It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

77-year-old Woman Dragged From Car And Arrested.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

So it's justified to put hands on a disabled elderly lady and drag her out of her car and across the ground, literally, just bc she was upset and had a bit of an attitude?

I used to work in programs for at risk teens who were constantly verbally and physically abusive. We only put hands on if the individual was a danger to themselves or others. Any use of force for less than that I would have lost my job and never been allowed to work in any capacity with the public like that again and quite possibly arrested for assault myself. I know this is LE we're talking about, but I don't see why they are allowed to used such force just bc they don't have any patience or can't stand a lil ego bruise.

Also, 66 in a 50? I have many friends who are cops and that would barely get you pulled over... Hell the speed limit on my street is 55 and most cars are doing at least 65. I'm not condoning it I'm just saying it's common practice and for a street to have a posted 50 means it's not a residential or near a school...

It's very troubling how people can continue to justify the use of violence against verbal offenses. She didn't make any threats, she was just upset and like I said in my previous post if you have any experience with the elderly you would know that many can overreact and get very nervous or upset.

This cop should have bern out busting a real criminal I stead of hauling granny off to jail.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

So it's justified to put hands on a disabled elderly lady and drag her out of her car and across the ground, literally, just bc she was upset and had a bit of an attitude?

No, I think he could have dealt with it differently.

I didn't see evidence of her being disabled, and the only reason she got dragged out unto the ground is because she stupidly refused to comply with his request to get out of the vehicle, and she struggled with him when he tried to lead her out by the arm. It was her defiance that landed her on the ground.

You can't have an "attitude" with police that says your entitled not to hand them over ID when you are pulled over for an infraction that you know you are guilty of. Go ahead an arrest me cause I don't want to comply , than not complying to get out of the vehicle when requested, is a little more than "attitude".

I don't condone the violence by the police officer, and I do wish he could have looked at her and with respect and patience explained that excuses don't cut it, and nicely said he needed to see her ID .

That being said officers aren't really there to pamper the elderly who are willfully breaking laws for the reasons they think are valid. If she gets so confused and rattled , and easily angered because she is too old, perhaps these are valid indications that she shouldn't even be driving in the first place, because her emotions and thought processes are too easily triggered negatively to making sound decisions on the road.

Don't get me wrong, it made me very sad to see this Lady manhandled, but ..why oh why didn't she just comply the first 4 times she was asked something? It wasn't confusion, it was defiance, and being old is no excuse to basically tell an officer to stick it, because I have to go to the bathroom.

edit on 14-9-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ok I get it now... You feel bad but ultimately violence is acceptable in any situation when someone doesn't do exactly what a LEO says. I gotcha.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Cops should be required to act more professional. They act as hot-headed as criminals at times.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer

Ok I get it now... You feel bad but ultimately violence is acceptable in any situation when someone doesn't do exactly what a LEO says. I gotcha.

I think you are twisting the reality here.

It is common practice for an officer to ask for driver ID when stopping a vehicle for a driving infraction. To refuse to obey that command twice, is silly, and unfair to the officer doing his job. He told her what would happen to her if she didn't comply with the request, and she pushed it further daunting him into arresting her. Then she wouldn't get out of the vehicle.

I guess what your implying is that everyone should have the right to not comply with an officers request, up to 4 times, and then expect that they will walk away ? Or are you implying that someone who is topped for speeding should be allowed to not hand over their ID because they don't believe in having to answer to an officers request?

edit on 15-9-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

The topic here is a 77-year old woman .....not other members.

Please stick to the topic...

You are responsible for your own posts.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by abeverage

Huh...Since when and where do cops wear cameras now? I am on the fence with this and this video.

Police cams

Is this a good thing keeping police honest or will it increasingly condition us to get used to confrontations and power control resulting in an arrest or worse?

If the police are going to do this, I think they should be required to disclose the fact that you are being videotaped (maybe the do?)

It's safe to say that they are saving these videos in a database somewhere in conjunction with other personal information.

I wonder what they do with videos and other personal information involving incidents that don't result in a violation?

License, registration, video = tracking database?

I am in IT and I can't imagine the costs associated in storing each traffic violation in car and on a police officer!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join