It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshiping The Dark (A Rant against The Light)...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

All "things" are matter or light (energy), the "formless" is the darkness or the space.

What do YOU think the light and darkness is? I'm interested in hearing your perspective of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We cannot worship the dark, we become the dark.

We cannot worship the light, we become the light.

Through nothingness comes the big bang of light ( Through silence action arises)

Be it light or dark, life in its totality is harmonious with being in either or both.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Gnobody

How do you erase a fear of something you don't know about?

In my opinion, by the following;

By asking yourself, why does it scare me?' What is this something? Where does this something come from?

By observeing that 'something', studying it, and trying to comprehend it, through prayer (asking for help in understanding) and meditation.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

What if it's fear of the unknown?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Gnobody

All "things" are matter or light (energy), the "formless" is the darkness or the space.

What do YOU think the light and darkness is? I'm interested in hearing your perspective of it.

I am not a scientist, but my understanding is this;

Physically speaking, energy is unmanifested matter and matter is manifested energy. Light is a manifestation of energy, and light is energy. Light is matter (photons) and energy at the same time.

Darkness is simply the absence of light, the same as cold is the absence of heat. You make something dark by removing the light, you can't put darkness into something, the same as you can't make something cold by giving it cold.

Spiritually speaking, and in my opinion, I feel the same, the darkness is the absence of light, 'evil' is the absence of 'good'. There is no 'evil', just the absence of 'God' or 'good'.

The 'absolute', 'highest heaven' or 'source' is a place/dimension of pure energy (light), a conscious, intellegent energy.

This energy (light) manifests as it 'descends' into the lower (darkness) dimensions or worlds until it arrives here in the physical world, here the matter is at it's most dense and in the form we are all familiar with.

We need knowledge and comprehension of the light and the dark to help us return to the 'source' or 'God'.

It's hard for me to explain in a paragraph or a few sentances my belief, but the above is basically what I think of it.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Gnobody

What if it's fear of the unknown?

Fear is fear, once the ego of fear is erased you will not fear the unknown.

However, I understand what you are asking/saying, how can you study something that is unknown?

Well, you would have to study yourself, what is it about the unknown that scares you? Once you discover that, you can study that and try to comprehend it, then work towards its destruction/death.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnobody

Overcoming fear of the unknown is like preparing for something you don't know is coming...in case that analogy isn't perfectly obvious, how do you prepare for something you don't know you should be prepared for? If you don't know it's coming, you wouldn't even consider being prepared.

If you don't know what it is you fear, how do you overcome it? The best way to handle fear is 'mano y mano', but you can't stand up to something that you don't recognize in your mind, right?
edit on 13-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Gnobody

Overcoming fear of the unknown is like preparing for something you don't know is coming...

It can seem like that, but if we try to understand why we fear the unknown, we can make progress in defeating this fear.

So, why do we fear the unknown?

Because we feel we will not be in control. We don't know what will happen. We feel we are not prepared, or that we will be surprised and wont have time to react or deal with whatever occurs.

We feel all this and more which is why we fear the unknown, once we can understand why we feel these things and overcome them, then the fear of the unknown will not scare us.

I'm not saying it's easy, its very hard and even scary to confront ourselves and our fear, but in my opinion this is how we can bring death to the ego of fear.

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Ok... It's time for an interlude.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Gnobody

There is the beginning (Empty Space /Darkness) and the end (What appears / Light / Matter).

You don't have to stay in the "middle" and doing so does not make anything any less true or false...

In my mind, it makes more sense to return to The Source (Emptiness/Space/Darkness) but that is my opinion - you can choose differently...

Light is the result - what was born from the darkness (space) it is just the "result' the "left-over", eventually all will return home...

It's all futile. Believing your being is a result of making sense of light and dark, beginnings and endings, mental effort. Delusional.. but you have determined correctly, without effect to what is real. Reality persists.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
For a website that has strict references and rules regarding the discussion of drugs... there sure are a lot of members here who seem to "partake"

Why do you think some of us say the things we do?

We know the crowd.

Gotta go to work. Talk to you later.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You were right... it was a rant.

Go live in underground for two years without light and see what happens to you. I get the feeling the light thats missing is in your mind and definitely in your soul.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Something... something... something... dark side....
Something... something... something... complete...

Seriously get a grip. The only thing that matters is how your actions effect others... Tell you what mate go outside (if it's day time - scary i know with all that light around), take a deep breath, look at all the lovely things the physical sun illuminates, go back inside, splash some water on your face use the toilet if you need to and get real

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reflected
reply to post by arpgme

Seriously get a grip. The only thing that matters is how your actions effect others... Tell you what mate go outside (if it's day time - scary i know with all that light around), take a deep breath, look at all the lovely things the physical sun illuminates, go back inside, splash some water on your face use the toilet if you need to and get real

The only thing that matters is who do you think you are opposed to what you really are. If you don't know what you are you will misidentify every thing.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by arpgme

The only thing that matters is who do you think you are opposed to what you really are. If you don't know what you are you will misidentify every thing.

Why?

What you think you are is surely what you really are, as are all your actions or in actions, if it's not me then who is it? So if you think you are a certain way that is part of what you really are, you can't be something you are not because that something won't exist without you (as part of you)

What other people think you are however is a different ball park.

It doesn't matter what you think you are or what you do as long as you don't cause people to suffer (or minimise impacts that you cannot divert), doing good things for people and helping people out and doing what you enjoy regardless of what you think you are/what you is what matters.

Have a good time don't hurt people, that is what matters.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Why?

What you think you are is surely what you really are, as are all your actions or in actions, if it's not me then who is it? So if you think you are a certain way that is part of what you really are, you can't be something you are not because that something won't exist without you (as part of you)

What other people think you are however is a different ball park.

It doesn't matter what you think you are or what you do as long as you don't cause people to suffer (or minimise impacts that you cannot divert), doing good things for people and helping people out and doing what you enjoy regardless of what you think you are/what you is what matters.

Have a good time don't hurt people, that is what matters.

You are not what you 'think' you are.
The belief that you can cause suffering is what makes you suffer. The belief in suffering is suffering. The religion of 'be good' is what makes life hurt.
You are being so just be.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Reflected

You are not a thing. The mind speaks and tells you what you are and it is believed by most without question. The mind thinks it knows but the mind just thinks, it does not know. The mind (a thought arising) is an appearance.
You are the knower of mind (a thought arising presently).
You are the presence for thoughts to appear in but you are not what the thought says. You are the awareness that knows all that arises, you are the aware space.
What you are never appears or disappears. You are the empty, void screen that allows existence to appear to exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You are what you think you are, because you are you and part of you is what you think - including what you think of yourself, unless you are saying your thought process is not part of you, including what you think of yourself?

If belief in causing suffering is what makes me suffer then haven't you just dis-proven your own statement? I have become what I have thought then? (FYI I didn't say I suffer)
I think I suffer thus I suffer (according to you) then if i think I am what I think, then am I not what I thought I was? Or you just picking and choosing what "thoughts" impact me or what don't?

Sorry if the above is hard to digest.

I am just being, I can't do anything but 'be' nor can anyone.

Are you saying you do what you want because you 'think' you know who you really are so that anything you do is void of having a moral consequence?

Oh you added more:
My mind doesn't tell me what to do... my mind is part of my overall being, belonging to me.

You say I am not what my thoughts say? But 'I' make my thoughts, my thoughts come from me, I think them, I imagine things and think them all by myself. I thought of this reply, this reply was not thought up independent of me...
edit on 14-9-2012 by Reflected because: responding to additional post

edit on 14-9-2012 by Reflected because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Thinking appears within you, you are the seer and knower of thought arising. Everything is just happening - including thought - it is just happening but it is seen and known. You are the seeing and knowing presence. 'Being present' is what you are. Present for all appearances to appear. You are not the appearance.
What you believe you will cause suffering.
However, the truth shall set you free.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

You do not think thoughts anymore than you can put a cloud in the sky. You are the sky that contains the cloud that appears. A thought is like a cloud but you are the space like the sky that allows a cloud to appear, you do not put it there but you can watch it pass.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join