It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS and NPR "reporters" caught coordinating Romney attacks in defense of Obama.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Who is still out there that doubts the MSM is fully behind Obama and the Democrats? I thought the media was supposed to be the 4th branch? Now they're just an extension of the Democrat party and Obama's re-election campaign. Where is the outrage? I constantly see people rage about Fox, yet they're the only one out there actually asking tough questions. whats the deal?

newsbusters.org...

The Right Scoop has posted video with an open microphone that shows the Romney press corps “coordinating questions to ask Romney," with CBS reporter Jan Crawford saying, “no matter who he calls on, we’re covered on the one question.” They wanted to make Romney take credit or walk back his statement condemning Obama weakness after the embassy attacks: “Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?” NPR’s Ari Shapiro – the one who won’t say the Pledge of Allegiance – is one of the reporters planning their agenda on the clip.

As one who worked in the White House, it should be said that reporters do sometimes coordinate to get a sense of what they want out of a press conference. But when has the public gotten a sense these journalists have done this to hold Obama accountable? (He didn't take questions this morning, so there could be no plotting today.)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: …pointing out that the Republicans… *unintelligible* …Obama….

CBS REPORTER: That’s the question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: *unintelligible*

CBS REPORTER: Yeah that’s the question. I would just say do you regret your question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Your question? Your statement?

CBS REPORTER: I mean your statement. Not even the tone, because then he can go off on…

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And then if he does, if we can just follow up and say ‘but this morning your answer is continuing to sound…’ – *becomes unintelligble*

CBS REPORTER: You can’t say that..

**Later**

CBS REPORTER: I’m just trying to make sure that we’re just talking about, no matter who he calls on we’re covered on the one question.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Do you stand by your statement or regret your statement?

edit on 13-9-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
What do you think journalist do? Do you think this is the first time that they coordinate questions....you my friend are drinking the cool-aid..And who does not think that the majority of the media isn't for Obama just as Fox is for the republican side of things...this is a non issue...See the problem is for people who are either on the far left or far right is that they can never justify another sides action if it makes there side look bad...bottom line Mitt was a stuttering dope when he was answering his questions....and for Obama to criticize Mitt for speaking speaking too quickly might I remind the Obama supporters that Obama has acted "stupidly" with respect to some of his comments in the past..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Are you saying the MSM is all for Obama?

I'm Shocked...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I see the Mitt Romney damage control spin campaign is kicking into high gear. Sounded to me those reporters were trying to make sure Romney answered a least ONE question without weaseling out of it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
wow!...trying to get something other that a vague answer out of romney , is now called an "ATTACK"...soon, we'll be seeing this on ATS as a thread topic:
"60 minutes brings romney into their gitmo studios and proceeds to waterboard him for answers"

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Did you follow this years GOP primary? RNC? Do you still think Romney isn't backed by the MSM? I guess we'll just keep denying that the entire thing was a sham...

BOTH parties are backed by the MSM and both parties are total and complete sham.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Who #ing cares?! If you honestly think your foux election means anything you are so blind it makes my head spin. Your election is a show, a reality show happening in real time. The differences in who you elect is literally which bribes from which corporations the guy takes.

International policy means jack when both Obama and Bush had flipped flopped on Iraq and Afghanistan. The only difference you will see is the gay marriage aspect or the abortion thing. Thats it.

The media has always picked sides depending on what channel your on.

Because people are stupid and build their beliefs from the tv.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
What do you think journalist do? Do you think this is the first time that they coordinate questions....you my friend are drinking the cool-aid..

where are their tough questions for Obama, his policy and his plans for what's unfolding in the middle East? No, instead he get political attacks from the white house, through the "press". Show me an example of this happening during the Bush administration. The press was much more interested in focusing like laser on bush back then.

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I see the Mitt Romney damage control spin campaign is kicking into high gear. Sounded to me those reporters were trying to make sure Romney answered a least ONE question without weaseling out of it.

That's the problem. they're only interested in tough question and getting answer from Obama's opponents. they're happy to gloss over ANYTHING that might cast a negative light on "The One". you left wingers are prefectly happy with government propaganda as long as it's a means to your ends.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

What do you think journalist do?

OH!? What do journalist do?

That depends.

If you are Obama he tells THEM what questions they can ask.

When he gives a conference that is, it is all scripted.

The White House is doing something with its local TV interviews that it could not easily get away with in encounters with the White House press corps, which President Obama has been studiously ignoring: choosing the topic about which President Obama and the reporter will talk.

In interviews with three local TV stations Monday, two from states critical to Obama’s reelection effort, Obama held forth on the possibility of “sequestration” if he and Congress fail to reach a budget deal, allowing him to make his favorite political point that Republicans are willing to cause grievous harm to the economy and jobs in order to protect the rich from tax increases.
www.whitehousedossier.com...
Obama Monday threw the White House press corps a bone by suddenly appearing in the briefing room for 22 minutes and taking questions from a total of four reporters. It was his first press conference at the White House – albeit in miniature – since March, and only his second of the year. Obama before Monday had taken exactly one substantive question from White House reporters since June.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
wow!...trying to get something other that a vague answer out of romney , is now called an "ATTACK"...soon, we'll be seeing this on ATS as a thread topic:

Yes, going after Romney for criticizing Obama is an attack. They're not interested in getting to the meat and substance of Obama's policies or how they may have affected the current situation. No, they're interested in getting Romney for *GASP*, criticizing Obama. You see, this has been their narrative since Obama took office. Questioning the president is above and beyond now.

I don't even like Romney. How can you lock step partisans not see how damaging this is to the country? You put party and Obama above all else.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If the situation was reversed and the democrat cheerleaders formerly known as the free press were actually coordinating their questions to hold Omama's feet to the fire on one of his many idiotic statements - they would of course be branded racist. With the media being what it is nowadays it's almost miraculous that any republicans get voted into office at all. Not that it really matters in the big picture since the republicans and democrats are constantly demonizing what the other "side" does while doing the exact same thing as the other "side" once they get elected. They are two sides of the same coin and all they both do is give us "bread and circuses".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Soros would be proud.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Why is anybody surprised by this?

The MSM and most media outlets are liberal.

That's why they always attack FOX News at every opportunity they can.

And why I never listen to the faux outrage whenever a liberal or anybody else gets upset at FOX News.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
At least Romney is standing up in front of reporters unlike the other guy who goes on E and Leno etc and weasles out of questions.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's fine...and Mitt made the mistake of not scripting his...what's your point? So the journalist (some of them) could have said during the scripted Obama press releases that they refuse to participate because it's scripted and miss out buy not getting any information or get information that they can use although it's useless...

Link to bottom article

"In an interview with Breitbart.com, Romney campaign spokesman Lenny Alcivar revealed the campaign’s plan to largely ignore the mainstream media journalists in favor of right-wing web sites.

From the beginning of the campaign, Romney has often avoided news outlets that might pose tough questions. The press called it “the Mittness Protection Program.”

Alcivar recently explained how the campaign will avoid journalists and communicate their message through Brietbart.com and the Drudge Report, which are far-right websites that reguarly post conspiracy theories such as the 'birther' movement:"

What's the difference having scripted questions or simply ignoring the media...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Obama Gaffes:

UNREAL… Obama Invites Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood President to Meet Next Week – Refuses to Meet Netanyahu
Posted by Jim Hoft
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

White House clarifies Obama’s statement that Egypt is not an ‘ally’
Posted By Josh Rogin
thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

Barack Obama Used Troop Deaths To Ding Bush, McCain Support For Iraq In 2008 By Andrew Kaczynski
www.buzzfeed.com...

WHERE IS THE MSM ON THESE GAFFES?
THEY ARE IN THE TANK FOR OBAMA

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

What exactly is Mit doing damage control on? Are you seriously suggesting that his totally legitimate criticism of the current administration requires damage control? REALLY?

If he does need damage control, it's only because Obama's MSM has circled the wagons and convinced you that being critical of Obama is something to be avoided.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

Did you follow this years GOP primary? RNC? Do you still think Romney isn't backed by the MSM? I guess we'll just keep denying that the entire thing was a sham...

BOTH parties are backed by the MSM and both parties are total and complete sham.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Yes, I completely think that. Romney does not have the backing from the MSM that Obama does. With the exception of Fox, they are all completely in the tank for Obama. Have you not seen the monologues Rachel Maddow does breaking down how evil Romney is and how wonderful Obama is, how horrid the GOP is, and how wonderful the Obama team is? You should lsten to her sometime. Totally biased in Obama direction.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's to be expected at this point from MSNBC, but what we see is all the other networks (included TAX PAYER FUNDED NPR), getting just as ridiculously partisan and biased. They are also more of a danger to the country, because their unified voice of partisanship will convince more people, due to the echo chamber.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Obama and his handlers are clearly trying to change decades of pro-Israel policy. Did I mention Valerie Jarrett is Iranian born?

www.westernjournalism.com...

And Sodahead posted a question asking if her Iranian roots could have something to do with Obama snubbing Netanyahu. Sure sounds plausible to me.

www.sodahead.com... 5073/

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join