It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, they don't represent our religious beliefs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Kind of what I was getting at but not really.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

No, I do not believe there is a link to the Hebrews (Hyksos) as far as the "religion" of Akhenaten. The Hyksos practised a monolotry of Set, who later became the Yahweh of the Jews. Akhenaton's reasons were political, to wrestle power from one sun cult by creating another and moving the capital - I do not think he truly believed in any sort of monotheism, or even monolotry.

Also: I'll check out your message now

edit on 17-9-2012 by CodyOutlaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

Originally posted by jiggerj

What is wrong with you people??? Not one atheist in the entire history of mankind has killed because of the fact that there is NO god. Why are you people so blind???

Precisely, they kill because they dont have a God, they are their own Gods, no moral standard. Animals surviving as best they can, everything else is in their way.
What is wrong with you that you cant see that???

You blame books, how churlish, how foolish, how blind.

Get off the canvas

Your argument is to blame the book, wake up and grow up. Its ridiculous.

edit on 17-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Mankind was on this planet for over a hundred thousand years before Christianity came along. Apparently, we managed to get along quite well without the bible. In order to survive that long we already had to figure out right from wrong before the bible. We killed out of fear. We killed over land and women and greed - just like we're doing today. But before religion no one ever killed in the name of god. Throw that Good book out! Or at least tear out all the evil parts.
edit on 9/17/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Oh so its fine to kill in the name of politics or sex or money or land or whatever turns you on, just not God

Listen to the lunacy of your argument, this has nothing to do with killings and violence, this is sheer hate to those who believe in God.
Secular atheists have the largest death tolls on earth, yet you dont care about their teachings. Mao and Stalin killed more, by themselves than any religion has ever done, but thats ok.
The books are bad, them naughty books.
Where is your head at.

Lets go burn all the books ever written, that'd be best.
Lets start from zero again?

oh and if man was on the earth for 100 000 years and got along, then you are clean outa luck with that comment Where are they, where is their history, why no civilisations.
Show some evidence, if they were around then there were never many of them.

Your comments are infantile, baseless.
edit on 17-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Oh so its fine to kill in the name of politics or sex or money or land or whatever turns you on, just not God

You have no idea of the insanity you just wrote. Incredible. Frightening. Insane.

Secular atheists have the largest death tolls on earth, yet you dont care about their teachings. Mao and Stalin killed more, by themselves than any religion has ever done, but thats ok.
Where is your head at.

Once again, atheism is only the belief that there is no god. That's all there is to atheism - nothing more. There are no atheistic rituals, no atheistic guidelines to adhere to, no non-being to worship or kill for. It's simply the belief that there is no god. No one ever ever ever killed in the name of atheism. No one ever ever ever set up a government based on atheism.

The people you speak of would have committed atrocities whether they believed in a god or not.

And yes! Let's start from zero! Let's have a Brotherhood of Man that bestows upon every child born the exact same rights as every other human being. Let's worship the planet before we utterly destroy it. Let's seek to know everything that is based on fact, and not on faiths that can never be answered. YES! YES! YES!

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

You have no idea of the insanity you just wrote. Incredible. Frightening. Insane.

Where is your head at.

Once again, atheism is only the belief that there is no god. That's all there is to atheism - nothing more. There are no atheistic rituals, no atheistic guidelines to adhere to, no non-being to worship or kill for. It's simply the belief that there is no god. No one ever ever ever killed in the name of atheism. No one ever ever ever set up a government based on atheism.

The people you speak of would have committed atrocities whether they believed in a god or not.

And yes! Let's start from zero! Let's have a Brotherhood of Man that bestows upon every child born the exact same rights as every other human being. Let's worship the planet before we utterly destroy it. Let's seek to know everything that is based on fact, and not on faiths that can never be answered. YES! YES! YES!

Hey good idea, lets start from zero, how Pol Pottish of you. Lucky I read books and know how stupid that thought was. Cambodia was and still is destroyed because of year zero
yearzerodoc.com...
Millions died to start at year zero, thats obviously a good thing though isnt it

Atheists dont need a book to kill people, they do it for fun. Your argument and premise is DUMB.
Atheism is far more than a belief there is no God, its a religion with preachers like you, its a hate campaign, its a political force and it has agendas. Its a religion where self is the idol.
Its ignorance of history as you prove.

Burn books
atheism.about.com...
That suggests you have serious mental issues

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Hey good idea, lets start from zero, how Pol Pottish of you. Lucky I read books and know how stupid that thought was. Cambodia was and still is destroyed because of year zero
yearzerodoc.com...
Millions died to start at year zero, thats obviously a good thing though isnt it

Atheists dont need a book to kill people, they do it for fun. Your argument and premise is DUMB.
Atheism is far more than a belief there is no God, its a religion with preachers like you, its a hate campaign, its a political force and it has agendas. Its a religion where self is the idol.
Its ignorance of history as you prove.

Burn books
atheism.about.com...
That suggests you have serious mental issues

You really do have a mental block about this don't you.
Let me lay it out for you.

I'm am an atheist, there is no empirical proof of your deity or any other mankind has created in our history.
I find religions and deity worship bewildering (and if I am honest mildly amusing and seriously frightening).

I don't condone book burning, abolition of the right to worship, or warfare in the name of an imaginary friend, territory, resources or genocide.

I do recognize that all of the above are simply excuses to gain power over other men. I also recognize that no one needs a book (or a belief) to perform these acts. However it surely does make it easier to instigate if you can use words such as :

"Godless" , "righteous", "The lord's will" and "god is on our side" (Oddly a god is often on both sides.)

Violence and war are merely tools to achieve (and hold) power. Religion is often (usually) the propaganda machine to whip up the populace.
Atheism is not. Ever heard the rallying cry 'We shall win for God is with THEM!", no I thought not.

When a man seeks to hold power he eliminates the threats to his holding of that power.

Two disparate examples:
Henry King of England spurned the Catholic Church and established the Church of England. Why? because he did not wish to answer to Rome in a nutshell, Rome undermined HIS power.

Stalin purged all perceived threats to his power, including the religious organizations and his own (best) Generals. Why? Because he was an atheist?
No, because they were direct and tangible(in his mind) threats to his holding of power.

Religion, politics, wealth blah blah blah all tools to achieve power over ones fellow man.

Atheism, a personal decision there are no deities nothing more.
I do not feel threatened by your god (or any other god), I don't need to, they don't exist.

P.S. Burning books is a tool of control, burning people was a tool of enslavement through fear, but as they say..........
“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

edit on 18-9-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

You really do have a mental block about this don't you.
Let me lay it out for you.

I'm am an atheist, there is no empirical proof of your deity or any other mankind has created in our history.
I find religions and deity worship bewildering (and if I am honest mildly amusing and seriously frightening).

I don't condone book burning, abolition of the right to worship, or warfare in the name of an imaginary friend, territory, resources or genocide.

I do recognize that all of the above are simply excuses to gain power over other men. I also recognize that no one needs a book (or a belief) to perform these acts. However it surely does make it easier to instigate if you can use words such as :

"Godless" , "righteous", "The lord's will" and "god is on our side" (Oddly a god is often on both sides.)

Violence and war are merely tools to achieve (and hold) power. Religion is often (usually) the propaganda machine to whip up the populace.
Atheism is not. Ever heard the rallying cry 'We shall win for God is with THEM!", no I thought not.

When a man seeks to hold power he eliminates the threats to his holding of that power.

Two disparate examples:
Henry King of England spurned the Catholic Church and established the Church of England. Why? because he did not wish to answer to Rome in a nutshell, Rome undermined HIS power.

Stalin purged all perceived threats to his power, including the religious organizations and his own (best) Generals. Why? Because he was an atheist?
No, because they were direct and tangible(in his mind) threats to his holding of power.

Religion, politics, wealth blah blah blah all tools to achieve power over ones fellow man.

Atheism, a personal decision there are no deities nothing more.
I do not feel threatened by your god (or any other god), I don't need to, they don't exist.

P.S. Burning books is a tool of control, burning people was a tool of enslavement through fear, but as they say..........
“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

edit on 18-9-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

Poor you
now
Stop your moaning

edit on 19-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join