It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing'

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

it's not just president obama who is unsure who our allies are:

US-Backed Terrorists Murder US Ambassador in Libya

www.globalresearch.ca...

- “I have met with these brave fighters, and they are not Al-Qaeda. To the contrary: They are Libyan patriots who want to liberate their nation. We should help them do it.” – Senator John McCain in Benghazi, Libya April 22, 2011.

McCain’s “Libyan patriots” have now murdered US Ambassador John Christopher Stevens in the very city McCain spoke these words. An assault on the American consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, the epicenter of not only last year’s violent subversion and destruction of sovereign Libya, but a decade’s old epicenter of global terrorism, left Ambassador Stevens dead along with two of his aides.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Quote what was in the warning, then. What specific threat did it warn against?

You are missing the point.

Do you actually believe that if the obama administration did not act on warnings that they would come out and admit it?
No, they would not. They would try and cover their arse by releasing a statement saying there was no actionable info. Of course this only after being caught doing nothing with the embassy warnings.

Just the size and design of the consulate alone was incompetent.

I saw the Google Earth snapshot.

It was about the size of the Osama bin Laden compound. - very small -

The warning + the rules of engagement will be enough to sink Hillary Clinton.

Testimony from Colonel Hunt should be enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
it's not just president obama who is unsure who our allies are:

So what's your point?

McCain is not president nor is he running for president.

McCain is a misguided old fool, not a incompetent leader like osama.....I mean obama.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well, this is just typical of the Obama administration.

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

I don't understand. If you had credible information why not warn the diplomats and lockdown the embassy.
It makes no sense unless to further solidify that Obama is clueless and has no understanding of reality. Perhaps Obama is just inept or deep down he agrees with & has sympathy for the criminals.

EDIT:
Here is some more evidence:

Report: Egyptian Intelligence Warned of Embassy Attacks as Early as Sept 4

Could these warnings be the reason why Canada pulled their diplomats out a week ago?

Perhaps the Canadian leadership is a little smarter.

edit on 9/13/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

Not only typical of the Obama admin but the Bush admin as well. Dubya received a memo a month before 9-11 which he and his admin also ignored (except Ashcroft, who was smart enough not to fly commercial for the weeks leading up to 9-11). I guess these admins take the Dirty Harry approach, "Go ahead, make my day", then they have their built in excuse to further their agendas to take us to wars and lead us further down the path to martial law.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Not only typical of the Obama admin but the Bush admin as well. Dubya received a memo a month before 9-11 which he and his admin also ignored

I have not heard about this "memo" Bush received but that was 11 years ago. Bush is no longer president even though some act like he was president just last year.

We have to worry about the present and the future. Currently Obama is the president and along with his broken administration, they have managed to screw up practically everything. Of course, the most recent incompetence, is their handling of the embassy fiasco.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Quote what was in the warning, then. What specific threat did it warn against?

You are missing the point.

Do you actually believe that if the obama administration did not act on warnings that they would come out and admit it?
No, they would not. They would try and cover their arse by releasing a statement saying there was no actionable info. Of course this only after being caught doing nothing with the embassy warnings.

You are missing the point...

Do you actually believe that we should trust your assertions based upon your track record here?

You have made a successful thread based upon a twig of evidence that you have spun out of
all proportion.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

No, don't think so.

Do you actually believe that we should trust your assertions based upon your track record here?

Huh?

What are you talking about? What assertions and what track record?

All I did was post some articles regarding obama's incompetence and other people agreed and disagreed in their replies. But you know what, at least they contributed unlike yourself who only seem interested in making things personal. Perhaps this is how you normally operate when you have no valid arguments to make regarding the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No, don't think so.

Huh?

What are you talking about? What assertions and what track record?

All I did was post some articles regarding obama's incompetence and other people agreed and disagreed in their replies. But you know what, at least they contributed unlike yourself who only seem interested in making things personal. Perhaps this is how you normally operate when you have no valid arguments to make regarding the topic at hand.

Oh wait, you are not an old school Bush supporter who has been championing the right wing since
well before Obama's time in office

You are asserting that there was intelligence that could have been used to predict the
goings on, yet you have provided ZERO proof of that.

It is safe to say that your word is a biased as my word, yet I am not the person leveling
accusations.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oh wait, you are not an old school Bush supporter who has been championing the right wing since

I was a supporter of Bush but I did not kneel before him as a messiah like yourself with obama. I have been critical of Bush when he did things I disagreed with unlike yourself who thinks obama can do no wrong.

Plus, to my earlier point, what does my ideology have to do with you making posts personal instead of discussing the topic at hand.

You are asserting that there was intelligence that could have been used to predict the

I see......In other words, having a couple articles about this is not good enough for YOU. You are entitled to your wrong opinion but you believe anything coming out of the mouth of obama and his administration.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I was a supporter of Bush but I did not kneel before him as a messiah like yourself with obama. I have been critical of Bush when he did things I disagreed with unlike yourself who thinks obama can do no wrong.

Plus, to my earlier point, what does my ideology have to do with you making posts personal instead of discussing the topic at hand.

I see......In other words, having a couple articles about this is not good enough for YOU. You are entitled to your wrong opinion but you believe anything coming out of the mouth of obama and his administration.

You cannot even present the "facts" of the articles in your own words...

Are you afraid that your thread premise will fail if you strike out on your own with original
debate?

You can't just be here to parrot...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Are you afraid that your thread premise will fail if you strike out on your own with original
debate?

Okay, you have gone off the deep end. It's really sad, just sad.

I'm done talking to you if you continue with these personal comments instead of talking about the topic at hand.
What's wrong with you? You are really being a troll now.
Is it that you know obama has done wrong and cannot come to grips with it? Is that it?

edit on 9/15/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

debate?

Okay, you have gone off the deep end. It's really sad, just sad.

I'm done talking to you if you continue with these personal comments instead of talking about the topic at hand.
What's wrong with you? You are really being a troll now.
Is it that you know obama has done wrong and cannot come to grips with it? Is that it?

edit on 9/15/2012 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

Deflect, Deflect, Deflect

What specific piece of intelligence did America fail to heed?

In your own words, let's hear it...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I don't understand your obsession with the phrase "in your own words".

I know you can read since you are communicating on this forum so why do you need me to paraphrase the two different articles I posted? It makes no sense.

Did you read the two articles? If so, then you know about the warnings given so I don't see any need to repeat it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I know you can read since you are communicating on this forum so why do you need me to paraphrase the two different articles I posted?
This is my first post in this Big Thread, could you summarize the OP for me.

I think it will bring me up to speed.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
This is my first post in this Big Thread, could you summarize the OP for me.
I think it will bring me up to speed.

Wow, you must "thepresident".

You are saying you don't have the time to read the original post but have the time to read my interpretation. Please, go read the OP for yourself "thepresident" or "twosides" or whoever you are.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheoryYou are saying you don't have the time to read the original post but have the time to read my interpretation. Please, go read the OP for yourself "thepresident" or "twosides" or whoever you are.
Ok
Followed your advice, Read the Op.

So, Israeli SOURCES reported that the Eygptian Gov told of pending attacks, to the current admin.

Israeli Sources.

Yep, no agenda there.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I don't understand your obsession with the phrase "in your own words".

I know you can read since you are communicating on this forum so why do you need me to paraphrase the two different articles I posted? It makes no sense.

Did you read the two articles? If so, then you know about the warnings given so I don't see any need to repeat it.

So basically, you don't have any idea what your assertions are?

You let the articles, that other people wrote stand as your contribution to debate?

If you are unable to substantiate your claims, or if you KNOW the claims you are
implying are spurious, why don't you admit it?

America did not know that this reaction was going to play out this way.

Thread closed and you can go back into retirement

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

Here's the topic:

Please stick to it.
The bickering, personal attacks and off topic banter STOPS NOW!!!!

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join