It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you need to know about Iran and its enemies (hint : it is not the US or Israel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
After reading a lot of threads and posts regarding Iran and the upcoming war it will soon wage against Israel, it has struck me how many people seem to believe that this could lead to a worldwide conflict resulting in the US, Israel and friends against everything that is Arab or Muslim. Some even seem to believe that Russia and China would get involved in such a conflict but this is not the point of this thread.

It is true that most Muslim countries despise Israel and wish for their termination, but there is one country that has taken the spot of number one enemy for the Muslim nations, and that country is Iran.

A lot of members here on ATS seem to think that a conflict between the US and Israel would mean going to war against everything that is in red on this map:

It is not so. Iran and every Arab country around it have been hereditary enemies for centuries! And now it is only getting worst and worst. Due to the Shia vs Sunni debate , the hatred of Arab nations towards Iran has escalated in recent years mostly because of 3 factors.

1) The support of Iran to paramilitary groups that only adds fire to the fuel and leads to death and instability in the Arab nations. Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah etc..

2) Autocracy led by religious leaders. It might seem odd to you but most Arab and Muslim countries advocate for laic states unlike what the MSM feeds us. This is not the way they want to be ruled.

3) Nuclear threat. If Iran is able to use nuclear weapon, it is no surprise that they will become the super power of the Middle East, threatening in the same time every Arab nation around them. It is no surprise that Egypt, Saudi Arabia and United Arab emirates have all announced that if Iran goes nuclear, they will too get nuclear weapons in order to defend themselves.

So from the map above we are left with this as Iran’s allies in Red :

Note the ??? on Egypt is because I am totally lost with what is going on in Egypt regarding the way cooperation will now be handled with Iran with an Egypt now led by the Muslim brotherhood. Perhaps someone can shed some light on that for me.

The Arab world would be watching Iran fall with great satisfaction, Of course some radicals would make an anti America show in most countries for the MSM to feed us these images and make us think that America should wage war on the entire Arab world. But do not be fooled. The Arab and Muslim interests do not reside in Iran.

So next time you see someone post something in the lines of "America will have to go to war against all the Arabs if it attacks Iran" you will now know what to tell them.

Thank you for reading.

AS.

edit on 13-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alphaskunk

You have Iran in blue on your second pic...

Any how, read about Shia Islam, check out the Demographics part.

OP has a great point, but needs to refine the info.
edit on 13-9-2012 by thesungod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Thank you, will correct it.
edit : Too late now it seems.Iraq should be in blue and Iran in red in second picture.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
May a bucket of stars come your way for raising this outstanding point and in a very timely way. There absolutely is a war within the war we see from the West and it predates our little beef with that region's people by centuries.

I agree...amidst all the fog and dust that is deliberately kicked into the air to confuse and obscure things, there is a truth that we can see if we try....it's just as you say. Shia are on the list for annihilation and damn our good intentions and misguided sense of whatever it's been, but we've actively helped this last chapter of a war we had no part in, play out.

If TPTB in power right now have their way, we'll seal the deal with the destruction of Iran and the Shia will be like the Roma of Europe... a people drifting with no real home or country. It's just a situation we, in the West have ever had any business being a part of from either side or any side. In my opinion.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Iran has ticked off just about every Islamic nation with assasinations, coup attempts, traing rebels/terrorists, terror attacks and at times out right threats trying to spread the revolution. So yes Iran is not just a concern of the US/Europe and Israel.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
People complain about Christianity. Because it is safe to do so in this politically correct environment. But I haven’t heard nary a complaint against Shia or Sunni. Maybe because they’re scared?

All these cults….

As soon as the Middle East allegedly does away with Israel, then they'll proceed to kill each other.

This songs lyrics strikes me.

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races Going nowhere, going nowhere

Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expressionHide my head I wanna drown my sorrow No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sadThe dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever hadI find it hard to tell you,
I find it hard to takeWhen people run in circles its a very, very Mad world, mad world

Children waiting for the day they feel goodHappy birthday, happy birthdayAnd I feel the way that every child should Sit and listen, sit and listen

Went to school and I was very nervous
No one knew me, no one knew me
Hello teacher tell me, what's my lesson? Look right through me, look right through me

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever hadI find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, veryMad world, mad world, enlarging your world

Mad world

Copied from MetroLyrics.com
edit on 13-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So to summarise, millions of innocent people are about to die thanks to a different belief in religion.

Well done to the person who invented god.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Interesting thread, though sunni Al Qaeda's role is questionable..Their relationship with Iran is limited and only because of a shared enemy.If Iran is the aggressor( scapegoat) in the coming war, al Qaeda forces in Saudi Arabia, Aghanistan/Pakistan wont support Iran..al Qaeda is not a puppet organization like Hezbollah, they do as they please with the support from the sunni countries.. Don't forget al Qaeda participation in Iraq's recent attacks against Shias.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes,this has been true for a long time. America should have bombed Irans nuclear facilities a long time ago. Only America can do it without starting WWIII. If Israel does it the region will be in uprising. China will back America because they have embraced Capitalism and America is their biggest consumer. Their people like nice things now so attacking America is not a good option for them. Russia does not like us but does respect us. Well they don't respect Obama because he is weak. Hopefully that will be rectified. Saudi Arabia likes us. They should. America controls the sea and sky,so i really do not see any world power outright attacking America with the exception of Iran. America is also the bread basket of the world. We feed pretty much everybody. China would lose millions if the food line stopped.
edit on 14-9-2012 by jimmiec because: Forgot to mention that America is basicly the worlds chief food source.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You'll find countries that aren't fond of each other will unite to take down a bigger enemy.

As to whether or not we are that bigger enemy to them I really don't know.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Whamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well here's something that parallels your argument in that it gives an historical reason for the division and the map within illustrates the population of the two sects.

Sunnis and Shiites

I have to do more research to better understand the interaction between the two.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I agree that Iran will be facing off a variety of nations who are also Muslim but just a few points.

1. Iran does not fund or train Al Qaeda. The US did (and still does, through the FSA in Syria) and also gave them nearly $6b to combat the Soviets. Those weapons are still (largely) intact.

2. Most of those countries would not take up arms against Iran. They know that if Iran and Israel duke it out alone then their own relative power will increase (Saudi Arabia, Egypt) and that if they did fight a direct war with Iran then they would take very heavy casualties. You also need to take into account the distance between most of those countries and Iran. It isn't possible (to move large amounts of hardware) over that great a distance without US help.

3. You must also take into account the anti-US sentiments in those nations. Somalia, Libya, Morocco, Egypt (anti-Israel) and Lebanon. They wouldn't fight for the US against a regional power for the simple fact they would be largely decimated and left even more under US control.

4. Iran has more allies than you have let on. Armenia (or Azerbaijan? I'm not sure which) and Pakistan have treaties and alliances with Iran. Syria (pro-Iran) and Iraq (anti-US) have been looking for unity under the 'Kingdom of Iraq' and they could form together as a way of ensuring both their survivals.

join