It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen West: Embassy attacks exactly what you get with policies of weakness and appeasement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
U.S. Representative Allen West (R,Fl) says it's all a weak foreign policy that led to the 9-11-12 attacks on U.S. Embassies.

He made statements on Fox News.

The link includes a 6 minute video.

Allen West says that we are saying shades of the Carter administration in Obama’s weak foreign policies and that these attacks are exactly what you get when you convey to the world a policy of weakness and appeasement. He says at this point these nations need to be taught a lesson and that we need to send a strong message by ending diplomatic relations with these countries

Allen West: Embassy attacks exactly what you get with policies of weakness and appeasement

This whole recent Middle-East uproar has made the Obama Administration look weak and fragile in the eyes of the voters despite many M$M stories that have attempted to deflect and divert the real seriousness of the problems at hand.

Voters are seeing Romney as the stronger

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Embassy attacks are exactly what you get
when idiots stir a hornets nest
to cause problems just before the election.

False Flag.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Excellent point he makes. Weakness invites attack and we've been showing our soft belly far too much lately for a nation who has worked so hard to make such vicious and dangerous enemies. Perhaps we need to disengage and back out of all this over there, and I believe we do. We don't do that by being wimps though. FAR FAR too many in the world would like to HELP us out of the area, in body bags by the thousands. All that prevents it is the deterrence of consequence and meaningful retaliation. Take away that fear, and we'd better run...FAST...we have a couple decades of severely pissed off and it's beating at the Embassy gates.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is what happens when we don't give marines live ammo to defend those embassies.

www.breitbart.com...

And it's not the first time I've heard that.

Maybe they should be rolling out some of those accoustical or microwave active denial weapons.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
"...we have a couple decades of severely pissed off and it's beating at the Embassy gates." I couldn't agree more. The US needs to seriously revamp their foreign policies and re-evaluate their positions on Israel, Syria, Iran, Iraq, etc. If they don't, you can see many more episodes such as this playing out.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I'll see your Allen West and raise you former ambassador to NATO Nicholas Burns, someone who actually knows what he is talking about.

The Politics of Foreign Policy: Campaigns Get Combative Over Embassy Attacks

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

This is what happens when we don't give marines live ammo to defend those embassies.

www.breitbart.com...

And it's not the first time I've heard that.

Maybe they should be rolling out some of those accoustical or microwave active denial weapons.

As much as I don't care for Obama, he isn't the first to do this. In 1986, when Reagan was president, I was assigned security for a bus going between Fleet Landing and several NATO bases in Italy. We had had several incidents in the past few days, including a bomb threat that turned out not to be a threat. (thank God for the boys in EOD) I was told to go and draw a weapon, when I did, I got a .45 with the mag welded into the butt. I later found out that it was our State Department who made the decision. They would have rather had us get killed then to take the chance that we might kill a foreign national in self-defense. Come to think of it, it was Libyans then too. I don't blame Obama for this, Hilary on the other hand...................................

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

What I think we need to do is what Paul wanted to do. Pull BACK... Troops, Government presence AND ALL FORMS of foreign AID. All of them and all of it. Everything. We have life and death issues destroying our OWN nation right now and from within as well as without. We have NO business screwing around anywhere ELSE while our own "Rome" burns down to the foundations.

Let the world fight it out and in some years, we can peek back out from our very HEAVILY defended borders and see if it might be peaceful enough to re-engage on a footing that doesn't require guns to back opinions, all over the globe. if not, hell.... If we want to go self sufficient..it'll take a few years to gear our own economy back up to handle our own needs, but we're one of only a few nations on Earth who could, if we chose. become 100% SELF sufficient and 100% exporter of goods..... It's all in our power to choose.

We can follow the real Roman Empire in fate and fortune, or we can break the cycle of doom on civilizations at our level and tend to our own problems... I don't have much hope for a wise choice, sadly.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What we need to do is install these in every embassy and crank up the voltage.

If that doesn't work use this.

If that doesn't work use this.

If that doesn't work we will be at war.
:

The report that they didn't have live ammo was bogus. I am not sure who started that rumor.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Given Obama's 2009 Cairo speech... none of us should be surprised at Obama's failure. What did he hope would happen after giving this disgraceful boot licking speech. Obama morphed with Eddie Haskell for this speech.

edit on 14-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I really like Allen West. He just tells it like it is. I also like what Charles Krauthammer said - The Mideast Violence is the Meltdown of the Obama Policy on the Muslim World

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As this continues and the lies (from this administration) get more desparate, more will see what Col. West and others are seeing.

The Obama Regime is imploding.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
The Obama Regime is imploding.

His foreign policy of 'appeasement and apology' is coming home to roost.
And yet ... he's still ahead in the polls. How very ODD.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's not a weak policy that brought this on. It's a bad foreign policy in which we impose our ways onto other people and if they do not appease us, we overthrow their governments and change it to our liking.

That has been the policy long before Obama came along.

Trying to somehow place complete blame on Obama is intellectually dishonest and completely misses the REAL reasons why we have this issue today.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Odd indeed!! Gotta wonder who they are polling or how they are reporting results. Obama campaigns in Vegas while our embassies burn....Obama chums it up with celebs while our Flags are torn and burned.. Let's check the polls in a couple of days...

Anyone know what Professor Obama's office hours are...??? Clint Eastwood was spot on with his empty chair routine.....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

The report that they didn't have live ammo was bogus. I am not sure who started that rumor.

Marines complained about it...alternative media picked up on it....powers that be saw the embarrassment it could cause Obama and quickly fixed the problem.

Now they say it never happened....go figure.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
It's not a weak policy that brought this on. It's a bad foreign policy in which we impose our ways onto other people and if they do not appease us, we overthrow their governments and change it to our liking.

That has been the policy long before Obama came along.

Trying to somehow place complete blame on Obama is intellectually dishonest and completely misses the REAL reasons why we have this issue today.

That's the policy that Obama was apologizing for....It was replaced with Obama's weak handshake and even weaker words... The groups that are behind this latest effort do NOT respect weakness from men in general let alone the male leader of the Free Worlds. They expect weakness from their women... How do they classify Obama?? as a weak woman?? The guy can't even condemn these actions without tripping all over himself or without waiting for the latest poll numbers before he comments....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This was set into motion long before Obama came along, and I dare say before Bush.

We have had our hand in the viper pit for many, many years and it is nothing more than political masturbation for you and everyone else to bash Obama for events set into motion long ago.

The only other option we have is to start bombing. Is that what everyone wants?

How dare you, or anyone else say these things when it was that sort of thinking that got us in this trouble to begin with. If we would have let people have the luxury of self-determination, instead of us imposing ourselves onto them, they could not blame us at all and they would not be killing our diplomats.

So you can blame Obama and call him a woman, but that does not change the fact that people do not want us in their country.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Spoken like a true Nazi Mr West!

Let me remind you that policies of idiocy get us World Wars
And ten years in Iraq

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by FlyersFan

Odd indeed!! Gotta wonder who they are polling or how they are reporting results. Obama campaigns in Vegas while our embassies burn....Obama chums it up with celebs while our Flags are torn and burned.. Let's check the polls in a couple of days...

Anyone know what Professor Obama's office hours are...??? Clint Eastwood was spot on with his empty chair routine.....

Let's blow em all up!!!

Neocons unite!!!

Edit to add.

11 countries are going off, lets blow up 11 countries

edit on 14-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join