It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Aid to Egypt will continue -- Pelosi: I Still Support

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well the White House now says the foreign aid to Egypt will not stop.

This was in response to some Congressmen proposing to slash the funding.

House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi concurs as usual.

The White House is flatly rejecting calls from House conservatives to halt U.S. aid to Egypt after a slow response from Cairo in rebuking violent attacks on the U.S. Embassy there Tuesday night.

A group of House conservatives, led by freshman Rep. Jeffrey M. Landry, Louisiana Republican, is calling for foreign aid to both Libya and Egypt to be stripped from a six-month federal funding bill up for a vote Thursday.

Egypt is second only to Israel in the amount of assistance it receives from the U.S., an estimated $2 billion a year, but the White House has no plans to curtail its investment there.

White House: Aid to Egypt will continue

During a press conference in the Capitol on Thursday, Nancy Pelosi said that she opposes efforts to end U.S. aid to Egypt.

"If they’re suggesting we should cut off assistance to Egypt," Pelosi said of some Republicans in Congress, "I don’t agree with that."...

Pelosi: I Still Support U.S. Aid to Egypt

Is their "Timing" good here?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Nothing says "I love you" like giving them money to continue attacks on us. Attack the US embassy they give money hey let's do it again. Did we expect anything different from this admin?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well....I disagree with the permanently startled lady. I think it's our tax money and we should be a little more frugal about who we choose to "aid" with it. If they don't want to protect our property that is within their borders...fine...we take our money and go home.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well this sort of seems like extortion at this point doesn't it.Send us money or things get worse and will cause even more problems. I believe this is how the mob started.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Campaigning in Golden, Colo., Thursday, Mr. Obama said the world is going through some “tumultuous times” but said America would stay true to its commitment to improving the plight of people around the world.

I suspect the Arab Spring Plight Improvement Fund is nowhere near tapped-out.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Does this really surprise anyone?

The Pelosi's of the country think they can buy votes as per the party platform with entiltement spending so it should come as no surprise that those same people think they can buy "friends" as in foreign aid.

There should be no foreign aid going to the likes of Libya,Yemen,Somalia,Pakistan,Iraq,Afhganistan,Egypt hell try to buy the friendship of Iran.

Some people have no damn clue and what was that about people love the US now that Bush is gone?

right.
edit on 13-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join