It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Pursuit of God" by AW Tozer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"Paul took up the cry of liberty and declared all meats clean, every day holy, all places sacred and every act acceptable to God. The sacredness of times and places, a half-light necessary to the education of the race, passed away before the full sun of spiritual worship."

Currently looking for comments to this paragraph preferably backed up by scripture. Reading through the NT I remember a passage about the clean meats but I do not remember reading about the latter parts.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I Cor. 10:31

"do all to the glory of God" that's the meaning.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

"Paul took up the cry of liberty and declared all meats clean

One of the few things he echoed from Jesus' teachings

all places sacred and every act acceptable to God.

Every act?

Would you mind showing that verse, i don't believe he said that...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

A quick Google search showed me this, which I think might be of value to ATSers:

In light of our Scripture passage we see Moses having an encounter with God at the “burning bush” on Mt. Horeb. It was at this place God advised Moses to remove his shoes since he was standing on holy ground. ”Now”, you may ask, “why would God need Moses to take off his shoes? Would it really matter if Moses was shod or not?” I believe that Moses’ shoes represented the pretense of status (most folk barefooted it back then), the “security” of man-made protection, and being disconnected from the energy emanating from the Earth-in this case, God’s Energy. Moses had to “expose” a very needed and vulnerable part of himself, as well as become humble before the presence of the Divine. After which, Moses was able to connect with God.

The paragraph OP gives us came from the book "Born To Run," in which 'living barefoot' is discussed. That was the whole meaning of OP's quoted line.

Edit: Corinthians 10:23-33

23 “Everything is permissible”–but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible”–but not everything is constructive. 24 Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. 25 Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26 for, “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it.” 27 If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if anyone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience’ sake– 29 the other man’s conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another’s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for? 31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God– 33 even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

It appears to be paraphrased, but I like what it says. According to these lines, nearly every Christian has fallen astray.
edit on 13-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"Paul took up the cry of liberty and declared all meats clean, every day holy, all places sacred and every act acceptable to God. The sacredness of times and places, a half-light necessary to the education of the race, passed away before the full sun of spiritual worship."

Currently looking for comments to this paragraph preferably backed up by scripture. Reading through the NT I remember a passage about the clean meats but I do not remember reading about the latter parts.

ok so first of all this is not scripture it comes from a book..... From A.W. Tozer’s The Pursuit of God ....which I assume is a non inspired book. it probably has its basis in scripture but its spirit is not of paul....I don't think he would say all this....

join