Happiness - what happened to you?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Could someone please send me some money? Not being flippant, btw. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by reppie
Could someone please send me some money? Not being flippant, btw. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

I dont use / carry money .. no plastic either.. can send mangos or dragonfruit fresh off the tree... or wild boar ...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I think this series hits the nail right on the head as to what makes people happy if you ask me
The title is c orny but the message is clear

PBS Special "This Emotional Life"

~THE ANSWER~:
Emotional connections and social relationships!
NOT money
NOTcareers
NOT material stuff

In a world where people are becoming more withdrawn and egotistical, it's no wonder why we life in such a world as we do, where many won't even dare to invite their new neighbor over to their house for a welcoming (accompanied by dinner and introductions to their family, kids included, due to FEAR) as was common to see maybe 50-80 years ago.
No more eating at dinner tables... no more actual conversations, no more common practice of appreciating those around us with thank you cards for simple interactions and favors... instead we TEXT eachother.
edit on 14-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

You believe you are unhappy because you have mistaken yourself to be something that you are not. It is not 'unhappiness' that is felt it is unease (dis-ease). It is no more than a case of misidentification.
You think you are a person that was born and will die, when really the person you see and hear is just part of the movie that you are witnessing. You are the witness of the light show.

Do not look for happiness. Just look at what you are. You are what allows all states to appear. You are the screen of awareness. The screen is empty, void of all things (states). If you can realize this you will know peace and joy. You are the screen with appearances appearing presently.
The belief in time is what removes one from the knowing of presence.

Just watch the movie happening and you will know peace.
youtu.be...
edit on 14-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Looking for yourself in the world is what makes life feel bad. You are right here and right now so if you look at yourself here presently you will find the beloved. Stop looking out and look in.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
If you flow with what your life is at the moment, if you don't resist what is, if you are not being too conditional, happiness is not far away...

You have to do something even if you don't like it? Flow with it, if it has to be done, do it, don't resist it, accept it.

We all have our likes and dislikes, but in the daily life, we have to flow and accept what has to be done.

Its so much easier this way.

Of course we can make choices but the thing is we have to flow with what the moment brings, which is not fully in our control.

Keywords: choice with flow and acceptance of what is in the moment

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

'Having to do' is hard, it is what makes life painful. Instead 'don't do anything'. Just watch it happen. It is just happening, there is no 'you' that can stop the happening.
When there is a realization that there is no 'you' life just flows.
Let it be.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Manula

'Having to do' is hard, it is what makes life painful. Instead 'don't do anything'. Just watch it happen. It is just happening, there is no 'you' that can stop the happening.
When there is a realization that there is no 'you' life just flows.
Let it be.

Thats just not true, at least for me.

I have me preferences, my choices, but a lot of the time i have to do things, but the secret is to do, to flow, to allow it to happen, let the energy flow instead of blocking it.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Happiness when searched for..... is the illusion
it cannot be found until you stop looking for it

like the old fable of the man who is sitting on the donkey galloping frantically through the village.
"shouting where is my donkey ..I cannot find my donkey"

Happiness is a "now" thing

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I think it's very noble of you to speak so openly about your feelings....many people feel the same way but are afraid to admit it. I know all too well how you are feeling. I think a lot of unhappiness has to do with hormone and brain chemical levels in our bodies. Hormones can really distort our peception and feelings of what goes on around us. As a woman, I have experienced bouts of crying and sadness for absolutely no reason at all and it was simply caused by progesterone levels being off balance.

I've often wondered if the preservatives and hormones they put in our food is to blame for our body levels to be 'off".

I hope you can find true happiness again

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hope4peace

You nearly took my words. I had learned that, whenever I was feeling more physically well, and comfortable in my body, skin, and clothes, I felt happier. I also discovered that when I ate my favorite food until I was full, I felt happier. Now, that is not good news for the weight loss concern of today. One time I was on a vegeterian diet, and I got depressed, grouchy, and having anxiety. Then I said to hell with it, and I raced over to burger king and got me a large fish sanwich with cheese and after I drank it down, I got this euphoria come over me.
But it all boils down to, how are you feeling physically, and in your clothes, (comfort level.) Exercise is a big help, too.
Edit to ad: I --reject-- that it's what we eat (for the most part) re this present obesity epidemic, and am very certain, that people's --metabolism-- is what is behind this all. The KEY is metabolism, but do ad your herbs, organics, vitamins, fibers, etc, so as not to expire from a massive grabber and cancer.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

This is because my life revolves almost solely around work, to generate money, to buy those things that the MSM insist will make me happy.

Yep. I know exactly what you mean. All the times I've had a job, I never really enjoyed what I was doing, because you have to cater to other people that don't give a flying rat's arse what you want in life, they just want you to make their customers happy so they can make their 401k. And meanwhile, the whole time you're working, all your funds are being drained by the very system you're working to uphold.

It's stupid.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's commonly known that interpersonal connection is a major contributor to happiness. From my perspective, society in general is expanding away from each other, like the galaxies in the universe. Many people are afraid of speaking to another human, and the act itself seems to be considered inappropriate. It disappoints me so much!

Remote communication has gained more and more avenues. It's easy and consequently addictive. Talking face to face with peers, especially on a completely open and friendly basis, has become a novelty. For me, anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Happiness is a choice. In this moment you can choose to be happy. You don't have to think about depressing things right now.

The secret to happiness is to quiet the mind a little bit so that it won't drift to negative thought and wear a smile on your face, when reality needs your concern, it will happen in the moment. Even if there is a problem and you need "strategy" it is still your choice to be light hearted - smile and laugh about it.

Also LAUGH more. There is no such thing as a fake laugh. You don't have to be thinking about anything to laugh - just take advantage of this beneficial action.

It doesn't have to be loud heavy laughs for no reason, but just a few small chuckles throughout the day for no reason is good.

Children laugh about 300 to 400 times a day. How much are you laughing?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

OP,

Its my perspective hapiness left us when we get away from nature.

I have a home, family ect......but theres a connection to nature that we are longing for....I also realized deadlines, scheduals, unfufilling jobs ect take away from the existance we once had when we were free...and surviving, reproducing and living in the wild.

If I go camping my whole family seems to change, my kids discover nature, we all feel at peace....many times its sad having to give it up to go back..to a demanding..unhappy...unfufilling...dismal way of life......

Nature, family and freedom is all the happiness needed

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Happiness is a choice we make. The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it. Be aware of your own thoughts. Separate them from the situation, which is always neutral, which always is as it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
I will answer my own question.

All Particles of Mass...Protons and Neutrons...are comprised of Quantum Particles such as Quarks, Leptons, Gluons, Mesons...etc. These Quantum Particles exist as both particles and Waveforms.

So everything that is Matter is made up of Quantum Particle/Waveforms.
Split Infinity

Very good and about what 30 seconds of Google search would come up with for wave/particle duality. I like to talk about more sexy things like how matter can come into existence from nothing...proof that our universe can be created basically out of nothingness.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Particle/Waveform Universal Reality exchange are a hobby of mine. I did not need to google. We most likely exist in a Multiverse and our Universal reality is but one of an Infinite Number of Divergent Universal States within our Multiversal Group.

There are Infinite Groups and our Universal Reality is but part of ONE OF THESE GROUPS. Each of the other groups are Universal realities where there exists a different law of Physics or a construct so alien in nature that we could neither classify it nor understand it.

Within each Proton and Neutron are smaller Quantum Particles that make up the entirety of these Protons and Neutrons. There are many types of Quarks...UP, DOWN, STRANGE, CHARMED...ETC...as well as many other Quantum Particles such as Gluons, Leptons, Mesons, Bosons...etc.

Let's take a QUARK...a quarks must exist in a Minimum as well as Maximum number within a Proton or Neutron...but in between the Minimum and Maximum constraints...they are free to EXIST IN ANY NUMBER. The Quarks BLINK IN AND OUT OF OUR UNIVERSAL EXISTENCE. Where do they go? I am betting that they exchange existence and reside within Protons and Neutrons that exist in an Alternate Divergent Universal Reality within our Group based on Probability. Thus the Protons and Neutrons in my body will have Quarks near or at Maximum when an event driven by choice and cause and effect. Thus a truck turns over and you take a different route to work and stop at a coffee shop where you meet your future spouse. In this event...the Quarks inside your bodies Protons and Neutrons are close to or at Maximum. If the Truck does not overturn and you take the same route you always take...Quarks exist at close to or at Minimum. If the Truck turns over and you drive around it but this causes a few second delay...Quarks are at a middle number or slightly greater.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

A man said to the Buddha, "I want Happiness."
Buddha said, first remove "I", that's ego,
then remove "want", that's desire.
See now you are left with only Happiness.

The above is actually true, the only problem is, that this system is rigged to have us ALL depend on money. It is why, im trying to get a sum amount, not to buy material wants or possessions, but rather, buy back my freedom and head into a country where I could be free with the one I love.

In a way you are correct, there is a need for $, but hopefully soon, there won't be, if only just everyone got along.

Namaste brother.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Where do they go? I am betting that they exchange existence and reside within Protons and Neutrons that exist in an Alternate Divergent Universal Reality within our Group based on Probability. Thus the Protons and Neutrons in my body will have Quarks near or at Maximum when an event driven by choice and cause and effect. Thus a truck turns over and you take a different route to work and stop at a coffee shop where you meet your future spouse. In this event...the Quarks inside your bodies Protons and Neutrons are close to or at Maximum. If the Truck does not overturn and you take the same route you always take...Quarks exist at close to or at Minimum. If the Truck turns over and you drive around it but this causes a few second delay...Quarks are at a middle number or slightly greater.
Split Infinity

I see how an alternate reality could happen this way but it also suggests that we would end up with infinite realities. This could be something I have a problem with and I think that we limit ourselves with trying to fit everything within our own reality for better understanding. The problem is that our universe has a beginning and an end and this creates logic loops when applied to something that doesn't..

One simple question that pushes us outside of what we can comprehend, would be, what is a place like with no time?

The concept that a particle vanishes into nothingness and another one is created from nothingness is a very hard thing to wrap one's brain around and becomes a very uncomfortable area to roam. I find that this concept is somewhat elegant though for it is about the only one that doesn't create an infinite logic loop, but then an infinite logic loop can also fit within my belief that a beginning or end just happens to be a part of our own universe and its unique properties and not some constant in all cases or even most cases.

With my 12 year old son we were discussing the uncertainty principle in my attempt to show him how the defined physics of our universe as we live in is not the same at all levels, and to start to think in others way, such as, how an electron is actually at all infinite points at once around an atom, and not spinning around it like the moon is to the earth.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join