It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lizzie Velasquez dubbed the "World's ugliest woman" speaks out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Its diffiuclt to imagine that there are people, online or otherwise, who would insult or make jokes at this woman's expense.

Is there no limit, no line which people wont cross? Not because they are required to but simply out of common decency or decorum?

Listen to this woman speak and see her for how beautiful she really is.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Pieces put together. We're all just pieces put together.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Just goes to show you the mentality and ignorance of some people. Yeah, the girls not pretty, but she has a medical condition and seems like a very sweet person. Some people just can't see past appearance. My cousin was born with CP and people harass him constantly and call him retard and weird and things like that. If they would ever just take 10 minutes to get to know the guy they would find that he is anything but retarded and weird. He is one of the most intelligent, sane people I know, has a masters degree, and is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.
edit on 13-9-2012 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Honey Boo Boos mom is uglier.

For reals.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I don't understand why it is people feel the need to focus on the negative in everything. Common sense tells me it is the inability to deal with ones' own insecurities, but it is getting to the point where I have to question a persons sanity if they're terrorizing (omg, real use of the word.) people born under an unfortunate set of circumstances.

That woman is beautiful.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I wish I had half of her disease...
could change my name

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

She might not be "pretty" but sure as hell ain't ugly..Take a ride thru a trailer park in the mid-west or a ride down in the 'hood and you will truly see some ugly people..Or save the gas and go to ANY wal-mart..The wal-mart by my house reminds me of the bar from star wars every time i go in there

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankenchrist

so is that fat little hoglet...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

She might not be "pretty" but sure as hell ain't ugly..Take a ride thru a trailer park in the mid-west or a ride down in the 'hood and you will truly see some ugly people..Or save the gas and go to ANY wal-mart..The wal-mart by my house reminds me of the bar from star wars every time i go in there

naw just search ats for

worlds richest woman

then you will know ugly

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I've seen that walrus? you speak of..Someone needs to cut her twinke budget back to $2.00 a day..The only thing uglier than her appearance his her disgusting attitude
edit on 13-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Errr, I goto Walmart all the time.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I read about her on Yahoo this afternoon, and somebody had the gall to write in the comments section that all the "feel-good beauty-is-on-the-inside" junk is just bull, and he was sure if she had a choice she would rather be anybody else than herself, and he was so glad it was her that was diseased instead of him. He went on to say that she was "fugging ugly" and he would never do her.

Ugh....so hoping this gentleman doesn't pollute the gene pool. As if having people want to "do you" is the gold standard for beauty.

This story begs the question: What is beauty? As a culture, we have focused too much on the outside, and not enough on the inner beauty. I have known some women who aren't what our culture considers beautiful (or even cute), but their personality is so wonderful, so open, giving, and caring, that they become so much more gorgeous in my eyes.

This woman, to me, is beautiful. I see her soul, and cease to see the outside, which is just a vehicle to house the soul, anyway.

Sometimes, I wish the whole world would go blind, so that we stop being so focused on how stuff looks, and focus more on how stuff is.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
I don't understand why it is people feel the need to focus on the negative in everything. Common sense tells me it is the inability to deal with ones' own insecurities, but it is getting to the point where I have to question a persons sanity if they're terrorizing (omg, real use of the word.) people born under an unfortunate set of circumstances.

That woman is beautiful.

Peace.

People forget that the body is merely a vehicle to transport the mind from one experience to the next. I'm sure Lizzie laughs and cries and searches for good movies to watch, good things to eat... She's human and people need to recognize that in everyone.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Yeah.
She's going to have to fight Sarah Jessica Parker for the title of world's ugliest woman.
At least THIS woman has an excuse.

SJP looks like a horse.
A drunk horse.
in drag.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ugly is on the inside and she isn't ugly by any stretch of the imagination.
People can be such dicks...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

Yeah.
She's going to have to fight Sarah Jessica Parker for the title of world's ugliest woman.
At least THIS woman has an excuse.

SJP looks like a horse.
A drunk horse.
in drag.

...with a wart parked on her face and Madison Avenue parked up her bum.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised. I've seen uglier.

WAAAAY uglier.

new topics

top topics

join