It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Well you know... Im kinda neutral on the whole religious thing but even I can see that there is an attack on Christianity in the US.
When theres an exhibit of Jesus getting pissed on its "art" and freedom of speech. Anytime there is something negative said about the Muslim religion, its sometimes considered a hate crime.
Seriously, a person cannot even create an image and label it Mohammed, without getting death threats and condemnation.

I guess you're referring to art works like 'piss Christ' but that's the thing ...

I wish they had the courage to keep this up in some ways: Draw Mohammad Day

It's like when Penn and Teller were asked why they never did a Muslim based episode of their skeptic series ... Penn is famous for saying ,'because I have a wife and kids' or something to this effect. Much like you say, it's because of the threats. It's not because of a double standard against Christianity. I really think Christianity should have a bit of pride about that over anything else and I'm certainly not Christian. I think it *is* a credit to the Christian faith that Chris Hitchens could walk the streets in the US. (He did get abuse sometimes)

Regarding hate crimes against Muslims, I'd suggest a good number of those are legitimate events in the US. I think there is still some friction there.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
www.scribd.com...

June 24, 2010: U.S.A. vs. Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (sentencing) Case 2:09-cr-00617-CAS Document 58 Filed 06/24/10 Page 1 of 6 Page ID #:291 United States District Court Central District of California UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs. NAKOULA BASSELEY NAKOULA Defendant Mark Basseley Youssef; Yousseff M. Basseley; akas: Nicola Bacily; Malid Ahlawi Docket No. CR09-617-CAS 7 7 4 ENTER Social Security No. 0 (Last 4 digits) JUDGMENT AND PROBATION/COMMITMENT ORDER MONTH DAY YEAR

And this judgement said he was not allowed to use fake names or even the internet. Why has he not been arrested for breaking his probation? Instead he has police protection at his home in California.

Does he fall into the class of James O'Keefe who was on probation and was able to leave the state he was on probbation in to trade water bongs(drug paraphernalia) at Occupy protest for interviews?
edit on 13-9-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Samuelis

We should just let all let the fanatic's fight it out, hopefully they will just cancel each other out. Leaving us behind to enjoy some god damn peace. Christian Vs Muslims

I think that has already happened during the crusades,

shhh Christians never did anything wrong only the Muslims can do wrong! How dare you sir bring up history?!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Some more articles on the story:
- US IDs man's role in anti-Muslim film
- Police protect suspected anti-Islam filmmaker

---

I think it was a disgrace what this filmmaker did and think it was especially unfair on the actors involved who had no idea about his true intentions when taking part.

On the other hand, however, and regardless of his motivations for making the film, the reaction from the small segment of Muslim extremists is nothing short of despicable and should not be excused or sympathised with.
edit on 13/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

If this was done intentionally to stir up a reaction (as I think it was) there is a problem. As always, follow the money and alot of anti muslim people are behind this. You do not have the freedom of speech to incite a riot as I think was intentionally done in this case with this film.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Staff & Crew were 'grossly misled'
"We are 100% not behind this film and were grossly misled about its intent and purpose," continued the statement, which was sent to CNN by a member of the production staff who asked not to be identified for security reasons. "We are shocked by the drastic rewrites of the script and lies that were told to all involved. We are deeply saddened by the tragedies that have occurred."
A casting call published in July 2011 in Backstage magazine and in other publications for actors identifies the working title of the movie as "Desert Warrior" and describes it as a "historical Arabian Desert adventure film."
An actress in the film who asked not to be identified said the original script did not include a Prophet Muhammed character. She added that she and other actors complained that their lines had been changed.
The actress said the character of Muhammed in the movie was identified as George when it was shot, and that she returned afterward and read other lines that may have been dubbed into the piece.

It is quite obvious what the intent of the filmmaker was. There was nothing "innocent" about it.
edit on 14-9-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
People are stupid no matter what their faith, and its their faith that makes them stupid, keeps them in ignorance.
Depictions of whatever you believe in is just that a depiction, you can hand draw Mohammed and cause offencse to someone, and until we get a photograph of either Mohammed or Jesus we will never know what they really looked like and are therefore depictions or charactisations.
And after all the hubbub has died down and people realise its not what they looked or look like, its what their original meanings or messages were about thats the most important..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

Two different issues that require two separate examinations.

Issue 1: Whether making an offensive work of art for questionable reasons, and employing devious methods to do so, should be acceptable.

Issue 2: Whether the creation of a work of art warrants the use of physical violence and psychological intimidation in retaliation by those offended by it.

My answer to both would be "No". Just because one issue is wrong, it does not make the second one acceptable.

edit on 14/9/2012 by Dark Ghost because: clarity

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Yeah, piss christ as well as it's creator find more wrath outside of the u.s. I believe one of the big original prints was destroyed or damaged a few years back in an art attack. I personally think the piece is kind of beautiful and not because I like shocking art, it's a nice piece. I bet a christian would hang it on their wall if they didn't know the title.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I actually highly doubt this work was the cause of the riots, and if it was someone was pushing it...but I really don't think it was the cause. It started riots in 3 (eventually 4) seperate counntries at the same time and wasn't even really that viral. I mean, how many people even have access to it in libya and yemen right now? Both countries that have had war this year?

Here is what makes it fishy. In the last four years the governments that have toppled were yemen, libya, tunisia, and egypt. Then those same four countries almost simultaneously rush their american embassy's and its because... an anti islam video?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kamza
if you believed this wholeheartedly, would you not be offended if someone tried to ridicule him? If you are a Man of subtance then you would stick up for what you believe...
It's one thing to be offended. It's something else to commit violent acts up to and including killing other people when you're offended.

Your post may offend some people, but they don't have the right to kill you because of that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
You know what makes NO SENSE to me,

The fact that you have a known con artist, who just happens to be a Coptic Christian, yet does not practice his faith as the local pastors of his faith can affirm. He was always absent and was not even a member of his church community in a passive way

. He has a long criminal record showing his LA " I am so smart and will screw people" over mentality. He does not attend his faiths masses or practice in any way. He was in huge financial problems and had one foot in jail. Yet he ventures into free YouTube production with allot of money spent in studio time, equipment and crew....

Then he suddenly goes on an incendiary rampage in something he has no experience in. He got help somewhere in editing this garbage since the actors say they were misrepresented and their words in the English translation as well as the film itself. They say they were mislead and paid with 20´s out of this guys wallet...in typical con man style.

Then he hides his identity with one of his aliases so he can't even profit from it indirectly in the off chance it goes viral.

There are so many plot holes to this whole story that I can't help but think he was approached with an offer he couldn't refuse. Take credit for this crappy film we will help you make and we will make your financial and legal problems go away. Play the concerned radical Christian and blame the Jews so the Muslims start another holy war....

This is so full of BS I can start an organic garden and have fertilizer to spread over 100 acres of it.

LIES.

www.businessinsider.com...

www.christianpost.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

He has a checkered past with the law

Nakoula was has a history of "check-kiting" — whereby you remove money from a bank account before the bank realizes it is fraud. In 2010 he was forced to pay $790,000 in fines for federal bank fraud and sentenced to 21 months in prison. The Federal Bureau of Prison's show he was released in June 2011.

Nakoula's criminal history goes further than that, however. In 1997 he was charged with intent to manufacture methamphetamine and was sentenced to jail, the Daily Beast reports. He violated probation in 2002 and was forced to return to jail.

He has also had a series of financial problems.

Red flags included (but were not limited to): the shoddy television studio that we were told was lent to us by an Egyptian Christian media group, payments issued by personal checks and $20 bills straight from the producer's wallet (he introduced himself under the pseudonym,"Sam", though the name on the check was much different), and, ultimately, the absence of an official script.

He's a Coptic Christian

Despite the fact that "Sam Bacile" claimed to be an "Israeli Jew", Nakoula is — by multiple accounts including his own — a Coptic Christian.

one pastor Business Insider said he knew Nakoula but that he only attended services "infrequently".

The creator of the film is reportedly already in hiding and anticipated the backlash that his film would cause. The California-based filmmaker, during a phone call from an undisclosed location, told reporters that Islam is a cancer and that its flawed principals need to be exposed.

EDIT:
Oh how do you go into hiding BEFORE your dumb little YouTube video makes it viral....like some amateur film maker and profesional con man would suddenly freak out after releasing his dumb film for free on YouTube amongst millions of other similar ones...
This shows he was told from the get go it was to be used for spoon feeding Muslims hate filled rhetoric by TPTB to make them go ape. That is HUGE. He was already in hiding.....HELLO!

edit on 14-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

"Despite the fact that "Sam Bacile" claimed to be an "Israeli Jew", Nakoula is — by multiple accounts including his own — a Coptic Christian."

Sam Bacile? Im Becile more like, obviously just trolling Islam trying to either get noteriety or attention, but all its doing is getting people killed and injured.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

yet he hid his identity, forfeited all money he could make by doing it on YouTube and just assumed all the expenses, while in financial trouble......for what...his nonexistent faith?

This is a bad guy to choose to frame the situation...lazy home work on the part of the conspirators. They went with an easy fix....dumb...

this has no MO

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
There indeed should be investigation ,and it has nothing to do with freedom of speech. This thing looks like a deliberate and planned provokation with single result. There is no way that attacks on 9/11 on US diplomatic missions in several locations in the states in which US helped to create a democratic government are a coincidence.
And i am not saying that the person mentioned planned it or even concidered that this is the goal of the "movie" and more important its schedule, but he could know those that did.
Listen, even after someone claimed that it is created by Israeli and 100 Jews paid for it - nobody protested against Israeli diplomatic missions - and those are the same people that instantly believe in Mossad sharks, birds spying for Israel and check for evil murderous Zionist under their bed after each tiny accident and other nonsense. But in this case no attention was given to it, the protests continued to be only against US even before finding out that Israeli American Sam Bacile and 100 Jews are a lie.
You do not think this looks weird? US are completely correct in their decision to investigate it. Looks like a set up.

edit on 14-9-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Pinke

Yeah, piss christ as well as it's creator find more wrath outside of the u.s. I believe one of the big original prints was destroyed or damaged a few years back in an art attack.

Yes, I just looked it up! Unfortunately Serrano's original photograph was destroyed by a Christian in France. It was also attacked once in Australia, and by Neo Nazis in Sweden. It's quite sad and an interesting case of art mimicking reality.

While the original purpose was a bit different, I truly feel the vandals only further legitimized the work. Oh to have a time machine to find Jesus and see what he would think of such things or if he would even care.

I don't believe Jesus was too fond of idols or relics.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

My question is.. Why would there even be an investigation?

Seriously. The only thing he might have done wrong is that he MIGHT have 'mislead' people into making the movie. MAYBE. I am not convinced that he mislead anyone. I'm thinking those 'actors' got scared and are now trying to save their necks by claiming 'I was mislead'. If he really mislead people there might be a case in court for fraud or something .... but other than that, the guy has a right to his opinion and to speak as he wishes on the subject.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Really? so what next, the arse kissing US government that is actually supposedly fighting terrorism in Arabs lands at the expenses of the blood of American soldiers and "Muslim civilians" is going to play hero and hang him publicly?.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
These religiously fanatical "Muslims" who did the riots.......they werent erhaps in the employ of uncle sam were they?
This is an ideal flag waver for the typical yankees who will be incensed about it all because they helped "free"Libya.....yeah right, and i have a bridge for sale...anyone interested?
Obviously too convenient for the war mongers aint it?

Religious fanaticals did riots?

Well, dear one, according the British journalist who was kidnapped recently by them, they didn't seem to speak Syrian, for example, but foreign languages and some had British Accents!

Why? Well, they've been going into relatively stable countries and cutting the heads of children and impaling them and in Libya they did this to the other ethnic groups there as well, and then suddenly Brotherhood type Sharia is implemented and women not in burqa's suddenly are being pushed into them?

Note how they treat women is the canary in the mine! You can judge their relative freedom and how progressive their country is by that!

The Brotherhood and the CIA work together AND this is a NWO plan and our leaders, and black ops are bloody demons.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So the back stabbers to freedom, politicians here actually endangered a life by revealing his name? And they knew this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join