It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

The Muslim Brotherhood says Western nations should outlaw anti-Islamic material and at the same time preserve freedom of speech.

Their statement included references to laws that condemn anti-Holocaust materials.

The statement also condemns violence against US interests.

Hmmm. How "Politicized" is the statement?

Statement condemns violence against US interests, says free speech should not extend to acts of ‘barbaric aggression’ that humiliate all Muslims

Without the “criminalization of assaults on the sanctities of all heavenly religions,” the Muslim Brotherhood warned on Thursday, insults to Islam “will continue to cause devout Muslims across the world to suspect and even loathe the West, especially the USA.”

The remarks were part of a statement posted on the English-language website of the Brotherhood in response to a trailer for a new film, which the Egyptian ruling party says is insulting to Islam........

Link to the Muslim Brotherhood statement:

One and a half billion Muslims are subjected to humiliation and abuse in the person of their leader, Mohammed, the Messenger of God, the Prophet of Islam, of mercy and good tidings for the whole world.

With the message of God, Islam, Prophet Mohammed pulled peoples out of the abyss of backwardness and barbarism to the heights of sophistication and honorable humanity.
He lit the pathways of progress and human thought for all mankind, with pure faith in the one God, belief in all Messengers without distinction or discrimination, full respect and reverence for all Prophets......

The West has passed and imposed laws that punish those who deny or express dissident views on the Holocaust or question the number of Jews killed by Hitler, a topic which is purely historical, not a sacred doctrine.

Muslim Brotherhood Statement on Anti-Islam Film

Are there any laws in Muslim countries against anti "other" religious things?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
That will never happen.

The Muslim Brotherhood is Hamas in sheep's clothing.

I think I remember somebody saying they were peaceful people.

This is a fundamental American right.

We don't change our Constitution because someone gets butt-hurt.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The Muslim Brotherhood says Western nations should outlaw anti-Islamic material and at the same time preserve freedom of speech.

Come on, this isn't real life, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
God says this, god says that..Jesus f*****g Christ can these people NOT think for themselves..They should try it, just once...They'd be surprised at the outcome...They need to worry about their own part of the world and fixing it's problems before they try an dictate what other nations do..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sorry, but

Their rules, their problem.

What is it with these religious fanatics who want to impose stuff on people who aren't even part of their religion for starters ...

Same stuff about the laws ruling the goy population by the way.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sort of like some bully boy country trying to impose democracy on a host of other countries.....some by force, some by black ops....some by promoting revolution and supplying the arms...and the even army!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I say 'America and the Western world restricts anti-islamic speech when the World of Islam outs and eradicates the extremist element of their religion'.

Oh, that would mean the Muslim brotherhood would have to eradicate themselves.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
What kind of democracy are you talking about ?
The one where one hand says one thing and the other does the opposite ?

In that case, I'd say they are very fast learners.

Democracy isn't the issue here.

I'd say it's more about respect and common sense.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by Chrysalis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I for one think "hate speech" and "anti-holocaust" denial laws or moronic. These laws only chill free free expression, so I applaud the Muslim brotherhood for pointing out that much of Europe does not truly enjoy free speech.

The USA on the other hand has no such laws. Americans are free to join the KKK, Westboro baptist church, and other hate groups. Americans can deny the holocaust, deny slavery ever happened, or deny 9-11 ever happened. They subject themselves to criticism and ridicule when they do this, but they nevertheless have the right to do this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Now that I know my rights as an essentially free human being, there is no way i'm going to willfully give them up.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
as many elders before me have said ... "how does it feel to want ? ... you better get used to it cause this is the real world now."

they can want it and they can demand it til he!! freezes over.
perhaps, rather whine like a child, maybe they should BE the change they wish to see ??
well, we all have our fantasies, don't we ??

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Would you rather have democracy or live under Muslim law? Or everybody could just stay in their own countries and mind their own damn business
edit on 13-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The great thing about america is that we have free speech. The Muslim Brotherhood can demand all they want. Aint gonna change a thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
God says this, god says that..Jesus f*****g Christ can these people NOT think for themselves..They should try it, just once...They'd be surprised at the outcome...They need to worry about their own part of the world and fixing it's problems before they try an dictate what other nations do..

You actually found the main problem no they cant think for themselves.They truly do not understand our concept of freedom of speech. On and off i spent 3 years in the middle east and what most westerners cant understand is there idea of the world.First Islam in itself demands obedience it tells you what to eat when to pray how to punish criminals.In effect it controls every aspect of there lives.If you choose not to follow the rules you get labeled an apostate and then the penalty is death. This is the main reason the radicals find it easy to take over governments based on sharia.All they have to do is you dont think killing our enemies is right? When Allah himself commanded this are you an apostate?? And of course the person goes no no yes we need to kill the Americans and so much for moderates in Islamic nations.As far as freedom of speech goes it would never occur to them someone could put out anything without the states approval its just not done.

Ill tell you this made friends with alot of Arabs well there really nice people in fact required to be as long as your there guest. But i will tell you this they all believe that someday Islam will be the only religion because it says so in the Koran. So even a moderate Arab believes that sharia is inevitable outcome for the world and believe its there duty to help make that happen.
edit on 9/13/12 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
- Arthur C. Clarke -

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah free speech is important, unless you use it to deny the holocaust, then it's illegal. And the Muslim Brotherhood didn't use the word "demand", that was inserted by the Times of Israel when they spun their headline.
If free speech is good then it is good for everyone not just Zionists.
edit on 13-9-2012 by abdel because: speeling mistak

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Western civilization should demand Islam criminalize moronic nonsensical demands

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Western civilization should demand Islam criminalize moronic nonsensical demands

Western civilization should demand Islam criminalize Islamic Extremism.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah free speech is important, unless you use it to deny the holocaust, then it's illegal. And the Muslim Brotherhood didn't use the word "demand", that was inserted by the Times of Israel when they their spun headline.
If free speech is good then it is good for everyone not just Zionists.

Since you dont seem to understand the American concept of free speech let me explain freedom of speech isnt to protect speech you agree with or like its to protect speech you hate of find offensive.If its something youagree with no need to protect speech right. If Islam or zionists as you call them want to make movies put ads in the paper grab a soap box and start preaching so be it they have that right in the United States. Doesnt mean you have to listen or for that matter even take it seriously you still have the right to form your own opinion.But in the process of forming your own opinion it doesnt give you the right to hurt others.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I agree ,just like here on ATS if you don't like a post or subject you are free to overlook it,nobody put a gun to there heads to watch this video,free speech should be a human right..
edit on 14-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join