It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Not QE3 This Is QE Infinity!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

lol
not that i'm a larouchite,[had a boss with a subscription to the new federalist
]
but he has pointed out that the banksters funny money games
are responsible for the collapse of pretty much all the great civilizations
from mesopotamia to rome.
and this is someone who is supposedly a "nutcase"

this is just begging that china pulls the rug out from under us
as if they were blind and not seeing this attempt at welching out of the debts owed
as an economic attack.

it's way past time these criminals were rounded up and executed for high treason

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

You're right, I don't know when it's going to come down. It SHOULD have come down under Bush when the Mini-crash came. It DID come within 24 short hours of crashing down and if some recall, Bush abd the Fed were in a 5 alarm panic as money was moving out of the U.S. in sums large enough to leave even people at that level aghast and in mild shock.

It's been playig on fantasies and dreams since. It's worked..so far..but it's worked on fundamentals of pure wishful thinking and illusion. Prior to the mini-crash there was at least some reality to the economic base. Now? QE-3 removes even that for those watching closely all these years. God help us when the truth hits the common man. That's how runs on banks start, food runs start coming and the end comes fast.

Now, I can't believe anyone would ever try and put a happy face on the general collapse of Western economies. There is no UPSIDE to this. There is the reality that rebuilding will come eventually and it will some day come back to a level where standards of living aren't measured purely by the ability to live. However.............

The worst cases of Hyperinflation in history

What this likely insures will now happen is going to be ugly, brutal and everyone is going to feel deep and hard pain by the time it's over and rebuilding comes. I can't believe they've done this....but they have..and that's the show folks.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Gasoline here was $3.82 a gallon this morning.
One hour after the Fed announcement I drove by and it was $3.99 a gallon.
How's that for instant inflation!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

By "rebuilding", I trust you mean attempting to attain our super power status again, or similar. If by "rebuild" you mean actual destruction of our nation will happen....we have completely different perspectives.

I was scared, and rightly so, back in 2008. I'm no longer scared. We've had more than enough time to figure out how best to handle the transition. It won't be pretty, but it won't end in complete ruins, either.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Oh screw super power status. The Weimar Republic is what we're quite possibly about to experience...or the Great Depression as our own people knew it...though this will be worse. The great depression happened in an America with powerful industrial base to it's economy and strong fundamentals. We have almost nothing now......

Rebuilding means getting back where the standard of living isn't defined by the ability to live. It's already there for a long time, for some. Ask folks in Detroit.
It could be there soon for the rest of us. How the world reacts to this will define the near term future and how hard it's going to get for us in the here and now.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Nothing, eh?

It's not like we deindustrialized for a reason..that we didn't decide to suck out the worlds resources instead of screwing up our own land and continuing to pump out millions of tons of pollutants every year when it could be done elsewhere in the world and shipped here...

It's not as if the internet backbone doesn't reside in this country...or that we don't have the most scientific patents the world has ever seen...

Man, you're buying into a falsely negative view of our current state. The truth is in the middle. We were weaker than many thought pre 2008, but are also stronger than many assume post 2008.

We still have industry, services, and a ton of creativity left in this country. It's just not at the level it once was. That means we have an adjustment which will eventually happen....oookay, and the problem is??

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was expecting QE3, but this? Jeez, it's coming faster than we had feared...

I hope everyone understands the gravity of this decision. Printing money for an indefinite period of time.

QE has never worked, nor will it this time. It goes back to that old saying about the definition of insanity...well looks like we've finally gone over the proverbial deep end - the road to hyperinflation.

I sincerely hope you all are putting two and two together on this one. This is no joke.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Hooray!!! More stimulus!
Stimulus for everybody. Everyone but us that is.

So, has anyone done the math for how long until the whole system implodes on it's self?
Personally I thought it would have happened by now. But it seems they have become exceedingly efficient at propping up their house of cards.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this is insane...

This is our economy on life support, it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
this is insane...

This is our economy on life support, it's only a matter of time before they pull the plug.

Not to be a stickler, I think the better analogy is this is the economy on life support. It’s only a matter of time before they over dose it with meds (money) before it dies.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by xstealth
this is insane...

Not to be a stickler, I think the better analogy is this is the economy on life support. It’s only a matter of time before they over dose it with meds (money) before it dies.

No I mean the other countries will pull the plug.

When the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency it will collapse.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I will agree that we have the people power, the skills, drive and ability to become very solid and producing our own things very quickly. If Government in general stopped making it so hard to do much of anything in the regulatory environment, among everything else.

After all, by example. the United States was an emerging power in many ways for military in 1941. That's why I believe Japan figured they could do that. The numbers were against it, but the U.S. became a super power industrial producer in a matter of a year and then just turned out numbers I still look at with wonder.

No reason it can't happen again.......except that people seem to be apathetic to extremes these days and generally fatalistic in a way that is really dangerous with everything else happening..

Sorry if I seem personal on this topic sometimes... I got lost for a good bit of time making my budget thread and just got done with that very recently. The whole topic is still very strong for me, well before this QE3 stuff came.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Ya know what kills me about this crap? If anyone else just prints money, they go to jail....

Buying up useless crap with useless dollars...makes total sense doesn't it? Why don't they mail every household a big fat check and let US citizens stimulate the economy locally...I can go to Mom and Pop hardware store, buy grub from the farmers market or the road side stands...beef from the butcher or the rancher...etc...etc...etc.

We know what happens when the Fed hands over money to the banks...we don't see the cash but we and our children and grandchildren receive the bill...funny how that works...

I say...if we have to foot the bill down the road, you cut that money and split it up to every tax payer in the country...period...I'm sure our little "grassroots" spending will "stimulate" things more than the cronies and the banks ever will...

/rant over

edit to add....40 billion a month equates to $121.00 a month for every single citizen...all 330 million of us...
edit on 13-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How will this be inflationary unless the 40 billion per month becomes money that is spent?

Not sure why the doom and gloom?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

I don't know how long this game of musical chairs can continue, and neither do you! I set an assumptive date a few years back of after 2015. I intuited that with all the shenanigans in place already, what's another additional layer of nonsense or two to keep buying some time before the inevitable?

Countries can't outright drop the petrodolar so easily. Isn't that the reason we went into Iraq, and one of the reasons for going into Libya? Isn't it one of the main reasons we're pissed at Iran?

We have military supremacy. It lasts until the world decides to make a concerted effort to drop the petrodollar. We simply can't take on the whole world at once.

Still, my main point stands. Who the hell cares about the dollar? If it collapses, we'll simply put in place a new currency ASAP.

So what if the petrodolar falls apart? It just means we're no longer the sole super power of the world. Can't we just take this collapse of empire as is? England didn't disintegrate. Russia is better off now than pre-collapse.

Why must it be a SHTF scenario? It makes less sense to think this will be the case in 2012. They've kept this thing together for long enough that the rest of the world moved on. We're not quite as interconnected as we were in 2008. Contingencies for events like a dollar collapse are in place!

Not saying there won't be civil unrest, or martial law once the dollar collapses, but the end of the USA
run for the hills type nonsense?

No damned way.

Here's a screenshot from usdebtclock :

This shows the debt to GDP ratio for 20 countries. I highlighted the ten which are over 100%. We're one of them. So are half of the total!

You see...you can use big numbers to scare people, but without PERSPECTIVE, the huge numbers are meaningless...we also have the largest GDP OF ALL THE NATIONS.
edit on 13-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

Yes when it is put into perspective Australia is in a far worse state % wise. Yet we are not even thinking about the collapse of the system.

We don't just go and print new money though.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

This constant printing of money is a never-ending gift to the criminals on Wall Street, that own Obama.
You can bet Romney will be no different.

It punishes the savers, middle and lower class American's and gives to the non productive parasites on Wall Street and elite at the top.

Totally disgusting

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
QE 3 is not going to solve the problems. Don't you think its time that we stopped looking to solve the problem within the problem itself? It's time for a new system, it's time to abandon the system we have. There is no future with capitalism. It's a sinking ship, and those of you who believe it's not are in for a serious wake up call. Imagine the world in 50 years from now? This planet cannot sustain unlimited growth forever. We must put an end to profit and greed. That means putting an end to capitalism.

Capitalism Has Failed

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This just keeps getting better and better...

$40bn/mo on top of Operation Twist to come in at a mere total of $85bn/mo for the rest of 2012.

From the mouth of Bernanke himself...

They'll surpass $300bn in spankin' new money by Christmas.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

This is not capitalism, free-market or otherwise. Those scales were tipped and toppled long ago. This is corporate fascism.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Has anyone notice how fast its dropping at this moment !!!!!!!

www.fxstreet.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join