It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
The Ron Paul Excuse Club is even more awesome than the
Attack Obama Club

edit on 15-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

G Edward Griffin is talking about you and your Obama:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by thepresident
The Ron Paul Excuse Club is even more awesome than the
Attack Obama Club

edit on 15-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

G Edward Griffin is talking about you and your Obama:

That's not a good example for either 'Camp' IMO. I note how the monopolists are glossed over as a fancy word, either that, or that section is not shown?? I don't think RP would use that particular segment as a vote catcher anyway. I had already guessed that the last third would bring into play the issue of (1) colour, (2) their minor place in society, (he actually says black people) with presumably an unknown potential, (implied). Something to be very afraid of, (implied) blah blah. He still talks about 'corporations'...sorry, fecking great monopolies today, as if they were just a bunch of friends got together to make toy train sets and perambulators. I mean, does anybody really believe that stuff while watching, and chomping on their burger with artificial cheese included.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Well there ya have it... The bastion of ethics that everyone thought Paul was, has now been formally questioned with evidence supporting the fact that he is NOT what he makes himself out to be.

All the while he's saying "AUDIT THE FED!" He's also saying "... so you don't audit me instead!"

Ron Paul is a southern bible belt Baptist - - who is against individual rights.

He is no different then the REP extreme Right. Except how he packages his political beliefs.

People need to look closer. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Are you talking about yourself? If you looked closer, you'd realize Ron Paul is for individual liberties.

You mean the "ME" generation only caring about what affects them individually?

They wear tunnel vision rose colored glasses and see only what they want to.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee.. Ron Paul is the only candidate that supports individual rights.
Far more than Obama who told the gay population that he "supports" them and then doing nothing for them. Actually he took the stance of "leaving it up to the states" which as you may not be aware was Ron Paul's long time stance except when he says it liberals think it's a bad thing.

If you want marriage equality and an end to attacks on women's freedom to choose you would be supporting Ron Paul. Time to do real research and not listen to other people.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Annee

Annee.. Ron Paul is the only candidate that supports individual rights.

And individual rights in a population of 312+ million people means what?

Sorry - but state rights for anything beyond differing geological and economical needs - - belongs back in the 1700s (estimate) when it was implemented.

If you want marriage equality and an end to attacks on women's freedom to choose you would be supporting Ron Paul. Time to do real research and not listen to other people.

Are you out of your mind? Ron Paul is a fundamental southern Baptist who voted against everything that had to do with women's rights.

Oh! That's right - - us women can just pick and choose the states that do support women's rights. What a joke!

I know how things were before the Fair Housing Act - Civil Rights Act - Disability Act. I witnessed how people formed their little "same thought" communities and excluded any undesirable. No thanks!

I don't listen to people. That's why my viewpoint is independent and I'm not following the Ron Paul "rose colored glasses" crowd.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

And the NDAA means exactly what to you personally? I take it you support Obama? Thats cool, I mean whatever, but it is laughable that you state Ron Paul isn't for your personal freedoms.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by Annee

And the NDAA means exactly what to you personally? I take it you support Obama? Thats cool, I mean whatever, but it is laughable that you state Ron Paul isn't for your personal freedoms.

What does the NDAA have to do with this? Oh - let me guess. That is YOUR "individual" little Pet Peeve.

Reminds me of the Occupy movement. "WE" are all unhappy. Of course there is no leader - - because we are "individually" unhappy because "ME" "ME "ME" - - - has my own little Pet Peeve.

I like Obama because he is a methodical thinker. Not because I agree with everything he does. I relate to methodical thinking. Its that simple.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

What does the NDAA have to do with this? Oh - let me guess. That is YOUR "individual" little Pet Peeve.

Reminds me of the Occupy movement. "WE" are all unhappy. Of course there is no leader - - because we are "individually" unhappy because "ME" "ME "ME" - - - has my own little Pet Peeve.

I like Obama because he is a methodical thinker. Not because I agree with everything he does. I relate to methodical thinking. Its that simple.

NDAA does deal with your personal freedoms. Not any one individuals. Not even sure what you are talking about when you say me,me,me. It just makes you look foolish. Not sure how reminding you of the NDAA makes you think of Occupy?

So how does his methodical thinking get us to Libya, extending the Patriot Act, keeping Guantanamo open, going after medical marijuana patients in California and the NDAA? At this point it is obvious you have no answer for this. But hey, he is methodical, whatever that means.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the last chance America has before you all end up dead by wars or starving on the streets and you are seriously calling Ron Paul out of something his accountant did??

Everyone has accountants, they are too busy to do it themselves, most people can't even work out most of this tax stuff. So he will have never looked it over himself.

From what I hear Ron Paul is not even in the running any more, Goodbye America, nice knowing you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

NDAA does deal with your personal freedoms. Not any one individuals. Not even sure what you are talking about when you say me,me,me. It just makes you look foolish. Not sure how reminding you of the NDAA makes you think of Occupy?

ALL depends on your own individual viewpoint. And what you fear.

If you don't get the "ME" "ME" "ME" - - I can't help you.

I do not discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

Ron Paul is a fundamental Southern Baptist. His belief's are rooted in his religious beliefs. I would not want to live in the his state if he was in charge. I 100% support separation of church and state.

I related to Obama as a methodical thinker. I am not going to argue or support his positions here - - as I do not discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So how does his methodical thinking get us to Libya, extending the Patriot Act, keeping Guantanamo open, going after medical marijuana patients in California and the NDAA? At this point it is obvious you have no answer for this. But hey, he is methodical, whatever that means.

From my perspective you are showing your own personal fears.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

OK. Have a nice evening.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
And Obamas the messiah who doesnt read from a telapromtor and bush was a genius and never lied about Iraq and Clinton was a virgin during his reign.

*insert is that obvious sarcasm comment here* what a load of horse sh¡T

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I do not discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

Ron Paul is a fundamental Southern Baptist. His belief's are rooted in his religious beliefs. I would not want to live in the his state if he was in charge. I 100% support separation of church and state.

I related to Obama as a methodical thinker. I am not going to argue or support his positions here - - as I do not discuss my political beliefs on ATS.

A little incongruity there with what you say and what you do?? Perhaps it explains why your statements about Paul's political beliefs are a bit far afield, since you don't actually take an active interest in the subject.

I have tried to think of instances where Paul's political statements and beliefs are colored by christian fundamentalism and come up mostly blank, zilch. His pro-life stance is consistent with the Republican Party in general, consistent with religious many beliefs as well, but I tend to think his Physician's Oath and his practice as an obstetrician are more at the root of that. His libertarian social policies in no way seem in line with christian fundamentalism, very much to the contrary.

I think the RNC would be more likely to fully adopt Ron Paul's political philosophy than a fellowship of fundamentalists to accept his social policies.

edit on 16-9-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

A little incongruity there with what you say and what you do?? Perhaps it explains why your statements about Paul's political beliefs are a bit far afield, since you don't actually take an active interest in the subject.

Not really.

Follow his voting record on women's rights - abortion - gay rights. They align with religious belief.

As stated - - I lived before Federal Housing Rights. I know how things were when people could keep people out because they had different belief - different race - different culture etc. I speak from known experience. Its not my politics - - its real life experience.

State rights - - such as marriage rights are based purely on discrimination. State marriage rights were to keep undesirables out of the community.

This is fact. This creates division.

There is a place for State Rights that is related to geological and economic differences.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Not quite and NO I am not out of my mind.
You have to actually look at what he says and how he has worked.
He has to be very careful when he has to appease a core of social conservatives. In reality he doesn't think the gay marriage or abortion issues should be federal issues so he has no desire to deprive anyone of their rights.
He may be personally opposed to abortion and marriage equality, but it honestly doesn't matter because he won't violate his principles as a constitutionalist. If you want to see actual CHANGE support someone that gives the power back to the people (via the states) than leaving the control in the hands of corporations and rich people by leaving it to congress and the federal government.

I am sorry you are very wrong if you think that leaving it to the states is an obsolete idea. The fact is the government has gotten waaay too large. You may want some of your pet issues to reside in limbo eternally, but we don't. We want to give them to the states so we don't have people (like you in this instance) voting for poor candidates based on pet issues. Ron Paul's religion plays no part in his policy or platform yet you bring it up like it does.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

"his beliefs are rooted in his religious beliefs" That doesn't really make sense.

It is however, just absolute garbage annee. You are better than that. You are prejudging a bit here.

Paul does not allow his religion to dictate his platform.

Actually watch this, tell me you disagree with this baptist on this topic:

So he supported gay marriage to the same degree (actually more so than Obama), but Obama gets praise for giving the SAME EXACT ANSWER. Gay people are crying about how proud of their president they are when they should be insulted by his halfassedness. He says he supports them, but that's it, no action. Ron Paul however is saying take government out of it which would allow all to be married by whatever church will marry them and that IS EXACTLY WHAT GAY PEOPLE WANT.
edit on 16-9-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

In reality he doesn't think the gay marriage or abortion issues should be federal issues so he has no desire to deprive anyone of their rights.

Can you twist that any more?

To make it fit what you want it to fit?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Ron Paul however is saying take government out of it which would allow all to be married by whatever church will marry them and that IS EXACTLY WHAT GAY PEOPLE WANT.

That is such BS. Doubt you'd find many gays who agree with you.

Personal Rights should be Federal not state. They should be Equal Federally - - - not decided by personal opinion per state.

Everyone in this country should have the same exact Equal Rights of Marriage - abortion - health care - birth control - - etc. That can only be under Federal rule.

As I stated - - there should definitely be some things that only states can determine. Personal Equal Rights is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

Well sounds like you're fresh out of luck then now that Ron's not running as a 3rd party candidate.

It's very disappointing in the grand scheme of things.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join