It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

U.S. identifies anti-Muslim filmmaker

www.usatoday.com

The official said authorities had concluded that Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55, was behind "Innocence of Muslims," a film that denigrated Islam and the prophet Muhammad and sparked protests earlier this week in Egypt, Libya and most recently in Yemen. It was not immediately clear whether Nakoula was the target of a criminal investigation or part of the broader investigation into the deaths of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Libya during a terrorist atta
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My question is.. Why would there even be an investigation?
The short movie was a parody, kind of like Borat. He didnt break any laws, he didnt incite hate or call for the killing of muslims.
Yea it was a stupid clip and I guess in poor taste but you cant hold this guy (if hes really the guy) responsible for the ignorant killing rampage that these fanatics went on.

www.usatoday.com

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I thought Grand Theft Auto was awesome.
But I never stole a car or went on any rampages in real life.

Has anyone ever turned on the tube and watched network TV?
Most of the stuff I see on there nowadays is highly questionable and unethical, and this is coming from a virtual car jacking serial killer.

I found the secret weapon.
The "OFF" button on the remote.
edit on 13-9-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Do you find it odd that at first this was related to US, but then it turns out he's an Egyptian Coptic christian while Obama is saying Egypt isn't really an ally, while they(Egypt) have a bunch of their armor and troops sitting near their border, as I understand near Israel??

Don't know if it means anything at all, but it's where my mind went.

From OP's link:

The AP located the man calling himself Bacile after obtaining his cellphone number from Morris Sadek, a conservative Coptic Christian in the U.S. who has promoted the anti-Muslim film in recent days on his website. Egypt's Christian Coptic populace has long decried what they describe as a history of discrimination and occasional violence from the country's Muslim majority.

see what I mean? Are they just begging for MORE trouble??

edit on 9/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's a film for chirsts sake!
It's free speech.

Of course,thats only here in America,well supposedly.
That film was used as an excuse and cover for those attacks.

I honestly have to ask,if any other religion out there was made fun of and ridiculed,would those people who follow that faith go out killing and rioting?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I may disagree with what you say but i will die for your right to say it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Do you find it odd that at first this was related to US, but then it turns out he's an Egyptian Coptic christian while Obama is saying Egypt isn't really an ally, while they(Egypt) have a bunch of their armor and troops sitting near their border, as I understand near Israel??

Don't know if it means anything at all, but it's where my mind went.

What I find odd is that this video was released on 9/11 and that this attack is now said to have been a pre-planned, coordinated attack.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Here is what I find interesting about this little release of information by an 'insider who must remain anonymous because he/she is not supposed to talk about the investigation of an on going case"....

I did a little google search on this guy and oddly enough after going through 3 pages of results on just his name, he does not show up on any results going back any further than 22 hours ago. Interstesting because this guy supposedly had some serious charges back in 2009 in a frederal bank fraud case.

So I did a google search on his name adding bank fraud case.... again, in 3 pages nothing any older than 22 hours ago. Adding 2009 and then again California both resulted in the same. This guy's name appears nowhere except in new internet postings going back 22 hours.

I would think that with a federal case such as his there would be some article that would show up even if it was from some little local Califonia news rag. Perhaps my Googling skills are rusty or something. LOL

So yeah, I'm not totally buying into this one just yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
He didnt break any laws, he didnt incite hate or call for the killing

We should just let all let the fanatic's fight it out, hopefully they will just cancel each other out. Leaving us behind to enjoy some god damn peace. Christian Vs Muslims with the winner up against the Jews. Then a Jew Vs Athiest grand final. It's the only way to put an end to god and his trickery.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Keep in mind people they might be in contact with this guy to arrange some sort of protection for him. Im sure there are groups out there that have already said they want him dead over this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis

He didnt break any laws, he didnt incite hate or call for the killing

We should just let all let the fanatic's fight it out, hopefully they will just cancel each other out. Leaving us behind to enjoy some god damn peace. Christian Vs Muslims with the winner up against the Jews. Then a Jew Vs Athiest grand final. It's the only way to put an end to god and his trickery.

Kind of why I left religion behind many years ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I honestly have to ask,if any other religion out there was made fun of and ridiculed,would those people who follow that faith go out killing and rioting?
reply to post by kdog1982

They already have been made fun of, with the movie called "Religulous" with Bill Maher.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

We should just let all let the fanatic's fight it out, hopefully they will just cancel each other out. Leaving us behind to enjoy some god damn peace. Christian Vs Muslims

I think that has already happened during the crusades,

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My question is.. Why would there even be an investigation?
The short movie was a parody, kind of like Borat. He didnt break any laws, he didnt incite hate or call for the killing of muslims.
Yea it was a stupid clip and I guess in poor taste but you cant hold this guy (if hes really the guy) responsible for the ignorant killing rampage that these fanatics went on.

www.usatoday.com

He lied to those taking part in the movie and manipulated them into being preachers of hatred for his own propaganda goals. He's a fraud, and potentially a religious extremist intending to cause massive harm through deliberate insult.

I agree that NOTHING excuses what those attackers have done, but this guy is not an innocent film-maker exercising his rights to freedom of speech. He's a hate monger, fraudulently duping others into creating something hateful that has put their lives at risk and potentially ended their careers.

I hope the actors and crew who were conned into creating this piece of bile sue him for everything he has, at the very least!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

reply to post by kdog1982

They already have been made fun of, with the movie called "Religulous" with Bill Maher.

Oh,I have seen that and well aware of it.
Did any Christians go out and riot in Hollywood?
I think you know the answer to that question.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well you know... Im kinda neutral on the whole religious thing but even I can see that there is an attack on Christianity in the US.
When theres an exhibit of Jesus getting pissed on its "art" and freedom of speech. Anytime there is something negative said about the Muslim religion, its sometimes considered a hate crime.
Seriously, a person cannot even create an image and label it Mohammed, without getting death threats and condemnation.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It seems people have lost all sense of what it means to revere and respect something. Especially when that something is held in high regard by a large proportion of the global community. In Aleistair Crowley's satanic book the Thelema he writes "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law". Essentially meaning that do whatever you want and don't care about the repurcussions, don't care about who you offend, don't care what anyone thinks, as long as it feels good then 'just do it'.

Freedom today has been used too nonchanantl, giving people the 'justification' to do whatever they wish without any sense of what is right or wrong, good or bad. Was is not the U.S army that recently legalised beastiality? (that's sex with animals btw)...

This 'freedom' practised in many western and european countries is in complete agreement with satanism. Do what thou wilt is what it means to be a practising satanist and well this is how most the people are behaving most of the time. This crude video, clearly aimed at demeaning the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and Islam, should be viewed as an abhorrent attemt to incite hatred and violence. Just because the Christians and Jews have lost all self-respect, does not mean that Muslim's should be looked down upon for sticking up for what they love most.

If someone ridiculed your mother or father in the worst of ways, would you simply say 'thanks for your opinion' or would you be a Man and give a harsh response and honour your parents? Now if you believe in the Prophet of God... that he came and struggled to pass on the truth to us... if you believed this wholeheartedly, would you not be offended if someone tried to ridicule him? If you are a Man of subtance then you would stick up for what you believe...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
These religiously fanatical "Muslims" who did the riots.......they werent erhaps in the employ of uncle sam were they?
This is an ideal flag waver for the typical yankees who will be incensed about it all because they helped "free"Libya.....yeah right, and i have a bridge for sale...anyone interested?
Obviously too convenient for the war mongers aint it?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Another psy op success for the satanic order.

Religion is just another tool used to manipulate events in their favor, or we can believe that it was all just another coincidence with dates and numbers lol lol lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is were it starts ,in my opinion.

He said he was motivated by reports of the movie mocking the prophet Muhammad. “We cannot accept any insult to our prophet,” Mutawa said. “It’s a red line.”

www.washingtonpost.com... y.html

A red line,where have I heard that before.Hmm.

Then there is the State Department ,Hillary Clinton ,with this comment...

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton took strong steps Thursday to distance the U.S. government from the movie, calling the film “disgusting and reprehensible” but also condemning the violence in response to it. “The U.S. government has absolutely nothing to do with this video. We absolutely reject its content and messages,” Clinton said. “But there is no justification — none at all — for responding to this video with violence.”

same source and article.

www.thereligionofpeace.com...

But it's ok to kill and torture christians,not that I am one.

Why is our government apologizing for a film.

Why is our government denouncing free speech?

It seems we will bend over backwards and give them all the money they need ,for what purpose?

We need our money here,to fix our infrastructure,to help our own.
What happened to take care of your own first.
If they don't appreciate our help,pull out,don't apologize for the way we live as a free society.
edit on 13-9-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join