It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People's lack of compassion make them ugly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The actual title of the article is "Your lack of compassion makes you ugly" but I decided to reword it so readers here wouldn't think I was bashing on 'them personally'.

This article really made sense to me and lots others. It shows just how some people view those on government benefits. Just to forewarn before reading, there are a few bad words scattered, but it's not overdone and it ...well it works. You'll see what I mean; like calling a car a "pos" car but pos spelled out.

Anyway, I have to agree with this article. I see too many on here if someone mentions they are homeless or on food stamps or what have you, these people attack them for daring to be online - as if the moment one is on foodstamps etc, they should be in an alley for life, eating from a dumpster, wearing sack cloth to prove they really need it.

^ Pretty much the gist of the article. I'll try to quote some here:

"....Think this is an exaggeration? Some Republicans are busily trying to make it a law that if you own a car of any description, you will be unable to receive SNAP benefits (that’s food for the poor, if you aren’t familiar with the term) until you sell that car. This plan is Rush Limbaugh-approved, so you know it is empathetic and fair and kind-hearted and rational. (Yeah…no.) So while you are struggling to find work, and being told that you need reliable transportation to be hired (try to find a decently compensated job that does not require employees to have their own transportation), and being scorned for being unemployed, Republicans want to take your personal transportation away (while blocking any public transportation-related programs, mind you) or deny you help with food. Nice people."

Here is the link to the article. I think it was well written and really should open eyes to people out there.

www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Rich people so mad.
So very mad.

BUT I can sort of understand it. US tax dollars go to a lot of stupid #, and the masses like to focus on welfare and such. They always have.

No one can say it is a perfect system. I personally know many people taking advantage of these systems, using YOUR tax dollars to buy more weed and video games. These people at least, however, look for employment and handle some responsibility. I know their are many who abuse the system far worse than even that. For example, I was behind a woman using food-stamps to buy TEN "crates" of sour punch straws. She had 3 kids, all of which were morbidly obese, as she herself was.
Should she be receiving benefits?

Welfare can and will always be abused. But lets not forget those who really need it. My girlfriend, in fact, receives food-stamps, and she has a car. She uses said car to attend full-time college courses in hope of getting a degree to get a job. (I don't have the heart to tell her college is a deceiving and lucrative business)
She has had a job her entire working life until now, on account of most local stores closing thanks to wall-mart and food-max.
Should she have her car taken?

There is no logical or reasonable way to make sure the system is not abused. But to take it away from those who abuse it is to also steal from good, hard-working Americans who need it. And really, with how much BS our tax dollars go to, welfare and other care packages should be the LEAST of our concerns.

To say those on food-stamps need to be kept poor is not ignorance. It is not just snobbishness. It is evil.
It is a desire to have what others do not, even if it means stealing what they have. Anyone who proposes this is not only a fool, but a bastardly one at that.

I do not expect any law or bill like this to pass, at least not while a reasonable number of people and media outlets are aware of it. The moment we forget, however, I fear they may rush some sort of legislation through.

Peace, love, and remember---
"Out of sight, out of mind."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

The problem with these programs is the fraud, wouldn't you agree? Also, I see where the article is going as far as this being a partisan issue...........which is EXACTLY how they want it to be!

I don't think most people have a problem with helping those in need. Notice I said MOST. However, look at the situation our country is facing. A lot of the middle class are losing that status and as they struggle they look at those who are receiving help as the problem, instead of looking at the criminals in Washington!

Isn't it much more easy to blame those who have nothing than go against the machine that most people refuse to acknowledge is responsible for this mess in the first place?

Hell, just look at how "entitlement programs" has become a dirty word, thanks to the MSM blaming them for our problems!!! I love to hear people blame entitlement programs! I ask them this simple question. "Well if you are paying for car insurance, and you have an accident, how would you feel if your insurance company said "We are sorry, we don't have enough money to help you out!""! Commence stuttering and all kinds of other nonsense spewing from their mouths! They have become so brainwashed by the MSM to believe entitlements are a freebie and they forget that people payed into them, just as people pay into an auto or medical policy!

The sad things is that the right wing says they are against this, and then the left says they are fighting for our poor souls, while behind closed doors they talk about how they are doing a great job keeping us so at each others throats that they can continue to screw all of us!

If they did away with entitlements would that stop them from stealing???? Not at all, they would just continue on as the locusts that they are and chew away at what is left over!

Don't fall into the trap and believe that there is a difference between the two parties! There are none! They are all puppets that work for the NWO bankers who want to bring this world under their control and eliminate as many of us as possible.

Someone put up a post yesterday.............

Don't Spread Love, You Will Be Assassinated

I think if you would look at some of these examples, you might see how the only power they have over us, is when they can keep us divided......

Just my two cents......

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is it lack of compassion or the stigmata of welfare that has been ingrained over the past decades?
When I was younger, welfare equated not to joblessness brought on by economic downturns, but rather the apparent 'inability' of people to take care of themselves. When I hear the word welfare the images of poverty and hopelessness automatically come to mind. These are images that have been portrayed my whole lifetime in both the MSM and every other form of communication. Of course we have been conditioned for this response, but within that conditioning lies the apparent lack of compassion this blogger is referring to. It is not right or wrong but it is human nature.
There is an old saying that goes something like this, Put 12 people into a locked room and, while they may not pick a leader, they will definitely pick someone to hate.

Sad but true.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
everyone's got that finger pointed somewhere, but this only leaves one functional hand to work with.

how can we be behind, yet expect to catch up like this?

less complaining, more action plz.

thnx!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Star for you.
Its nice to see some literacy and wit from someone around here.
I agree with you 99%, however, I don't think only the right-wing is the problem. Political parties are a tool to distract us, in my opinion, and claiming this is all their fault is as bad as their claim.
Of course you didn't blame it all on them, and I am not insinuating you did. It just alarms me how every debate comes down to republican vs democrat. It should be human vs corporate.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I admit that I was on foodstamps or that EBT card (whatever its called) when I had to stop working to have my first baby. I did it because my job at the time did not offer benefits and I needed extra income to support myself while I rested at home with my son. As soon as my surgery healed up, I was back at work and the stamps stopped coming in. There's different situations for different people and I can understand when someone goes through a hard time and has to be on assistance for a while.

Ive met women that pop out kids every year and count on the gov't to provide them a check because they feel like its easy money and they dont have to work.I have complete disrespect for someone like that. Get off the couch and find a job ! Luckily, I have an excellent career now and full benefits so I do feel blessed about that. I don't for one second feel embarrassed for getting benefits because the way I see it, it was my tax dollars paying ME back.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Putting money ahead of the health and well being of your fellow man is just plain evil. money is just paper it`s value fluctuates and at some point it will be worthless.if you claim that abortion is wrong because all life has value then why complain about having to give worthless paper to people to help them survive? Does that paper with george washingtons face on it have more value to you than a human life?

yes, some people do abuse the system but no more so than the politicians and corporations who abuse it for their own personal gains.how many welfare cheats does it take to equal the amount of money that just one corrupt politician or corporation steals?
welfare and foodstamp cheats are people who have practically nothing (relatively speaking) they are doing it to survive or maybe to make their life just a little bit easier.politicians and corporations are wealthy they cheat and abuse the system out of greed not to survive.
my point is that if you want to make a real difference then stop worrying about the people that are stealing nickles and dimes and go after the people who are walking out the back door with wheelbarrows full of $100 bills.

do we really need million dollar outhouses in some of our national parks? some of these outhouses that cost one million dollars to make are in such remote locations that they had to use helicopters to bring the building materials to the site because it just wasn`t possible for trucks to get there.

TPTB are sitting at the table having a feast and inciting us to fight each other for the crumbs.The sad part is that many people are buying into it.
I see a picture of a banquet table in a medevil castle with obese PTB sitting at the table and throwing crumbs to the rats that are scurrying around and fighting each other for the biggest crumbs.

new topics

top topics

join