It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion: An 11 year old pregnant by mothers dead boyfriend

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some of you are complaining that this is a one in a billion scenario, but does this one case not matter? This is precisely the reason abortion should not be banned completely. This is not the first time something like this has happened and unfortunately it is not going to be the last.

There ARE special circumstances out there that really blur the lines and present a need to keep abortion an option.

In my opinion, abortion should be legal in all rape/incest cases. It should also be legal for life-endangerment of the mother. The only exception is that it should be legal up to a point in gestation, which to be honest, I can't give the perfect time.

If this was my daughter, she would be getting an abortion. An 11 year old cannot physically or mentally handle giving birth to a child. They ARE a child, whether you want to call them a pre-teen or not. My niece is 11 and I just subbed a class of 11 year olds Tuesday. There is no way a CHILD that age can have a baby.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This sickens me.

What has happened to "our" world? When I was 11, all I cared about were Barbies and tree-houses.

Our children today are growing up in a world so full of fear, hate and torment that it tears my soul apart.

If I were in this situation, I wouldnt think twice about the abortion. My poor child should not have to suffer from this evil.

I know some of you wont like this answer, but to me, the baby has not taken a breath, yet. The 11 year old baby IS breathing and alive..no question in my mind..this poor child needs unconditional love the rest of her life..what's left of it.

Ex

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is horrible.
May I also add, if Romney, Ryan get in this little girl would have no choice.
Sad, Sad.....................

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So a C Section is impossible? I understand you can't push the baby out the birth canal but can't the babies life be spared without much risk doing a C Section? I would think that's a better alternative to murder wouldn't you?
edit on 15-9-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
So a C Section is impossible? I understand you can't push the baby out the birth canal but can't the babies life be spared without much risk doing a C Section? I would think that's a better alternative to murder wouldn't you?

C sections scar the body. The girl is 11 years old for gods sake, even if she did bring the baby to term, she isnt mature enough to raise it, she's just a child herself, dont take away her life because of one incident that lead to pregnancy.
As for giving the baby away, why? What would be the point of bringing it to term just to give it away?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Not my call, but this falls under "rape", which in my book trumps my natural anti-abortion stance.

Too bad the guy's dead, though. I'd gladly make sure he lived a long, excruciatingly painful life drinking his meals out of a straw.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

What's wrong with people?

An 11 year old is stil a child, body and brain, and carry a baby to birth is a significant risk to her health.

As a parent you are responsible for taking the right decision, abortion.

I can't belive that anybody can suggest something else.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

That does not make you pro-Choice.

Forcing a girl to have an abortion is just as deplorable as forcing her to have the child.

Edit:
and I'm sorry, but eleven years olds do have children. Here's the data from 2009 by the CDC:

www.cdc.gov...

Note: it's in PDF format.
Excerp:

Declines in the rates have been widespread, with rates falling significantly in every age subgroup and reaching historic lows for the nation in 2009. The birth rate for the youngest age group, 10–14 years, was 0.5 births per 1,000, less than half of its level in 1991 (1.4 per 1,000). The number of babies born to 10-to 14-year-olds dropped to 5,029, the fewest since 1950 (5,021).

More info on teen births:

www.cdc.gov...

edit on 16-9-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone---->Forcing a girl to have an abortion is just as deplorable as forcing her to have the child.

No it's not.
There's a high risk that the pregnancy will do unrecoverable damage to her body.

Where i'm living that's common knowledge supported by research.

From Pixiefyre's post:

Nor are 10-, 11- and 12-year-olds remotely prepared to care for a baby, Wall said. But the risks are physical, as well. "The placenta preferentially will take nutrition from the mother, who really is a child," said Sherry Thomas, an ob/gyn at Mission Community Hospital in Panorama City, Calif. That means that the developing fetus will leach calcium and other nutrients from a child who should still be growing herself. Likewise, pregnancy puts a major strain on the cardiovascular system, according to Wall. Pregnant women have about 50 percent more blood circulating through their bodies compared with non-pregnant women. The greatest danger, however, is to the pelvic floor. Girls may start ovulating and menstruating as early as age 9, though the average is around 12 to 13. (Some studies suggest that the average age of first menstruation is dropping, but the data is not conclusive.) Just because a girl can get pregnant, though, doesn't mean she can safely deliver a baby. The pelvis does not fully widen until the late teens, meaning that young girls may not be able to push the baby through the birth canal. The results are horrific, said Wall and Thomas, who have both worked in Africa treating women in the aftermath of such labors. Girls may labor for days; many die. Their babies often don't survive labor either. The women and girls who do survive often develop fistulas, which are holes between the vaginal wall and the rectum or bladder. When the baby's head pushes down and gets stuck, it can cut portions of the mother's soft tissue between its skull and her pelvic bones. As a result, the tissue dies, and a hole forms. Feces and urine then leak through the hole and out of the vagina. Women with fistulas are often divorced and shunned. And young girls are at higher risk. "The younger you are, the more trauma will occur, because the pelvic floor isn't developed enough," Thomas said. In that way, she said, the young Colombian girl was fortunate to have access to a hospital that could provide a caesarean section. As growth tends to slow in girls once menstruation starts, a 10-year-old capable of getting pregnant is likely to be especially small, with a small pelvis, Wall said. And even if puberty onset is happening earlier (Wall isn't entirely convinced by the current data), pelvises are certainly not maturing any faster, he said. If puberty does occur earlier, that would put young girls at risk for dangerous pregnancies for a longer period of time. "It's heart-wrenching," Thomas said. "It's just overwhelming to see these young women pregnant and delivering."

and I'm sorry, but eleven years olds do have children.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that pregnancy isn't harmful to them.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

C sections scar the body. The girl is 11 years old for gods sake, even if she did bring the baby to term, she isnt mature enough to raise it, she's just a child herself, dont take away her life because of one incident that lead to pregnancy.
As for giving the baby away, why? What would be the point of bringing it to term just to give it away?

Oh I don't know MURDER maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Sure, but that doesn't mean that pregnancy isn't harmful to them.

Actually, pregnancy is risky to all females, teens and adults both.

And it's a huge generalization to say that pregnancy is harmful to ALL eleven year old girls.

It's called puberty. That's what puberty is for, to biologically prepare the body for pregnancy.

However, biologically, mentally, and emotionally are three different things. Just because a female can give birth doesn't mean they are properly mentally equipped to handle it.

That's why some babies are found in dumpsters, abandoned there by some ADULT female.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Dont get dramatic about it, The chances as that once the child is born you pro-lifers dont give a f**K about them. They become the least of your problems.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Congratulations on picking a one in a billion scenario. I don't believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion. I don't believe any govt or tax payer money should be used as payment if she decides to get one. But beyond that how does anyone know if her baby wouldn't grow up to be President? Or cure cancer? Or just be a wonderful human being in general? The swiftness with which many people will just throw away a human life upsets me.

How nice of you to concentrate on the unborn and not the child actually carrying the baby.

/sarcasm

I'm not wading into the abortion debate... I view that entire fiasco as a politically manufactured red herring whose sole purpose of existence is to demonstrate a difference between the two primary political parties, yet nothing will ever change law-wise unless the real people in power see the potential to gain more power via a legal change of course. Arguing abortion, in other words, is a freaking waste of time.

However, do you see a difference between being dead and being traumatized? Traumatization can be overcome and has been overcome by millions of people. Death, on the other hand, is pretty darn difficult to personally recover from. I'm in no way attempting to lessen what this little girl has experienced and will experience, but the fact is she is alive while the crux of the argument in this thread seems to revolve around the 'right' of this baby to even live. Mind you, two victims of the same assbrained mistake her mother made in a mate... Both the little girl and the baby she is carrying are victims.

There is no easy solution here but, one thing I've learned about lose-lose scenarios, it is pretty dang dumb to attack the views that don't align with your own because there is NO right or wrong answer.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
One man's story.

Ken’s Story: I Was Conceived in Rape, Don’t Kill Me in Abortion
www.lifenews.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Congratulations on picking a one in a billion scenario. I don't believe it should be illegal for her to get an abortion. I don't believe any govt or tax payer money should be used as payment if she decides to get one. But beyond that how does anyone know if her baby wouldn't grow up to be President? Or cure cancer? Or just be a wonderful human being in general? The swiftness with which many people will just throw away a human life upsets me.

How nice of you to concentrate on the unborn and not the child actually carrying the baby.

/sarcasm

I'm not wading into the abortion debate... I view that entire fiasco as a politically manufactured red herring whose sole purpose of existence is to demonstrate a difference between the two primary political parties, yet nothing will ever change law-wise unless the real people in power see the potential to gain more power via a legal change of course. Arguing abortion, in other words, is a freaking waste of time.

However, do you see a difference between being dead and being traumatized? Traumatization can be overcome and has been overcome by millions of people. Death, on the other hand, is pretty darn difficult to personally recover from. I'm in no way attempting to lessen what this little girl has experienced and will experience, but the fact is she is alive while the crux of the argument in this thread seems to revolve around the 'right' of this baby to even live. Mind you, two victims of the same assbrained mistake her mother made in a mate... Both the little girl and the baby she is carrying are victims.

There is no easy solution here but, one thing I've learned about lose-lose scenarios, it is pretty dang dumb to attack the views that don't align with your own because there is NO right or wrong answer.

I think "attack" is a pretty harsh way of viewing my comment, i was merely highlighting a narrow-minded train of thought, in which one's persons life is pretty much disregarded because they are growing a human life within them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Dont get dramatic about it, The chances as that once the child is born you pro-lifers dont give a f**K about them. They become the least of your problems.

Ironic you make such an asinine statement saying I don't give a f**k about the children when you flat out want to kill them.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ironic you make such an asinine statement saying I don't give a f**k about the children when you flat out want to kill them.

Oh, hello emotional blackmail, its been a while since you've tried to guilt trip me into thinking unreasonably.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh, hello emotional blackmail, its been a while since you've tried to guilt trip me into thinking unreasonably.

It's not a guilt trip. You said something unreasonable and I called you out on it. You believe in killing babies and I don't.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I say force the girl to have the child so she can grow up good and hopefully a whole generation of black people won't be stupid.

I'm not being racist. Many black people live this way on a regular basis. Ever spent time in a black bar where brothers and sisters are making out, and black men are bragging that they had sex with their mothers? In some circles, this is a normal occurrence yet to white America oh no.. you can't talk about that.. you must be mistaken. Trust me, this happens more often then you think and white America simply choose to ignore it.

These people need help and if forcing this stupid girl to grow up, then I'm all for it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's not a guilt trip. You said something unreasonable and I called you out on it. You believe in killing babies and I don't.

"You believe in killing babies" Yeah because its my favourite pas time to slaughter some babies then have a BBQ afterwards. /Sarcasm

You haven't called me out, but rather are trying to bate me into reacting angrily at your statements so that you may feel a sense of superiority in your inferior and illogical way of thinking.

I wonder if you could live with yourself if this 11 year old did indeed bring the child to term but died in the process, im sure you pro-lifers would see it as a victory for jesus or some sh!t and that would help you sleep at night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join