posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
Obama response inadequate
Obama has ordered "heightened security" and the story so far is that means 50 more marines are on the way to Libya. That's an inadequate
It's not enough to "order heightened security" if by that you mean ordering the same incompetent fools currently in charge of security to continue
in post but to try to do a proper job this time despite still having no idea what to do.
The President should -
- Sack and replace the Secretary of Defense (Panetta) with someone who will sack incompetent generals and appoint competent ones
- Sack and replace the Secretary of State (Clinton) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
- Sack and replace the Under Secretary of State for Management (Patrick F. Kennedy) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and
appoint competent ones
- Sack and replace the Assistant Secretary of State for Diplomatic Security (Eric J. Boswell) with someone who will sack incompetent security
officials and appoint competent ones
- Close all vulnerable diplomatic embassies and consulates in countries with a war-on-terror connection, with an armed jihadi terrorist groups
- Establish new secure embassies and consulates within new or existing military bases
- Site new military bases for the embassies / consulates in rural areas where the land for 6 to 10 miles around the embassy can be occupied and
- Site about 60 defensive machine-gun posts 1000 metre / 1000 yard intervals around a circumference at a radius of 6 miles from the base,
- Surround the machine gun posts with barbed wire and vehicle barriers
- Man the 60 machine guns, 3 men per gun, 24/7 with a force of about 600 marines per base,
- Vastly increase the size of the Marine Security Guard from the small force now of about 1000 to the many thousands of marines it will take to
secure all the new bases
Sorry "ordering heightened security" simply doesn't cut it.
Tough questions for President Obama.
Why were the guards mostly Libyans, instead of having plenty of US Marine Security Guards?
Why was the US consulate sited in a Benghazi house that was never designed to be defended like a fort against attackers?
Why did the ambassador's security team choose such an unsuitable place, a death trap, to stand and fight?
The President must act to secure US diplomats
The buck stops with the president - ultimately President Obama is responsible for failing to secure the US's diplomats but the question of replacing
a failing president is for the American people and their election to decide. My favourite for president - Condoleezza Rice - is not a candidate in
2012 so I will let Condi speak for me as to who she is backing.
My advice to the US President would be that his Secretary of State has failed as regards her diplomatic security functions.
I can see why many Americans would not want to see Hillary Clinton sacked for this failure. She's a very popular lady.
I too would not want to have seen my favourite for Secretary State, Condoleezza Rice, sacked over this either.
Nevertheless something must be done to improve the management of security.
The competence of the entire Bureau of Diplomatic Security is in question. The senior managers must take responsibility and resign or be dismissed by
US State Department website -The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) is the security and law
enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State. DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security,
counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information.
"world leader" - HA!
SACK HIM MR PRESIDENT!
Eric J. Boswell
BUREAU OF DIPLOMATIC SECURITY AND DIRECTOR, OFFICE OF FOREIGN MISSIONS
Term of Appointment: 07/07/2008 to present
Check out this topic in ATS
Egypt's NileSat satellite TV inciting terrorism in North Africa and the Middle East,