It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

That is interesting and certainly puts a differing spin on things. I would ask though, why bother to smear him? It seems to be painfully clear that he won't be the next President.......

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Why did they not let him speak at the convention or count his votes from delegates at the gop convention? He really at that point had no chance, correct.

Power, control and narcissism- Imo.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Look at Flock's picture- (link below) she looks like a wild eyed witch, (no disrepect meant for wiccan intended). She works for a liberal rag, she lives in DC and is from....wait for it.... CHICAGO!

Does that give you some idea of where her loyalties lie?

I tell you, the lies are getting ridiculous, just shows their desperation.

www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't care if he triple booked, what I care about is his voting record.

Double booking travel charges is nothing compared to what the ObamNey ticket is going to bill the American Tax payer on behalf of lobbyist and special interest groups.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Come over here you have something..on...your face. Oh its egg. Here you go.

Its not too late to edit in your favor. Pretend you posted with the pretext of exposing the lie instead of what really happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

You are probably correct there. However, as he (in terms of power) isn't really going anywhere, why bother to smear him? Seems a waste of effort when a smear campaign should be targeting Romney (from the Democrat POV).

So basically we are now left with it is either still true (demonstrating corruption, albeit on a very small scale) or it is one of the most pointless smear campaigns in history. And if it is a smear campaign, very public apologies and a banning from political involvement should be the result.

link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Thanks ATS...

It appears that this IS indeed a "Hit piece"...

This is what ATS is for.... rooting out these situations.... thanks again!

Yes, this topic is right up there with "trolling for religious posts" and "trolling for chemtrail posts" and "trolling for 9-11" posts.

It seems all you have to do it troll correctly to get those all mighty points.

But you sure did hit it here, almost $2000 in double billing over 20 years! Absolutely the most corrupt thing I believe I have ever heard of coming out of Washington D.C.

you sir, are a real class act.

link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Although there will always be those who worship or condone I really think many RP people including myself have gotten a bad wrap and in no way idolize RP the man, speaking for myself I doubt everyone, but what RP represents is a real change in US policy and a return to the standards that allowed a good wage and the ability to save as well as to live life under the promise of the constitution which was one of the most brilliant pieces ever written for humanity. He was not the answer but was headed in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What matters to me is not what the media company reported, nor the author's demonstrated penchant for being less than journalistic, nor the editorial process which placed this article when and how it did.

What concerns me is why now? Are they STILL concerned about the 'movement' that Dr. Paul is trying to start? They media-massaged reality and made him an untenable candidate; they misrepresented his positions, the created a narrative to support their ken-doll candidate and then they ignored him... and STILL this stream of stuff comes out under such inflammatory headlines?

Why? To what end?

I suppose we can only enter into conjecture about it. I wonder if they are concerned about exactly how much they will have to manipulate the election to prove that conservative "Americans" don't want Paul in the mix. They continue to attempt to tell us "what we think." You have to love Madison Avenue social engineering for it's presumptuous hubris.

If he spent the last decades bleeding two or three thousand dollars from the tax-paying crowd I have to say - this must be a man with no ambition. Nearly every other politician comes away from office 500% richer than when they went in... evidently, the meagerness of Paul's "corruption" is an insult to the club.

I wonder when the next hit piece will come out saying that Paul is a racist and white supremest.... you have to know that will be next... it's the only issue that half the voting public is afraid to even ponder...

Since many USA Today readers consider a list of headlines as "news" I'm sure the intended audience will walk away thinking that Ron Paul is another Manuel Noriega.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well, I guess your belief is your belief. But let me tell you something, If you KNEW Ron Paul like us, you would know whats up. Either he was framed, or this is true. NOW remember Ron Paul, the guy who was CONSTANTLY being BASHED by the mainstream media? saying he CANT win, he got SO popular he was winning in poles!! Even CNN! They then changed rules at the RNC so Ron Paul COULDN'T win. THEY ARE SCARED OF HIM!! This being said, even if this was true then he CURTAINLY isn't the "Most Corrupt politician" Because Barry Soetoro (AKA Barak Obama) Has whipin the constitution like a slave, and striping it of its powers. Mitt Romney just CHEATED in what could be the most important election in the HISTORY OF AMERICA!!! Also both of them should be out of the race, because they break alot of rules.
My opinion- FAKE!!
JUST LIKE when the mainsteam media said he dropped out of the race... SMH.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

paul.house.gov...

How do we reconcile that report with the one above?

Washington, DC: Congressman Ron Paul has returned $141,580 of unspent office funds to the US Treasury. This represents just over 9% of the total office funds, and an increase over the $100,000 returned last year.

"Since my first year in Congress I have managed my office in a frugal manner, instructing staff to provide the greatest possible service to the people of the 14th district at the least possible cost to taxpayers," said Paul.

The surplus funds are intended to go towards paying down the national debt.

It's interesting that this is probably just hit piece on Ron Paul.
When we see the facts we will know the truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Of course. He is a rich man. He is entitled to it because he is one the smart ones who got rich all on his own. When people believe that about themselves, they can justify their actions as righteous and while the "others" are cheaters.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Last minute attempt to discredit the only decent man in government.

TPTB must be worried that hes gonna run 3rd Party or that people will write him in.

Yah Ron Paul is the "most corrupt", mm hmm.

edit on 13-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Well there ya have it... The bastion of ethics that everyone thought Paul was, has now been formally questioned with evidence supporting the fact that he is NOT what he makes himself out to be.

All the while he's saying "AUDIT THE FED!" He's also saying "... so you don't audit me instead!"

Ron Paul is a southern bible belt Baptist - - who is against individual rights.

He is no different then the REP extreme Right. Except how he packages his political beliefs.

People need to look closer. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
CREW - is a Left Wing - Soros backed smear outfit.

"CREW is funded by a long list of left-wing organizations and foundations.

George Soros’ Open Society Institute gave $250,000 to CREW in 2008, which reported revenue of $3 million and a staff of 13 employees that year. Soros is a well-known funder of left-wing nonprofit groups. Other beneficiaries of Soros' money include: the Center for American Progress, Media Matters for America, America Coming Together, and MoveOn.org."

activistcash.com...

edit on 13-9-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by jimmyx

Though, off-topic, how has the rapid expansion of the money supply helped the average middle class american?

Back to the original topic ..if anyone bothered looking up the facts here they would find the sum to fall under the category of an error.

Let's round up to $2000 USD.

Nancy Pelosi spent $2,000,000 gallivanting around in a jet over a 2 year period.

2000/2,000,000 = One One-Hundredth of One Percent (.001) EDIT: Tenth of One Percent - my bad!!

But let's be fair. She needed that jet. Let's just use the statistics of what HER AND HER FAMILY ATE AND DRANK WHILE ON THOSE FLIGHTS. She somehow spent over $100,000 during these flights.

2000/100,000 = Two percent. (.02)

Link

Get your head out of the sand. None of these people care about you. Obama doesn't give a # about you or the perceived middle class.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

pelosi was 3rd in line to the presidency as speaker of the house, and for private trips she has to reimburse the goverment by law. i guess since she was just a democratic woman in congress she should have just stayed in washington and baked cookies.
my son who is now 25 has been on our insurance policy since that law was passed...he is now out of college, and is working at a full time job that has medical benefits, so we were able to drop him off our policy....obama... how did you so eloquently put it... "gave a s**t" about my son, and we as middle class parents were glad he was covered for that time. it saved us a few bucks...you know...like the wealthy want to save themselves a few bucks with tax cuts.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

First of all, this allegation was made back around February. Ron Paul's people dealt with it then. I knew that I had seen this story before. Why is it resurfacing?

Look at this logically. For someone who is known for returning most of his Congressional salary to then turn around and double-bill, does not follow. He could simply keep more of his salary for himself if he wanted more money.

This is a non-story, it is obviously unsubstantiated, and the writer of the article clearly has a history of very poor journalism.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
You know guys this doesn't even have to be true..

People are quick to take accusations as fact when they are in the media.

I smell a ploy to discredit him... and even if this is true, he is far from the most corrupt politician

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
He's a politician, what do you expect?

Wait for the excuse - clerical error.

Why come up for an excuse when you could just wait for the administration to respond to this

Or.....

Let's do some research
Oh here we go

optimiskeptic.com...

This should prove to be a message for everyone jumping on the political or partisan bandwagon

Don't knee-jerk a response
I'm not talking about you Crackeur, I only quoted you for what you posted to begin my reply

Research first everyone, then respond

Nobody should have posted pro-comments or anti-comments
Everyone should have said... Let's wait for more information!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Great. I hope you are planning for his future well when inflation remains over 5% annualized in the coming decades. Thank god he had this insurance though in the mean time. (we will forgive him for NDAA and extending the patriot act though..)

Btw, I'm genuinely happy your son can be healthy - but I am showing you that there are consequences for all actions. In the long run the things that are happening in the current administration(s) are a detriment to the future of this country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join