It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks at US Embassy's Linked.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The video is a little old, and obviously it wasn't viewed by most people because it's cheesy and boring, however when some Muslims saw it and became offended I'm sure they made a chain e-mail and sent it out to people under the headline "Americans attacking the profit Muhammad" or something like that. Offensive things travel fast among those who are offended. There's constant mob actions by Muslims in the middle east and Europe over these types of things.

I don't think it's too unusual that the people are attacking U.S. embassies. They already hate the U.S., when a video like this comes along it helps them justify violence.
edit on 9/14/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
the video aint the problem its an excuse,

Quite so,

Dispersing Marines into the Middle East, Preparation

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
reply to post by thePharaoh

ist ok we understand if you belive the MSM.youll wake up soon

US Embassies attacked......MSM attacks Mitt Romney.

Why would - anyone - follow the MSM narrative?

Liberal agenda exposed by Kirsten Powers.

BTW, Kirsten Powers is a democrat.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Updated Info.
I just started looking at this, so I don't have all the details yet, but a review of internet traffic from the Cairo Regional Internet Exchange shows a HUGE spike right around the alleged release date from the movie.

www.caix.net.eg..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The Cairo hub is a major player in the region, it would be interesting to see what areas it feeds and who pulls the strings there.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Updated Info.
I just started looking at this, so I don't have all the details yet, but a review of internet traffic from the Cairo Regional Internet Exchange shows a HUGE spike right around the alleged release date from the movie.

www.caix.net.eg..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

The Cairo hub is a major player in the region, it would be interesting to see what areas it feeds and who pulls the strings there.

Who pulls the strings?

- The Muslim Brotherhood & the Salafi Extremists -

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The Arab Spring movement, is just a movement that is intended to cast out leaders that "agreed to the existance of Israel".

Hasn't it been speculated, that this movement is "directed" from Iran?

We've been "reacting" wrongly to these movements, ever since GW I.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I agree. That is likely why the warning of the attack in Libya was ignored. They needed blood. We should be very very very concerned about the next month.

They certainly seem to be in a hurry for some reason, unfortunately none of us will know why until it's all over.
And I think you're right on track with the blood thing, almost like religious sacrifices.

"they" are creating a "caliphate" a"united states of Islam";
and our president supports this ;He invited the muslim brotherhood for "talks"; dismissed the mere idea the "muslim brotherhood" had any political intentions.

The central test of the engage-political-Islamists policy is post-Mubarak Egypt.

Nobody remembers now, but after Mubarak's fall there was much debate whether the Muslim Brotherhood should be allowed to participate in Egypt's new political system.

It is hardly illiberal to ban a party that aims at the overthrow of a liberal state. West Germany banned neo-Nazi parties after 1945; the post-1989 Czech Republic forbade former communist officials to hold government jobs - and both democracies are stronger for it. In the end,
the Muslim Brotherhood escaped the ban by promising not to run a candidate for president, a promise it promptly broke.

Through it all, the Obama administration pressed for engagement, inclusion and acceptance, provided only that the Muslim Brotherhood complied with the rules of the political system. It did - and here we are.

more at:

Obama's Foolish Embrace of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood
by David Frum Sep 13, 2012 5:30 AM EDT

www.thedailybeast.com...

This explains his "action by inaction"; He literally wants the "arab spring" uprisings to" up end" the middle east .Muslims left with a power vacuum will fall under radical sharia law ...Banding together under an "Islamic power bloc".From Morroco to Iran. He will seek to reduce our nuclear stockpiles even further while buying time for Irans' centrifuges.

edit on 14-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
interesting...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Think the news just said something about the Pope going to one of these places to try to calm it down.
Anyone know anything about this..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I also think Israel is in some way mixed up in this mess. If their ultimate goal is to attack Iran they would certainly need assistance. The geography of Iran is even more unfriendly than Afghanistan. With mountain ranges to the North and West, lack of potable water and few roads nobody in their right mind would launch a ground assault. I know Israel is fascinated with unmanned drones lately, that would certainly help to soften up the resistance.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

because... uh Catholics and Muslims have such a peachy history together? He'll be lucky to escape with his funny hats and pope mobile!!!...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidsander
interesting...
Went to see D'nesh D 'souza's "2016 Obama's America;"

www.thewrap.com...

As I didn't care for the mans politics or associates; I didn't bother to read up on his background(autobiographies). He is not; as I surmised a devout "marxist"; but better described as an "Anti-colonialist": His father grew up in poor "3rd world" Kenya; a former British colony;

He himself spent his childhood in 3rd world" Indonesia:Also a former British colony; and Hawaii as it was experiencing a bout of "colonialist backlash against the U.S. and the fruit corporations taking over Hawaii.
Part of his "anti-colonialism" includes redistributing the ill gotten wealth back to these third world nations.and knocking the former imperialists down a peg so they are on equal footing with the 3rdworld.
D'souza an immigrant from India presented a well researched ;convincing case.

Part of this Anti-colonialism" is making the former imperialist west "Pay for their sins"
and leveling the playing field between previous colonies and the west.
Unilaterally reducing our stockpiles( his spoken dream of pursuit a"nuclear free " world) and enabling a new Islamic bloc to attain nuclear weapons would radically shift the power base in the world away from the west.

D’Souza responded to all of President Obama’s attack with a point by point refutation at Thewrap.com in which he concluded: “I’m not concerned about being the recipient of Obama’s rage. I’ve earned it. If he’s scared of the film 2016: Obama’s America, perhaps he has reason to be scared. So let’s debate the issues, Mr. President. But let’s stick to the facts. And be careful, sir. Your rage is showing.”
www.thewrap.com...,0

“To paraphrase Gandhi, first they ignored us, then they called us names and now we’re winning at the box office because the truth always wins out,” said Molen.

redOrbit

www.redorbit.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Theres a reason why the old egypt president barak keeped those muslim brotherhood maniacs locked up.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Just heard that the movie actually came out in June.

And they waited until September 11 to "express outrage".

Definitely coordinated.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Haven is absolutely right. To think it is that black and white proves you are the one who is confused. Nothing in life is hardly that simple, especially when it comes to geopolitics.

Most people want to simplify things because otherwise they will not understand, and humans always need to understand what is going on and have answers.

This situation is way more complicated, and the attacks in these Middle Eastern countries were planned well in advance and are being played out for a reason, an agenda that you are not privy too. There has been many, many, MANY instances of Western media (television, movies, etc) displaying the prophet Mohammed in an unsavory manner and although they have caused unrest and even violence it has never been this widespread. These were coordinated attacks and they serve an important goal for those who have initiated them.

I authored a thread earlier today because I too see the pattern that the OP is talking about. My thread was specifically about this violence coming to the United States, though. I think that is the next part of their plan.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Israel IS mixed up in this mess...

To the poster who believes this is Iran facilitating the Arab Spring.. I would do a little more research and understand what is going on a little better. Some of the Iranians biggest enemies are other ME countries. People tend to forget about the whole Shi'a and Sunni thing.... I am not saying Iran is not playing a part, this is a very complicated chess match. But they are not the ones behind this.

In the thread I authored earlier today, I pointed out a paper written all the way back in 1996 by some very important Israeli/Americans such as Richard Perle entitled "A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm." It was written by the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies, an Israeli think tank. Within, the paper advises the new, right-wing Israeli leader Binyamin Netanyahu to make a complete break with the past by adopting a strategy "based on an entirely new intellectual foundation, one that restores strategic initiative and provides the nation the room to engage every possible energy on rebuilding Zionism ..." The first step would be the removal of Saddam Hussein in Iraq. A war with Iraq would destabilize the entire Middle East, allowing governments in Syria, Iran, Lebanon and other countries to be replaced. "Israel will not only contain its foes; it will transcend them," the paper concludes.

This unrest in the Middle East is and was deliberately planned. However, I don't think they could have planned for many of the radical Islamic groups to necessarily seize power, even though the Muslim Brotherhood has been supported by the CIA and the US. We gave them tons of money and guns, and then we are surprised when they use them?

No, this has all been to formulate a reason to get boots on the ground, as many have said.

Once again, Problem - Reaction - Solution

This will unfortunately be coming to our shores, I believe.
edit on 14-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

How did the news of an internet meme travel that far, that fast, and enrage so many people? It just DOES NOT make any sense. I was on the internet last week for several hours, researching regional conflicts and I saw a TON of information about religious and social issues, I never saw a single word about that movie.

This movie (trailer) was shown on several Arab TV stations, implying it was government sanctioned by the US, possibly even implying (and making the common people believe) the movie was made by the US gvt.

In cultures/regimes such as many in the M.E.....it's simply not conceivable that "just some random person" might be uploading an idiotic youtube video without any involvement of our government. Those people are in the belief that whatever is on OUR media *must* also be sanctioned by our gvt - because that's how it is in their own countries.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just cant get over the mentality of these people, and I see it time and time again year after year. And now they are again killing people, burning buildings and cars cause someone insulted their religion? Its like watching a bunch of collage kids rioting cause their team lost. We've all seen that circus occur time and time again here in the states,. the point there is the adolescence. I like to laugh at the intellect of those that get AK's and shoot them strait up into the air...
I really wonder just what was translated for THEIR viewing. cause even the version i watched was dubbed many times with certain words which werent there from the actors mouth. regardless, the behavior is childish

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

thanks pal
also is that you with doctor Paul?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

My pleasure. Yes, that is me with Dr. Paul.

I have supported him since 2008 and during this election cycle he came to my home town of Bangor, ME and spoke at a local church. Obviously there was a huge outpouring of support and I was lucky enough to get to meet him and shake his hand.

I thanked him and told him my generation would not let him down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join