It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible OBE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hi,

I have had infrequent episodes of Sleep Paralysis for as long as I can remember with each episode normally not lasting more than a few minutes and always before I wake up. I have never experienced what some people have with the terrifying visions / feelings of some presence in the room.

Recently I had an episode in the morning before I woke up. I woke up feeling tired as it was a very busy week at work. In my lunch break at work I was reading a book when I felt myself nodding off to sleep so decided to have a quick nap.

During this time I can recall my manager and another member of staff entering the room and pointing out that I was asleep. I remember being stood next to them when they were talking and I could see myself asleep on the chair and they were not aware of me standing next to them. I do not recall the managers leaving the room.

Next I remember getting out of my chair and picking up my pen off the floor and putting it into my pocket. I then noticed that I was looking at my self again, still asleep in the chair. I then walked around the room for a while before waking up with sleep paralysis which lasted a few minutes.

I know for a fact that my managers never entered the room as they were on a conference call all morning and the other three staff in the office said nobody has left the managers office in the last hour. The managers would have also made fun of the fact that I fell asleep in work in the first place if they had known.

My question is was this actually an OBE or did I just dream the whole thing?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zepar

I know for a fact that my managers never entered the room as they were on a conference call all morning and the other three staff in the office said nobody has left the managers office in the last hour. The managers would have also made fun of the fact that I fell asleep in work in the first place if they had known.

My question is was this actually an OBE or did I just dream the whole thing?

Must have been a dream since you say you know the managers were on a conference call. In an OBE you would have seen things as they really happened, IMO.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
could be hypnagogic hallucinations caused by the SP.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hi. Thanks for replying.

I had a sneaking suspicion that it was a dream. I was kind of hoping it would be an OBE. Either way I enjoyed it and would like it to happen again. As I said in the OP, I have never had any bad episodes of sleep paralysis, I just wish I could have them more often. It felt so realistic.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Hi. Again, thanks for replying.

A simple Google search of "hypnagogic hallucinations" has given me lots of new information to read up on.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Hi.

Have you had the controll of this experience or was it kind of movie like scene ?

If you want to have OBE's you should not believe in Hypnogogic imageries. (it will happen unconsciously when you read about it).
Hypnogogic imagery isnt caused by Sleep Paralysis, it is caused by a deep state of relaxation.
This state of relaxation is actually the normal proccess of going to sleep. The process to going into sleep is
Relaxation, which is deepening, then your body needs to prevent you from moving while you are in the dream state.
Thats why you get paralysed. Its normal. It happens to everyone. If for some reason you get awake before your body does,then you get awareness of this paralysis, which is now called sleep paralysis.

So you have relaxation, paralysis, hypnagogic imagery (where your brain is preparing to go into dream state) and then there is your dreaming.
The OBE's happen in between Hypnagogic state and Dreams. This state is what you shall Seek.

All you need to do is to know about this, to close your eyes and to relax more and more. slovly. you will start to get vibrations, then the imagery will appear and then you should be prepared to leave your body. knowing that you are safe. dont think about what it can happen. you are perfectly safe.
(there is a reason why i dont want to write about "what if" or "whatnot" (in the means of danger) bcause you will uncosciously pick that up,
which in other turn will harden your sucess to obe)
edit on 15/9/2012 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

Hi.

Thanks for replying.

In my case I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not. The experience felt very real and more than just a dream. I can also remember it quite clearly where as I normally forget the contents of dreams, most of the time as soon as I wake up. It's hard to describe and choose the right words. I was certainly aware of what was happening, it felt like lucid dreaming but something more.

How easy is it to distinguish between an OBE and a lucid dream?

Would it be better to try to encourage sleep paralysis before I try to have an OBE?

Is there any way to "train" myself or any techniques that are known to work?

new topics

top topics

join