It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel, Globalist Propaganda Programming? The Men Who Built America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So the History Channel has this new mini-series coming out;

John D. Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford and J.P. Morgan rose from obscurity and in the process built modern America. Their names hang on street signs, are etched into buildings and are a part of the fabric of history. These men created the American Dream and were the engine of capitalism as they transformed everything they touched in building the oil, rail, steel, shipping, automobile and finance industries. Their paths crossed repeatedly as they elected presidents, set economic policies and influenced major events of the 50 most formative years this country has ever known. From the Civil War to the Great Depression and World War I, they led the way.

Using state of the art computer generated imagery that incorporates 12 million historical negatives, many made available for the first time by the Library of Congress, this series will bring back to life the world they knew and the one they created. The event series will show how these men took a failed experiment in democracy and created the greatest superpower the world has ever seen. We see how their historic achievements came to create the America of today.

www.history.com...

For better quality www.history.com...

The storyline revolves around these 5;

Carnegie
JP Morgan
Rockefeller
Vanderbilt
Ford

Yup. Let's all celebrate the crony capitalist robber barons of the 19th century. They created America, the whole thing. A quasi-private federal reserve has been so helpful! Let's glamorize them, so everyone will worship their creepy familial foundations and descendants.

edit on 13-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
They might have been robber barons with highly questionable tactics, methods, morals and who treated their workers horribly, but the series title doesn't lie. They WERE "The Men Who Built America".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

There were a ton of people that "built" America.But yes, they played a large part in the industrialization of the USA, I'm not saying they didn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Not a surprise. There is NOTHING on the boob tube anymore that is not propagating an agenda. This way the kids will see their descendents names and revere them as "higher life forms"..."Look everyone! It's Senator Jay Rockefeller from West Virginia...his Great grandpa built New York City! (Just making a point how things get "twisted" into fairy tales years after the fact)

Funny I don't see Tesla's name or Edison's name on the list (I didn't watch the video). I think there are several important names missing from that list...you know...the folks that actually built and made things that dramatically improved life for millions...but hey...the Robber Barons were responsible for all things good! They could do no evil!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
Not a surprise. There is NOTHING on the boob tube anymore that is not propagating an agenda.

You think the internet is any different? I don't understand this logic..The TV's bad, but the internet is somehow immune to propaganda and agendas..Sure you can look at whatever you want on the net, but it's as bad as the TV..actually it's far worse than the TV because any whack job can access the net and spread their tripe and gullible fools will follow right along..The internet is far, far worse than the dreaded televison..As to the OP..like these guys or hate'em, they did financially build this country
edit on 13-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Oh I agree...I think it's just easier to see a wider diversity of opinion on the web than on the tube. Hehe...listen to that "opinion"...I dare say there is very little "fact" available anywhere anymore. Everything has someone's opinion or "twist" attached to it. People are so concerned with dragging people to their side of the fence, they cannot just report facts anymore...they have to "angle" things in such a way as to draw out a desired response...sad times when trying to get info and formulate your own opinion....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"Globalist Propaganda Programming?"

Considering the facts....

Abso-fracking-lutely!

Don't be surprised though....

I would bet that you, like me, were taught about the daring and noble Christopher Columbus who discovered America and befriended the Natives?

This is what they do.... what you are experiencing is like the shimmering veil in front of our so-called 'eyes.'

History is being crafted.

Where do you think the Dark Ages went? They seem to be not so dark for a select few.

I would further wager that most programs produced by any one of the 5 media owners, is malleable to this aspect of social engineering. Such that it is possible to do it... they do it.

Back in the days when it was all in books, most people stopped reading.... now it can be 'retracted' instantly by one on-line publication, one well-produced high end documentary. Damn the facts.

I wonder what my great grandchildren will know of the legacy of some of our self-proclaimed elite?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They werent responsible, they created a hand that feeds. They also gave the peasants crumbs from their pie to fight over.

So if you ask me- yes- They are responsible for all the wrong in the world.

_ I say all this without watching the video, Its just my personal opinion on puppet masters.

I will go watch the video now and If I learn anything new that will convince me otherwise, I will make sure to reply back

edit on 13-9-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I would bet that you, like me, were taught about the daring and noble Christopher Columbus who discovered America and befriended the Natives?

History is being crafted.

It's ironic that you say that. Here's a clip on the history channel site telling you to raise a cup and toast for Columbus on "Columbus day". It also calls him a hero.

There's absolutely nothing about him murdering, mutilating, raping and enslaving the indigenous people. They might as well be telling you to toast for Hitler on his birthday.

www.history.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Well they definitely stifled potential economic growth as they would not allow for any competition, only with their cronies. And by refusing to increase their employees wages even when productivity and profits had went up.

Plus getting the federal reserve act passed, which enslaved the nation to a quasi private institution. It's also what makes all of our imperialist wars financially possible,

edit on 14-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It took these men 50 years to GET their stranglehold on the US. 50 years that were the greatest flowering of human achievement in history, from the civil war until WWI. Everything that we take for granted as "modern life" was invented in this short period. The robber barons did not create anything, they managed to consolidate and monopolize everything, that's all. While REAL men were creating the modern world. Everything from the clothes you wear to the car you drive to the light you read by and the shower you bathe in and the computer you are reading this on, all were invented in this one burst of innovation.

The noose was finally laid around the neck of the US in 1913. Instantly war broke out. Innovation kept happening for about twenty more years, but as the noose tightened all innovation was gradually strangled, and came to a halt. Right as we were on the cusp of a jump to the next level, everything came to a grinding halt, because the plunderers have control of everything, and they don't want that to change. Anything that threatens their hegemony is stamped out. You must pay them for energy and food. If you didn't have to, then they wouldn't be able to control you, and they don't want that.

Innovation has been strangled by these men and their ilk. I defy anyone to come up with anything NEW that has been invented since WWII. ANYTHING.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

While they may not have made it, they did bankroll it.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by CaptChaos

While they may not have made it, they did bankroll it.

Not exactly. The Banks and financial institutions of which they are majority stockholders bankrolled it... making the profit theirs, but the risk the shareholders'.

I would wager that few of these people ever thought in terms of 'service' to the people, nation, or mankind... it was about control, profit, and expedience.

It's a shame they own the means to craft past reality for our children....

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well they definitely stifled potential economic growth as they would not allow for any competition, only with their cronies.

It started WELL before the federal reserve. Heck it started shortly after the first boat from Europe dropped anchor.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join