It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

INTELLIGENCE briefings, again the link is talking about Obama missing intelligence briefings. You know, the kind where he would learn about credible threats to our security.

Here is the quote again:

The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

lol Well it seems there is no convincing you. Obama is the worst president the US has ever seen, and Romney is your savior. He will fix everything. Keep on beleiving foxnews, I give up on trying to tell you the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
I would say 412 hours for economics briefings alone is a lot. I could earn several degrees in less time.

More excuses.

Does not matter what you think. The briefings are there for a reason.

There is no telling how important these briefings are or how they really factor into the competence of a president.

Right, not important at all. I'm sure these briefings play no part in giving the president valuable info so he could make an informed decision instead of the "throw a dart at a board" approach the current president seems to take.

Something that would help in deciding would be a comparison with the hours between, say, Bush, Reagan, Clinton and Obama. Since you are the one making the argument, I will allow you to research it and make the comparison yourself.

Must be bad for Obama since you did not throw useless stats in your post.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Well it seems there is no convincing you.

I did not realize you were trying to convice me of anything except that obama can do no wrong.

Obama is the worst president the US has ever seen

So far, I would have to agree with you.

Romney is your savior. He will fix everything.

Sorry, the Messiah role is already taken by Obama.

Who said anything about Romney fixing anything.
I would vote for a pet rock instead of Obama.

Keep on beleiving foxnews, I give up on trying to tell you the truth.

Where do you get your talking points because why do you believe most conservatives or republicans get most of their news from Foxnews? You are totally wrong again and you keep showing your ignorance.

Your truth seems to be democratic talking points handed out to the media by the obama administration.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

INTELLIGENCE briefings, again the link is talking about Obama missing intelligence briefings. You know, the kind where he would learn about credible threats to our security.

I still, and i am trying really hard, to grasp your point. What Is the significance of these numbers? How do they factor into the competency of a president? What are the numbers of the other presidents? How important are these meeting. Is going to "one third" of them going to be enough?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Obama is the worst president the US has ever seen

So far, I would have to agree with you.

Hey dude, im checking out your previous threads, and im not saying nothing about nothing, but since 2008 you seem to have a hard on for Obama, now hey im cool with that, everyone has their favourites.

But can I ask you, If Obama is the worst president, where does GW Bush fall on that list?

BTW I loved your threads:

Barack Obama does not give birthday presents to children
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and also
Barack Hussein Obama has an Arabic accent?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there's no bias whatsoever, eh? its obvious dude your really going to say what ever you can regardless of common sense to throw mud at this man.

lets be honest, obama doesnt make the decisions, your smart enough to realise this, so why continue the bashing?
edit on 13-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

More excuses. Does not matter what you think. The briefings are there for a reason.

It is used to brief other officials as well, not just the president. The name is misleading, I can see your confusion.

Right, not important at all. I'm sure these briefings play no part in giving the president valuable info so he could make an informed decision instead of the "throw a dart at a board" approach the current president seems to take.

Because, once again, no one exist to handle problems or personally inform the president of matters that require his direct attention.

Must be bad for Obama since you did not throw useless stats in your post.

Wtf, is the briefing important or not?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

MsAphrodite my friend, I know you're trying to get the word out,,,,,
Obama loves to blame Bush for all his failures, at least Bush made his intelligence briefings.

President MIA on Daily Intelligence Briefings

And it’s not like missing intelligence briefings is standard practice for an American President. Thiessen writes: “By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.”

Source: blog.heritage.org...

Each president has had his own style of dealing with the PDB.

Jimmy Carter read it after listening to highlights and other information from his national security adviser, Zbigniew Brzezinski. Carter then sent notes on the PDB to Brzezinski.

Ronald Reagan let his national security advisers brief him on it, then asked questions; Bill Clinton read it ahead of time, but early in his career he canceled the briefing when he believed that the PDB taught him nothing
new and that he had more important budgetary matters to handle. George H.W. Bush was briefed on it and, as a former CIA director, often stretched the meeting to discuss how information had been obtained. George W. Bush read the PDB as he was being briefed, asking questions along the way.

Lauding the previous occupant of the Oval Office, Thiessen wrote, “By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting.” Given the attacks of Sept. 11 and the misguided war in Iraq that followed, this is a meaningless assertion. Meanwhile, the man Thiessen basically brands a national-security slacker somehow was able to give the order that took out bin Laden. What a president knows is important. What he does with that knowledge is essential to the safety and security of the nation.

www.washingtonpost.com... 7_blog.html

Jesus H. Chris,,,, Even Jimmy Carter paid more attention to the intelligence briefings than obama!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Obama has done plenty wrong. But I dont think his foriegn policy is part of that conversation. And that is not an opinion I got from the liberal media. That is an opinion of being deployed in the middle east last year, Asia before that and my wife being deployed right now. So I keep up with what is going on in the middle east on a regular basis. But you cant expect Obama to have complete control of all middle east countries.

It is not a conspiracy, there are people over there that really, reallllly want to kill Americans, for one reason or another. We have supressed them as much as possible, but every now and then they pull off a successful attack. That is not Obama's fault.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

May I ask you a question?

Is it acceptable to you to know that the POTUS missed 1/2 of his intelligence briefings?

Do you have a job, or are you a student?

Is 1/2 ever acceptable? Do 1/2 of your final? Show up for 1/2 of your work day?

Would it be alright with you if at your next wellness check up the doctor only gave you 1/2 of the recommended tests?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thank you for that. I am working while posting, so quite distracted. Thankfully the safety of the world does not currently rest on my shoulders.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Hey dude, im checking out your previous threads, and im not saying nothing about nothing, but since 2008 you seem to have a hard on for Obama

Wow, you are a classy kind of guy right.

I guess when you say I have a "hard on" for Obama you really are trying to say that I have a problem with someone who is deceitful and will frankly say anything to get elected even if he is not sincere about it.

But can I ask you, If Obama is the worst president, where does GW Bush fall on that list?

Bush is definitely not at the top of the list but no where near the bottom along with Obama.

BTW I loved your post:

Awesome dude!

there's no bias whatsoever, eh? its obvious dude your really going to say what ever you can regardless of common sense to throw mud at this man.

I'm not so sure you should be talking about common sense if you support Obama.

It's not my fault obama has so much baggage.

lets be honest, obama doesnt make the decisions, your smart enough to realise this, so why continue the bashing?

Really? Then who do you think makes the decisions?
Obama got pretty much everything he wanted from obamacare to the bailouts to the government takeover of some industries. He also likes to do an end around Congress by abusing executive orders and using his minions in certain agencies like the EPA.

link   

I thought Canada kicked out the Iran embassy? Your comment is in-correct no?

link   

Is it acceptable to you to know that the POTUS missed 1/2 of his intelligence briefings?

I am okay with it. I don't feel too strongly about the issue either way.

Then again i don't know exactly how important the briefings are.

Do you have a job, or are you a student?

You wouldn't think it with how often i visit this site, but both.

Is 1/2 ever acceptable? Do 1/2 of your final? Show up for 1/2 of your work day?

Not a valid comparison, you know that.
edit on 14-9-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

It is used to brief other officials as well, not just the president. The name is misleading, I can see your confusion.

What sort of lame logic are you using.

Just because other officials are there means obama does not?
He should be the one there regardless if anyone else shows up. You have it all backwards.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Look up about 5 posts and read about how other presidents have treated the importance of these briefings. Being a total Obama sycophant isn't really doing you any favors.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Hehe, Ill entertain this purely cause todays as boring as a bat in a barn.

I dont mean anything personal, its just that your threads since 2008 clearly show that even if Obama cured cancer you'd still probably bag the man out. ( i dont blame you, id do (did) the same with Bush )

So, anyone who supports Obama has no common sense right?

So the common sense people are with Romney?

Can I ask you something,

Do you actually believe Obama is the one who makes the decisions?
edit on 14-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Obama has done plenty wrong. But I dont think his foriegn policy is part of that conversation.

okay, then tell me what he has done correctly in foriegn policy because I really cannot think of anything that you could call a success.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Then again i don't know exactly how important the briefings are.

Sorry brother, but this should answer THAT question.

So he reads his intelligence briefings every day? Question: then, why the heck was he taken by surprise on this one?

Obama has no regular terror briefings

For eight years, President 43, took time each morning to sit in on the daily intelligence briefing -- six days a week, never missing a single meeting for eight years. And, this can be confirmed with the White Calendar. By contrast and according to a study by the Government Accountability Institute, Obama has attended only 43.8 percent of his Presidential Daily Briefs or a little more than 530 of the first 1225 briefings of his presidency (up to the past three or four days). Worse yet, the daily log does not show his attendance at any of the past six briefings. His last briefing was on September 5.

Obama denies this and makes his argument Of course, the White House claims to have a better process, with Obama reading the daily intelligence briefings without fail, on a daily basis. Rather than spend an hour or more fulfilling his single more important duty as president, Obama chooses to take 5 minutes and move on.

Our Question: if he is informed, why was he surprised?

Let’s assume that he is not covering his backside, on this one. Question: why were the events of the past 24/48 hours such a surprise to this Administration? You ask, “How do you know this was a surprise?” and I answer with this: “If ‘surprise’ was not a part of the equation, if he was, in fact fully informed and aware, why did he not move our diplomats out of harm’s way?” Understand that with this new president, Obama took the responsibility of interrogating foreign captures away from the CIA and . . . . . . . . well . . . . . . and, he has not seen a supervised and productive interrogation since. Under Obama, it is more humane to kill the terrorists, along with their families and neighbors, than to interrogate them. We kill the enemy, we do not capture and interrogate them

So he reads his intelligence briefings every day? Question: then, why the heck was he taken by surprise on this one?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Do you actually believe Obama is the one who makes the decisions?

Well, he is getting paid to be responsible for the good and the bad. If it is all a sham, he is still on top of the heap.

sad eyed lady

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join