It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepers in the corner (as seen by pets and people)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We have this phenomena occasionally in our house. More often when emotions are a bit tense between family members. They seem to get more active (using the power from the negative energy?). Anyway, thats what I've found. For two days in a row last week, I was having horribly real dreams. The last one was making me physically sick and I started to gag. Right when that feeling started, someone (or my brain) called out my name, real close to my ear where I remember feeling the air from the word. It woke me suddenly. Very weird. A real head shaker. Things have really settled down amongst us so I assume any activity will also subside.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
We had a cat who constantly played "made ya look!" with us. He would stare and move his head up and down like he was seeing something all the time. But every time we'd go to investigate there was nothing there. Then he'd look at us like he was amused.

In the 2 months during which we lost two of our cats to cancer (one of which was our "made ya look!" kitty) there was a looming shadow in the SW corner of our bedroom every night. This was not the upper corner, but the lower and about human sized. It always unnerved me. It would disappear when I'd investigate and darken as soon as I got back in bed. After they passed it was no longer there. I always thought of it as a harbinger after that.

I also used to have a golden retriever who liked to bark at this one wall every night. The house we owned at the time was built in 1920 and people would tell me we probably just had a mouse in the wall. Never saw or heard one, myself. But then I saw "Poltergeist" and the similarity (golden retriever barking at a wall) creeped me out. I don't remember what direction the wall was (I want to say East), but it was in the upstairs dining room.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We have three cats and one of them sits in the south East corner of our house and stairs at the ceiling. It's very weird. she doesn't meow she just stares up into the corner of that room.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TempleCat
In the 2 months during which we lost two of our cats to cancer (one of which was our "made ya look!" kitty) there was a looming shadow in the SW corner of our bedroom every night. This was not the upper corner, but the lower and about human sized. It always unnerved me. It would disappear when I'd investigate and darken as soon as I got back in bed. After they passed it was no longer there. I always thought of it as a harbinger after that.

I've only collected a handful of accounts that include a cardinal direction, but all the ones seen by people so far have been in the SW corners.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

when i was a kid both my brother and i saw a shadow move behind a tree in our back yard, though it look animal to me (i remember for some reason thinking it was a porcupine, though they dont live in the area) a few years later my mom said she saw a shadow figure hanging from the same tree.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have been seeing a corner creeping shadow for almost a decade now. It's appearances are very irregular and happen at two places.

One appearance is in my bedroom in a north-west corner behind a wardrobe, it's always used to peek around the corner of the wardrobe.

The other appearance was in the small hallway in front of the bathroom door, or if the door was open, inside the bathroom itself (I can see the bathroom door from my bedroom).

Two years ago I removed the wardrobe, and hanged some shelves in it's place. Ever since then any appearances have been exclusive to the bathroom door.

EDIT: Usually when I notice the shadow it disappears after making "eye contact" for a second.
I would also like to add that I have never felt threatened by it. The first time I noticed the shadow it scared me a little bit, mostly because I was younger at the time.

I'm wondering if it might be related to an incident that happened when I was younger. It was a stormy night and I woke up in the middle of the night seeing smoke in front of my window, but by the time I screamed it was already gone.
edit on 18-9-2012 by darthjantom because: I remembered something more.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's not the location that matters

it's the lack of light

Closets, corners, under stairs etc...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

i see small orbs too sometimes they are light colored sometimes more like dark spots i would love to know what they are. and in my old house i would see the orbs in the corner facing north east.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by darthjantom
EDIT: Usually when I notice the shadow it disappears after making "eye contact" for a second.
I would also like to add that I have never felt threatened by it. The first time I noticed the shadow it scared me a little
edit on 18-9-2012 by darthjantom because: I remembered something more.

Your statement regarding "eye contact" has me fascinated. I had a chance meeting with a shadow man over twenty years ago. I "sensed" someone was listening to our conversation before we ever saw him. He had NO FACIAL FEATURES, yet I knew he was "looking" at me. There was some sort of telepathic communication. He was not menacing in any way and I believe he was basically just caught eavesdropping. Anyway, not to derail thread with another reference to shadow people, but your comment made me wonder what you meant. The baffling thing about the experience that has stayed with me all these years is, how did I know what it was thinking if there were no facial expressions in which to judge?

For what it's worth, I saw him on a north wall, he was facing south, or should I say, I perceived him to be "facing" south.

I have a dog right now that has been barking at unseen things lately but honestly she is elderly, a little jumpy and her sight and hearing are more than likely failing her. My cat will sometimes react to something unseen, but when wondering about it...if animals sense of smell and hearing are so superior to ours, maybe it's possible they are picking up insects that we simply cannot see. Just a theory. Could a cat/dog perceive an insect (prey) within the wall or outside the house that we could not idea. Maybe it's more of a hunting mechanism.
edit on 9/18/2012 by shockedonlooker because: explanation

top topics

<< 1   >>

join