It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots will be working for us in 2100

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Peolple will have more leisure time to spend with family as our robots go to work for us.

Every thing will be voted on by all the people of the world..via internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
And we will be working for the robots shortly after...

Actually, I don't think we're going to make it to 2100 as a species.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IdiotSavantSurrealist
Peolple will have more leisure time to spend with family as our robots go to work for us.

Every thing will be voted on by all the people of the world..via internet.

We already see this trend. It is called being unemployed.

Would be nice to have free time without the worry for bills and groceries but don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

There will not be a Utopia... No prime style Hunger Games...
edit on 13-9-2012 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IdiotSavantSurrealist

us?

are you one of TCOTBIP by any chance?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IdiotSavantSurrealist

I dont mean to be rude but could you give us a logical argument behind your claims?
edit on 13-9-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The video does not play in the uk so how about you talk a little bit about why you think this way?

I dont know about robots , im still waiting for my hover car

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Honestly, nobody has a clue how this all turns out.

Some say the tech will free us, others say it will enslave us...I see both as possibilities.

If we follow the same trends, people will migrate from lower skilled labor being replaced by automation/robotics, to higher skilled jobs which require specialized educations. Some will make the transition, others won't and will be either helped out with social support systems, else die out early.

It's most compassionate to say that if the tech provides much more, much less should be demanded of the average citizen, to the point that those who are no longer able to offer a functional role should just be given basic necessities and be left to chill...it would be nice, but...

It may not be most wise to take such an approach. Already, reason can be given to say that allowing the weaker among us to live a full life puts too much stress on society, and weakens our gene pool. Where natural forces used to wipe out the weakest, now we're too damned protected by tech advancements...

So who knows how it will all play out? I don't. If we tamper with the genome good enough, perhaps everyone can continue to have a functional role in society and all will be well. I have no clue, really.

Oh yea, Bjork is awesome! Love the vid.

Also, also, many have put up the notion that a "hive mind" will take care of all humanities issues. Either just one massive computer which makes everything flow smoothly, else our minds collectively used in conjunction with a huge computer.
edit on 13-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
Honestly, nobody has a clue how this all turns out.

Some say the tech will free us, others say it will enslave us...I see both as possibilities.

If we follow the same trends, people will migrate from lower skilled labor being replaced by automation/robotics, to higher skilled jobs which require specialized educations. Some will make the transition, others won't and will be either helped out with social support systems, else die out early.

It's most compassionate to say that if the tech provides much more, much less should be demanded of the average citizen, to the point that those who are no longer able to offer a functional role should just be given basic necessities and be left to chill...it would be nice, but...

It may not be most wise to take such an approach. Already, reason can be given to say that allowing the weaker among us to live a full life puts too much stress on society, and weakens our gene pool. Where natural forces used to wipe out the weakest, now we're too damned protected by tech advancements...

So who knows how it will all play out? I don't. If we tamper with the genome good enough, perhaps everyone can continue to have a functional role in society and all will be well. I have no clue, really.

Oh yea, Bjork is awesome! Love the vid.

Also, also, many have put up the notion that a "hive mind" will take care of all humanities issues. Either just one massive computer which makes everything flow smoothly, else our minds collectively used in conjunction with a huge computer.
edit on 13-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

Hey bro you rock! Thanks for that deep reply.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well the planet can only properly supply for just so many humans

If we get all peaceful and lazy, sit back and let the robots do all the work and we stuff our faces then it will require even more food

At what point will the tech look at us a a vile rodent that needs to be exterminated?

top topics

join