It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happiness - what happened to you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

The above is actually true, the only problem is, that this system is rigged to have us ALL depend on money. It is why, im trying to get a sum amount, not to buy material wants or possessions, but rather, buy back my freedom and head into a country where I could be free with the one I love.

In a way you are correct, there is a need for $, but hopefully soon, there won't be, if only just everyone got along.

Namaste brother.

With all posts here the constant is money creates choices. Those choices can be happy OR unhappy ones, so it is true that money doesn't create happiness, but when we lack money it limits our choice too. This is not an issue if the limited number of choices are the ones that give us happiness, but when our only choice(s) is one that is not desirable then you will be unhappy.

In America and most other 1st world countries, money is the tool we use to create choices. I do laugh at times when someone who doesn't lack in money suggests their life sucks or they are stressed more than a person who lacks in money.

I can't see how anything is more stressful than when you can't pay your rent, feed your family, pay your utilities etc when you have no options to help you. People with money (like me) tend to over look these huge issues and see them as non-issues and say stupid things like your life is so carefree, or I wish I had your life, or you don't have a clue to what REAL stress is, and other really ignorant statements.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Well...if we knew why an electron or photon can act as both Particle and Wave...we will have solved the Unified Field Theory! LOL! I don't think our brains are evolved enough to understand this at this time. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
This is to anyone that thinks their material stuff is making them unhappy.

I can help with that. u2u me and I'll come pick your possessions up and find a place for them with my junk.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

It's not that it makes people "unhappy". It sort of works like alcohol, if you are depressed, it gives you temporary happiness, but if you are already happy, it just makes you feel really good for a while...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by olaru12

It's not that it makes people "unhappy". It sort of works like alcohol, if you are depressed, it gives you temporary happiness, but if you are already happy, it just makes you feel really good for a while...

I couldn't agree more!

Case in point; when I started this business, my goal was to buy a Ferrari before I was 30. I worked hard, strove for it, and achieve it. I was elated for 3 months, and then it was almost like a normal thing.

So I upgraded to an even better car, and lo and behold, same thing again.

I've done the same with my house, my possessions - achieved everything I have ever dreamed of, and it doesn't provide an iota of happiness in the long term.

I'm not saying possessions are bad, or achievement is bad, I think achieving and being successful is hard wired into our psychology; but the pursuit of money or possessions for that sole intent is not fulfilling.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join