Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Terrorist Organization Compendium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Star(s) and flag for your time good sir. If I could give more I would.

I am now dying with anticipation for the next two parts of your series, especially the third. I am sure it will spur some lively debates.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Thank you for the valuable resource, now i wont have to spend hours sourcing similar information.

I coin the new term "Heff's Notes"

Added link to my signature for not only my use but others.

My only comment is a lot of religious based hate out there

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Nice thread, long but nice,

I like the way you have included a brief account of each of these groups.

What I would say is however that this is very much based on what the American’s regard as terrorist groups, different states will have a different list.

S&F

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm thinking I overreached on this one....

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Woah Meow!

Great thread Heff and a really good resource. I might have to use this in the debate forum

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice info.

i see like 80% if from middle east lol, are they terrorist because they hate America?

It also funny how, most of them became a "terrorist" group after Sep 2001. I guess rebel fighters and freedom fighters got added to this group as well.

It sucks how some turned into a terrorist group, i knew few of the groups started out as students protesting against inequality of the government, turned terrorist when government became a terror for them.
edit on 9/14/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I wonder if the Black Block would warrent a mention. They have played a signifcant role in the escalation of relatively peaceful riots into full blown panics.

Eg. Montreal Riots and Vancouver rights after the stanley cup loss and even Occupy movements i believe.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

They surely do merit a mention! There are also other groups that are forming or have recently formed but which were not in my reference material. I believe my FBI list was compiled in February of this year - and I am 100% personally certain that many groups were not listed due to a variety of reasons - legitimate and otherwise.

As time permits I plan to do a bit of deeper digging to try and find lists of the newer groups and those omitted due to political or intelligence reasons.

Funniest thing was researching domestic terrorism. A hot button issue to be sure, but all of the Federal links tend to list only racially motivated entities from the sixties. A laughable and obvious tactic to keep us from realizing that the newest laws, in reality, make many of us "subversives" without us even realizing it.

Oh, and one of my resources from Norway did inform me that one of their "terrorist" groups was Pirate bay. Imagine that... kids trading movies are now terrorists...

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Holy Crap...!

Set's his Scotch down and grabs his reading cheaters..

Great compilation of information.....

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Symbionese Liberation Army

The Symbionese Liberation Army (SLA) was an American self-styled, far left "urban guerrilla warfare group" that considered itself a revolutionary vanguard army. The group committed bank robberies, two murders, and other acts of violence between 1973 and 1975. Among their most notorious acts was the kidnapping and the brainwashing of the newspaper heiress Patty Hearst.

Are they still around?
I remember this broohaha..

They plastered pics of her doing a bank heist then she got a pardon {If I recall correctly} soon after a short stent simply because she was a Hearst. Anybody else would have done hard time
edit on 15-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I think they are defunct now - but oddly in the "Domestic terror" category the FBI seems to have left it, as is, from about 1972 and haven't updated it. I think that, in itself, is a conspiracy.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wow s+f , that's a lot of material

I'm assuming we are going by the definition of Terrorism that it's conventionally understood to be, the systematic use of violence and intimidation, principally against civilians, for political ends.
Though a pejorative term,some 'successful terrorists' have gone on to seats in office i might add

Anyway i'd love to contribute,it will be interesting to see what we come up with

edit on 15-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Starting with what I have left of my awake time tonight, and, then, tomorrow, I am going to try and make some time to find references to terrorist organizations that the FBI, CIA, and NSA don't seem to want American folks to be aware of.

I'll include those findings as soon as is possible.

~Heff

ETA: This next installment might take awhile. This compendium only covered about 70 organizations. In just one night of skeletal research on intelligence organizations... My list is already above 200. And THIS was a 20 part OP.

What the heck have I gotten myself into???
edit on 9/16/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join