It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower told to shut up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Great post I totally agree. There is a global banking cartel which control the economy of each country through their respective central banks. But my question is a bit more specific than that. I just really want to know why the AUD always sits to closely to the USD, especially when taking into consideration inflation and other factors.

reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

The facts are that the CPI is so flawed that it doesn't really reflect real inflation. If you want to see the real inflation rate visit Shadowstats.com and read John William's primer on the CPI how it is a worthless indicator of inflation today.
I knew someone was going to point this out... but really it's not very relevant. I chose 2% because it's a nice clean conservative figure often quoted as the official figure. It doesn't matter whether it's a bit higher or a bit lower, the point is it's still enough to cause serious inflation over long periods of time. I mean 2% a year doesn't really sound like much does it... but let that rate of inflation run over a course of 10 years and you have a 20% loss in value. That's huge. In only ten years. At that rate it would only take 50 years before the dollar loses 99% of it's value.

reply to post by mbkennel

I remember that when I was in the Lucky Country in the early 2000's, the Aussie was about 65 cents, and prices in AUD were pretty reasonable.

Now, AUD is equal to USD and prices in AUD have skyrocketed.
Sure back in the 2000's our dollar wasn't so close... but it was around that time when that gap really started to close. For at least the last half a dozen years the USD and AUD have always been very close. I've been selling and buying on eBay for at least half a dozen years and I know my USD conversation rates. Some times the AUD is higher than the USD but mostly the USD is slightly higher than the AUD. But there's never a notable gap between them, it's essentially like they are the same currency most of the time. But what I really don't understand is how that gap remains small even over long periods of time, they still stick together.
edit on 15/9/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
In each case, they are not accountable tot he populations they serve. That unaccountability was the cause for the "outrage" over Iceland "making" them accountable despite their government's acquiescence to the global banking cartel.

I wish that the US populace would develop the same backbone that the icelanders have

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by comfortablynumb
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Yeah, I know what you mean mate. Years ago it was an employees market, in that you could get a job whenever you liked. You could leave one job on a Friday and be in a new on the next Monday.

Now? Now it's an employers market and they have all the power. They know it's hard to get work elsewhere, so you should just be happy where you are and if you don't like something, you best shut up. In fact, stress leave is only a new thing...why? I would say because it's such a dominant employer market that we, one, feel trapped, knowing it's so hard to get work elsewhere and two, get pushed so hard by employers with overloading of work and not to mention managers who really shouldn't be managers, making inane requests of their staff with the knowledge that it's so hard to get another job.

Though, good luck taking stress leave. With stress leave, just like whistleblowing, you're ostracised from there on in, and not just in your current job, but in future jobs.

We live in a sick world.

Then you've got that giant waste of skin saying you folks down under need to work for ten dollars a day or something.

When I read her comments I was amazed, I would guess she must have very good security the way she talks, especially with how desperate so many people are these days.

Billionaires, what can you do?
edit on 15-9-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join