It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Have Nothing to say

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Oh sorry I apologise, it has nothing whatsoever to do with spring, instead I can see clearly now that as you have already implied, its down to earthquakes...

excuse me while I go bang my head against a concrete wall.
edit on 13-9-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

Rather than simply not calling out for mates (which was what was implied earlier), they could merely be absent because they migrated.

They could also be dying due to a local disease or something.

Or it could all be a mere coincidence and actually nothing is really that different.

Anything is possible but at this time we cannot determine which is more likely since we don't know any facts about how many birds are in what location etc.

No need to bang your head against the wall.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

Oh sorry I apologise, it has nothing whatsoever to do with spring, instead I can see clearly now that as you have already implied, its down to earthquakes...

excuse me while I go bang my head against a concrete wall.
edit on 13-9-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

Rather than simply not calling out for mates (which was what was implied earlier), they could merely be absent because they migrated.

They could also be dying due to a local disease or something.

Or it could all be a mere coincidence and actually nothing is really that different.

Anything is possible but at this time we cannot determine which is more likely since we don't know any facts about how many birds are in what location etc.

No need to bang your head against the wall.

Yes anything is possible, however the OP states that there is no dawn chorus. Its also NOT spring. Using these two pieces of information and given that the dawn chorus is most active in springtime, common sense tells us its probably down to it not being spring. Its not that difficult grasp, seeing as the OP didn't mention disease or earth quake. Also if the birds have migrated that is also indirectly due to it not being spring a lot of birds migrate after they have all their mating done. Hence the saying "flying south for the summer"

Here is a link to news on a study that was done by researchers to find out why on a genetic/hormonal level birds sing in spring.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Birds stick out their chests for sex and territory, they are not that different to humans.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Tnx, virgin video poster very appreciatve.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

I am still sitting in silence. Seven hours.

If the local avian population bailed out South, they did it enmass.

Not discounting that as the potential here. But it is unnervingly silent.

We'll see what dusk brings. Perhaps tomorrow's dawn will be back to normal.

It's like someone put the critters on "mute".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
small clues sometimes add up. Just in case, birds acting normal here in eastern Ohio, in fact it was so loud I assumed they were begging for some feed and obliged.

If more people reported what's going on in their locality it would at the very least help out fall birders.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Come to south Florida..They sing all night long...Doves mostly

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Day 2, still eerily quiet.

I have a local species that sets up arout 300-500 feet apart. They sing their territory song. Pretty. And VERY loud. I call them the Good Morning birds. Cause they make roosters seem like distant radio stations. gone.

The doves-nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join