It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS and NPR "reporters" caught coordinating Romney attacks in defense of Obama.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
WOW

Talk about Reds under the bed!!!

Do you really not believe this happens before every press conference no matter whoever is holding it?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's to be expected at this point from MSNBC, but what we see is all the other networks (included TAX PAYER FUNDED NPR), getting just as ridiculously partisan and biased. They are also more of a danger to the country, because their unified voice of partisanship will convince more people, due to the echo chamber.

It became so blatant to me during the 08 election, I just stopped watching CNN altogether. I just go around the dial sometimes when I want to see what the enemy is brewing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
WOW

Do you really not believe this happens before every press conference no matter whoever is holding it?

I was just talking to a friend of mine last night, and we both remembered how it came out during the Cold War how controlled the Pravda Ru was(the Soviet State run media) and we both said that it is now our American media which seems to be almost State run.
I believe George Orwell was trying to make this statement about State controlled media in his book "Nineteen Eighty Four".
edit on 13-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

they're interested in getting Romney for *GASP*, criticizing Obama. You see, this has been their narrative since Obama took office

Rachel Maddow's entire spin yesterday was in showing how the evil Romney was criticizing Obama(duh they are campaigning against each other and Obama attacks Romney all the time) on his statements about the embassy attacks, and she even tried to prove that other Republicans were on Obama's side.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
WOW

No, I think the press was interested in asking tough questions about bush's policies during his administration. Not attacking and trying to discredit his critics. If you have evidence otherwise, feel free to present it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Wookiep

Did you follow this years GOP primary? RNC? Do you still think Romney isn't backed by the MSM? I guess we'll just keep denying that the entire thing was a sham...

BOTH parties are backed by the MSM and both parties are total and complete sham.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yes, I completely think that. Romney does not have the backing from the MSM that Obama does. With the exception of Fox, they are all completely in the tank for Obama. Have you not seen the monologues Rachel Maddow does breaking down how evil Romney is and how wonderful Obama is, how horrid the GOP is, and how wonderful the Obama team is? You should lsten to her sometime. Totally biased in Obama direction.

CNN has talked ALL about Romney and nothing but Romney for the last year, and we're not talking "bad" press either. They even talked about him when he didn't win certain states. They gave Romney more airtime than any other candidate during the debates. The only thing Gloria Borger knows how to say is "MITT ROMNEY!" in that annoying squealing voice of hers. Really? You're not aware of this? Weird.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

CNN has talked ALL about Romney and nothing but Romney for the last year, and we're not talking "bad" press either. They even talked about him when he didn't win certain states. They gave Romney more airtime than any other candidate during the debates. The only thing Gloria Borger knows how to say is "MITT ROMNEY!" in that annoying squealing voice of hers. Really? You're not aware of this? Weird.

Can you give me an example of this extensive positive coverage of Romney by CNN? I haven't seen it and I'm a media hound. For that matter, name one right leaning personality on CNN. They're all left wingers and they all display the same double standards that we see from the entire MSM (Minus Fox)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Seriously?

Did you watch any of the GOP debates?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Why does this still shock people? They don't even try to hide it anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Seriously?

Yes, because they thought Romney would be easy to beat by Obama, and as soon as Romney wrapped up the nomination, they will attack him so that Obama beats him.
It's all very transparent to those that can pull their head out.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Seriously?

Yes, because they thought Romney would be easy to beat by Obama, and as soon as Romney wrapped up the nomination, they will attack him so that Obama beats him.

See, now this I wouldn't doubt at all, but doesn't this say anything to those pandering to the 2 parties? All major media outlets advertised Mitt Romney above all else and it doesn't take a genius to see it. The GOP primaries were entirely rigged backed by the MSM, all the way to the RNC and the GOP and Mitt Romney know it.

Whatever the agenda, both parties are on board with it. It's all an illusion. There is NO difference between the parties and this year proved it. The GOP further put the nail in the coffin by not allowing grassroots campaigns a voice this year and in 2016 and beyond. (by literally changing the rules) The Democratic party is no different, except they put the nail in a long time ago with Ralph Nader.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Seriously?

Right...

So, first they choose Romney. Then when both of their pawns are selected they destroy one. Pretty transparent if you are looking at this objectively.

They thought Romney would be easily beat by Obama? Umm.. duh.. that is the whole point! Romney is the fall guy giving you the illusion that you had a choice other than to have Obama as your next president. "CNN and friends" pumped Romney during the whole charade for this very reason during the GOP Primaries.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I see the Mitt Romney damage control spin campaign is kicking into high gear. Sounded to me those reporters were trying to make sure Romney answered a least ONE question without weaseling out of it.

Agreed.

And why wouldn't they try to get strait answers out of him?

Let’s see how Mitt handles questions he doesn’t like.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yawn....Republicans are crooks......HMMMM......yawn....democrats are crooks.......mmmmmm.....Yawn.....the MSM are crooked and play favorites..........YAWN!!!!!
Could some one wake me up when something new happens? Meanwhile I'm gonna go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So reporters know what questions they are going to ask, before they ask it? Damn Obama lackies.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
So reporters know what questions they are going to ask, before they ask it? Damn Obama lackies.

Why are they so interested in attacking Romney over being critical of Obama for a major screw up, during an election? Because they're doing Obama's damage control. Can you really not see this, or are you truly dense?

ABC, CBS, NBC Devote More Time (20 to 1) to Romney Flap Than Obama Mideast Mistakes

The Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) Wednesday evening newscasts devoted more than 9 minutes (9 minutes, 28 seconds) to the flap over Mitt Romney's statement criticizing the administration's handling of the Libyan crisis but spent just 25 seconds on questions regarding Barack Obama's Middle-East policy, a greater than 20-to-1 disparity.

NBC's Brian Williams opened the Nightly News telling viewers: "Romney is taking fire tonight for the way he went on the attack politically...somehow [Romney] wanted today to be about America apologizing for its values, even after it became clear today was about the death of an American ambassador and others." CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley dutifully noted: "Democrats said the governor had injected politics into a tragedy." Over on ABC's World News Diane Sawyer announced: "Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney under fire for comments he made about the upheaval as it was unfolding."

You gotta love on how they report on their own outrage as if it were a story. This is Orwellian folks.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Can you give me an example of this extensive positive coverage of Romney by CNN? I haven't seen it and I'm a media hound. For that matter, name one right leaning personality on CNN. They're all left wingers and they all display the same double standards that we see from the entire MSM (Minus Fox)

I used to think this way about 5 or 6 years ago, so I can understand why you see things from this perspective. But then I got deeply involved in supporting a candidate who the MSM REALLY didn't support/like and I learned a lot from it. The examples you are looking for with the media rallying behind Romney have gone on for well over a year. I watched every single debate and coverage on every single state primary. In fact, all of it was right here on ATS.

I could take the time and post every thread OR you could just read the thread in my signature. It says pretty much everything in a nutshell (although, be prepared for a long read because it was impossible to make that nutshell brief)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If he does need damage control, it's only because Obama's MSM has circled the wagons and convinced you that being critical of Obama is something to be avoided.

No...saying the President of the United States sympathized with people who killed Americans on foreign soil when he most certainly did not therby politicizing their deaths is to be avoided.

ETA: i dont know where you're getting the notion that Romney was simply being critical and that Romney is somehow the victim in this. Do you not even know what happened? It sounds like you don't...

Romney called it "disgraceful" for the administration to sympathize with the attackers as a first response to the attack. This is despite the fact that said response was from the Lybian embassy and was released BEFORE the attacks were made. In fact, the first response AFTER the attack was nothing but condemnation.

What's disgraceful is that Romney's first response was to use their deaths for his own political gain as HIS first response and to completely misrepresent what had actually happened. Whats worse is that you actually think this is all because Romney simply criticized Obamas foreign policy.

And please dont accuse me of being an Obama supporter as if that has anything to do with the validity of my argument. I most certainy am not.

edit on 13-9-2012 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Oh get real.
People attack FOX news because they are one of the most popular, but have zero credibility. They lie and spin like no other news station. There is nothing wrong with a group of reporters organizing to make sure an important question is asked. ESPECIALLY when FOX has been lying about this particular story to make Romney look good and Obama bad. It is fact that Romney mislead people saying Obama was sympathetic to the Muslims that were outraged while ignoring the death of Americans. In reality those statements, which weren't even made by Obama, but were unauthorized releases from American representatives in Egypt, were made before we had learned of the deaths.

So there is nothing wrong with making sure a question is asked whenever there is a chance that Romney might make sure a certain group aren't allowed to ask their question. This is just a flat out non story, but at least you can see what garbage journalism it is by including that Ari didn't stand for the pledge.

Non-story. Nothing wrong with making sure that an important topic is addressed.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
God, what is the point of this? Do you honestly think that it matters who gets elected? You think the men behind the curtains care. You point your finger at the other candidate that you don't like, and call him an idiot. The other side does the same to your candidate. And all this does is prevent you from doing anything on the REAL issues going on right now. I am astounded that there are some on ATS that willingly throw themselves into the political ring. WWE wrestling is more real than this reality show you are watching.
edit on 9/14/2012 by NativeZero because: Sorry, messed up the quote, just took it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join