It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshiping The Dark (A Rant against The Light)...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don't worship light, I don't worship dark, I don't worship anyone.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Reflected

You do not think thoughts anymore than you can put a cloud in the sky. You are the sky that contains the cloud that appears. A thought is like a cloud but you are the space like the sky that allows a cloud to appear, you do not put it there but you can watch it pass.

Things don't just 'happen' (well yeah some things do), but somethings take thought, ingenuity effort and process. Such as the recent probe we sent to Mars, that didn't just 'happen', and saying it did is an insult to those who willingly with their own thoughts put a chunk of their lives and effort into MAKING it happen.

So your right, thinking comes from within me, it's part of being alive, I am alive and thinking comes from inside me, from my brain in fact, in my skull, I control my thoughts, although granted random thoughts do happen and my thoughts can be influenced by the world around me (we are complicated beings after all).

You do realise clouds don't just appear right? there is a whole complex chain of events that cause them to form? We could probably recreate clouds with science on a small scale (in fact I'm pretty sure I have seen it)

In a way yes I am the sky (and the universe), mostly because I am made from it. I see reflected light that enters my eyes and is put together in my brain.

Anyway I am the seer, knower and thinker of thoughts arising, you limit yourself, you can carry on living your life floating on your back on the tide of life and just see where it goes (watch out for sharks and whirlpools). Me? I'm swimming to shore and going to make boat and hopefully bring some friends with me for the ride

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Awesome take on the subject, this will bring out the actual
narrow-mindedness of many who claim to be "awakened".
S&F!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The light that you are seeing presently comes in many forms - it may appear as a thought. The form that light takes on is experienced. You are what experiences the light that appears as many forms.
You are the no thing (formless) that knows 'things' (form).
If you think you are a thing you will be controlled by things. Only when you realize that you are no thing will you know peace.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
S&F!

Would you know who is and who isn't and on what authority?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I see there is no reasoning with you, you think you are right, but what have you done to progress humanity except for say "you are no-thing that knows some-thing"

So... essentially you think you are enlightened? How do you know you are right?

What happens to people who have devoted themselves to the betterment of man-kind? are you saying they are blind or foolish because they have tried to change things with action instead of just saying "Hey, starving people in Africa, you know you did this yourselves by not realising you are a formless entity that doesn't think and just knows". Are their efforts for nothing...
When someone goes to India to teach children in a slum and brings them food and water, which brings smiles to their faces, they are wrong? Because they should of told them "You're in this situation because you don't realise you are no-thing?"

I am telling you the Red Cross worker volunteering in Syria is more holy than a priest, because life isn't black and white, there isn't a light path and a dark path. I am not saying I am enlightened, for me it's just a fact.

I do believe the human brain is amazing and is capable of some remarkable things - the placebo effect for example ( or it's opposite the nocebo effect)

In the words of Bill and Ted we should "be awesome to each other" which means helping people out, or at least not making people suffer.

I am wondering if you can prove your outlandish claims? You provide me with a tremendous claim backed up with nothing. What has your theory done for you? Can you do anything extraordinary? or are you just one person who thinks they have cracked it and now convinced themselves of that? What have you done for the world except have an idea which you now believe as fact, and whats more talk about it as if it is truth and provide not a strand of evidence?

Do or say something to convince me...

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
S&F!

Would you know who is and who isn't and on what authority?

How can he know, he only thinks he knows according to your philosophy lol.

In the real world though, I'm sure someone who is 'awakened' would be far more convincing that anything I am yet to see, I mean even Jesus (if there was such a man) did extraordinary things in front of people.
Buddha managed to convince people and got a following.
Who have you convinced?

edit on 14-9-2012 by Reflected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

How would we know light without dark? A wave in the water is not its crest, yet not its nadir, though the wave depends on both the crest and nadir to exist. In blindness we see, with vision we do not see.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Only stated "many who CLAIM to be", never said that I KNOW,
but sometimes the obvious answer just presents itself right away.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

What tremendous, outlandish claims have i made?

I can only tell you of what is known here, i cannot tell you what is right. I found i was no thing when i looked directly at myself, life now appears in peace.

edit on 14-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A LOT of what Itisnowagain says makes sense...

The Strength of Stillness

Silence is all,...

Silence is all, say the sages.
Silence watches the work of the ages;
In the book of Silence the cosmic Scribe has written his cosmic pages;
Silence is all, say the sages.

What then of the word, O speaker?
What then of the thought, O thinker?
Thought is the wine of the soul and the word is the beaker;
Life is the banquet-table - the soul of the sage is the drinker.

What of the wine, O mortal?
I am drunk with the wine as I sit at Wisdom's portal,
Waiting for the Light beyond thought and the Word immortal.
Long I sit in vain at Wisdom's portal.

How shalt thou know the Word when it comes, O seeker?
How shalt thou know the Light when it breaks, O witness?
I shall hear the voice of the God within me and grow wiser and meeker;
I shall be the tree that takes in the light as its food, I shall drink its nectar of sweetness.

Sri Aurobindo (14/01/1946)

edit on 14-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Don't worship the dark, know yourself to be the dark.
In and on the darknes - light is seen.
The screen of awareness is empty and void of appearances.
The appearances appear and are seen and known and the screen is forgotton.
Remember the screen and know yourself to be the still, silent emptiness, the screen on which existence appears to exist..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Your claim:
We are no-thing experiencing some-thing - prove it.

If you found this out by looking in a mirror, I would suggest looking again because I am without a doubt responding to something that thinks, and that something is you.

"life appears in peace" If you knew the processes which had to happen in order for life to start you would understand it was anything but peaceful, to have life you have to have a universe, to have that we needed a cataclysmic event which is still in motion today.

We evolved though natural selection a rather nasty process when you look at it, the weak die, the strong continue. We are what we are because we rose to the top of the food chain and chowed down on our 'cooked' prize kills in the process.

In fact cooking the food is arguably why we evolved to have the brain we have, the heating process allowed the food to be more quickly broken down creating excess energy which theoretically allowed the brain to develop further. As we evolved we killed our competition by becoming smarter than them, including other hominids.

Our brains - the thing allowing you come up with your 'no-thing' pseudo science - are anything but structured and harmonious.

Imagine (if you can) a tent, that represents the lower brain - Our foundations.
Now in this point in our evolution that tent is a mansion, only... the tent is still there, we have built our mansion over the tent and connected to the tent bit by bit with no real structure, nothing has been destroyed only added on to.

I hope we are at a state now where can can exist without destruction, it is a choice... A thinking choice made by you.

Everything you said has no scientific merit.

What has your new found understanding done for you really, you will not be sad when your parents die? How will you provide for your family and continue the species with this understanding? How will your so called understanding do anything?

Lets say I discover the same, what do I do now? let the world rot while i exist in my bubble of 'knowing' myself?

I would rather suffer with the rest and try and make a difference.

I post an awful lot more than you answer by the way, and not addressing the things I have raised is actually a bit ignorant.

Originally posted by D1ss1dent

A LOT of what Itisnowagain says makes sense...

The Strength of Stillness

edit on 14-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

Something making sense doesn't make it true...

It makes sense to me which is why I can dispute it, perfect sense, but it is not correct. Don't misunderstand sense and truth, it use to make sense to people we were the center of the universe, but that wasn't true.

Tell me do you see sense in what I am saying?

Also you can't post a poem as evidence, poems deal with inner feelings and emotions, I am not saying that he can't feel that way, you can feel a lot of ways rightly or wrongly. You might get angry over something trivial, it does not make the emotion correct.

Just want to add, it is easier to understand a belief than it is to work out the truth using science, anyone can believe anything, they can convince themselves of it, but it takes more effort to actually learn stuff with our brains, be inventive and scientifically exam ourselves and the world objectively (or as objectively as possible)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

All you write and believe is the story that makes life feel bad if you believe it. It is just words appearing in what never appears or disappears.
I am not a story and life is not a story - it is being, timeless being.
I know that what this is - is etenal and i am that.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You give the brain (thought) too much importance.
What i speak of is before the mind, it knows the mind. The mind is an appearance. The mind is nothing but a thought arising presently. No one has ever seen a mind, no one has experienced anything except a thought appearing.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Are you trying to say that nothing matters? Because that's a load of bull.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You are nothing and you appear to matter. So yes - nothing is mattering.
Emptiness is forming.

The no thing sees the some thing.
The void is big banging.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

All I write and believe does not make life feel bad, I am not unhappy in my life, I enjoy my life, it has ups and yeah it has downs, but it's all good - for me human achievement and science is exciting.

What I believe is not just words it's observation of the world, proven scientific methods, which have allow you to have a roof over your head, clean water in your taps, your computer which you are using now, the electricity which is powering it and probably the meal you will eat later (or at least cook it).

Are you saying William Gilbert wasted his time discovering electricity?

I'm not a story either, nor is life a story, it's real (whatever you define as real), to do things, think things, create things and progress with one another and then pass it all on to our kids, we are built and hardwired for it.

Thought and mind are all in the brain, sorry to break it to you

Mind = The element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought.

Thought = An idea or opinion produced by thinking or occurring suddenly in the mind

You are both and more.

Trust me if you removed part of the brain, you mind wouldn't be the same.

One last question, what made you so special to think you were worthy of knowing what you think you know? actually what makes any one here looking for enlightenment worthy of it?

If anyone is worthy of 'hidden' knowledge or enlightenment it's the doctors saving peoples lives, not people discussing it while doing # all except trying to meditate to enlighten themselves.

If there was a God and he shone his 'light' upon people like itisnowagain and not on people risking their lives to help others, those spending years in medical school to save lives as doctors and nurses then I would punch God in his metaphorical face

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The belief that you have to be worthy is what makes life hurt. You believe that some are worthy but not I. Trying to do the right thing, trying to get it right. Fear and desire are the condition of the human. This is caused by a case of misidentification.
How do you prove your worth?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The belief that you have to be worthy is what makes life hurt. Fear and desire are the condition of the human. This is caused by a case of misidentification.
How do you prove your worth?

Doesn't hurt me, I'm not worthy, don't give a #, I don't harm anyone and I pay taxes.

Going to go home tonight, have a beer, chill out with my wife and daughter and step son and probably do some reading.

Sitting around doing nothing but mooching off everything = Not Worthy

Expecting hand outs = Not Worthy.

Causing upset to people for no real reason = Not Worthy.

And a whole grey area inbetween...

Saving lives, bettering humanity = Worthy.

Anyway good luck, I'm sorry your life made you so sad before you decided to opt in to escapism.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Are you looking for enlightenment?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join