It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen West: Embassy attacks exactly what you get with policies of weakness and appeasement

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There were also numerous embassy attacks under the watch of Regan, Bush, Clinton and W. Bush. I suppose those were due to similar policies.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

So you can blame Obama and call him a woman, but that does not change the fact that people do not want us in their country.

They don't want us in their countries. I agree with that and I would also agree to a full blown withdrawl of all US assets in these hot regions as well as swift cut to all financial aid given to these nations. It's time to let them solve their own problems once and for all. Winner take all so help me God. Clearly they only appreciate our borrowed money and nothing else....

Pat Buchanan addressed this very issue today. Like him or not he lays it out like it is...

The cost of our two wars is 6,500 dead, 40,000 wounded and $2 trillion piled onto a national debt that is $16 trillion, larger than the entire U.S. economy. And what in heaven's name do we have to show for it?

We face pandemic hatred of our country from Morocco to Pakistan. The sight of American flags being ripped to shreds and burned by mobs has become so common over there we seem almost to have gotten used to it.

So we have here an irreconcilable conflict.

The Islamic word, especially across the Arab region, is undergoing a transformation, a Great Awakening. Muslims from Nigeria to Mali to Ethiopia to Sudan to the Maghreb and Middle and Near East are growing more militant and more hostile toward Christianity and other faiths.

And as we are not going to change our position on Israel, or our culture, such as it is, or our First Amendment, clashes between us are inevitable.

Perhaps the best course of action for America is to lower our profile in that region, bring most of our diplomats and troops home, and let these people work out their destiny themselves.

cnsnews.com...

So, the aggressive and tough talking stance of President's past have failed as has Obama's new soft glove soft spoken approach.... Time to recognize that this situation in the regions in question are clearly irreconcilable and soon enough these same situations are bound to spill over on US soil... The radicals have been entrenching in the US for decades waiting for a moment like this...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Believe it our not warriors respect other warriors, adversaries respect a strong leader, they may hate them but they respect them, think of it as a code of honor,

You can't trust a double talking traitor who speaks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time,once you watch him even throw his own grandmother under the bus, you know you may be next.
www.the-lighthouse.net...

All the OH mommy the rest of the world doesn't like us, gets you nowhere, it is a delicate balancing act.
edit on 033030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Believe it our not warriors respect other warriors, adversaries respect a strong leader, they may hate them but they respect them, think of it as a code of honor,

You can't trust a double talking traitor who speaks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time,once you watch him even throw his own grandmother under the bus, you know you may be next.
www.the-lighthouse.net...

All the OH mommy the rest of the world doesn't like us, gets you nowhere, it is a delicate balancing act.
edit on 033030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Warrior code means squat when you have psychopathic
Ideologues engineering both sides of the conflict.

Warriors don't decide to go to war, generals do.

Epic Neocon fail of chicken hawk proportions

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well then we agree.

Bring em home and let's focus on America again.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yes, bring out military, our embassies, and our foreign aid home. If companies want to do business, let them hire Blackwater, or Xe, or whatever name they're going by now.

Blackwater doesn't represent USA, they are paid security. Let them deal with "breaking" other countries laws, themselves.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have noticed some chatter about abandoning embassies around the Middle East because of these recent embassy riots and attacks? That is exactly what these fanatics want. Therefore, things should go on business as usual, and while making decisions about what punitive actions can be taken against any nation that has violated its solemn obligation to protect and defend foreign embassies. If it means cutting off aid, sanctions, or even cutting off diplomatic relations all together? I would be for it. Time to draw the line in the sand. The President tried the soft approach when dealing with countries in the Middle East, and it turns out to have had abhorrent consequences.

These latest incidents are going to be the achille's heal for his campaign. Similar to former President Jimmy Carter and the Iranian hostage crisis. He should be all over the place redefining his position on the matter, and burning the midnight oil at the White House to assess this geopolitical monster in the making. This could very well be the wrench in the engine that brings the Obama machine to a screeching halt?

Time to take off the satin gloves, and stare down Islamic extremism whereever it shows its ugly head. Enough of the benefit of doubt, and cajoling. The people instigating this unrest cannot be reasoned with or appeased. Their way or the highway!

I am not advocating a hardline approach, or even a hawkish one at that. However, it is time to speak softly, but carry that big stick. I know it is a tired old phrase from Teddy Roosevelt, but it reigns true now as it did when he first coined the phrase.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Hmmm, another Allen West article. Is it me or does West simply come up with the most outrageous, ignorant and stupid comments possible in order to get some headlines?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
Hmmm, another Allen West article. Is it me or does West simply come up with the most outrageous, ignorant and stupid comments possible in order to get some headlines?

He certainly knows his target audience

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by beezzer
The Obama Regime is imploding.

His foreign policy of 'appeasement and apology' is coming home to roost.
And yet ... he's still ahead in the polls. How very ODD.

Not odd at all.

September 18, 2012 - Rasmussen

Romney 47%

Obama 45%

The Appeaser -in- Chief has failed. Just turn on your TV.

Abandoning our allies (Israel) is also a failing policy.

---------

I expect these numbers to stay the same until November 6, 2012.

People have already made up their minds.

The independents will walk into the voting booth and vote for

President Mitt Romney. The Obama record is very hard for them to ignore.

edit on 18-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join