It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Their full 'most corrupt' list -

Rep Ron Andrews (D - NJ)
Rep. Tim Bishop (D - NY)
Rep. Paul Braun (R- GA)
Rep. Vern Buchanan (R- FL)
Rep. Michael Grimm (R NY)
Rep. Greg Meeks (D - NY)
Rep. Laura Richardson (D- CA)
Rep. David Riviera (R- FL)
Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY)
Rep. Cliff Sterns (R-FL)
Sen. David VItter (R-LA)
Rep. Don Young (R-AK)

Ron Paul was on the 'dishonorable mention' list - not the 'most corrupt' list.
So why isn't Nancy Pelosi on the list?
And what was the criteria used to judge who was most corrupt and who wasn't?

link   
Very interesting, post, while I have not favors for any political whore in Washington as all of them are corrupted, I have to say that I found something very odd about the so call Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

If you think Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington is a "non-profit, non-partisan" watchdog group, think again.In reality, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) is a left-wing attack dog masquerading as a "non-partisan watchdog."

activistcash.com...

You be the judge.

Actually with so much dirty politics going around in election year I will not dismiss possible agendas.

link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
reply to post by HunkaHunka

did you read the source?

this is about $1700 since October 2000.

$230 in October 2000

and then

$1480 in February 2005

That's all they got on him? weak...

That's really corrupt to cheat on two flights in the last 10 years... He must not be that corrupt or he would know to cheat more than $1700...
edit on 9/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

This $1700 could have been used to facilitate more underhanded action in the middle east. I am surprised more people aren't outraged by this offense.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So why isn't Nancy Pelosi on the list?

More importantly, why isnt Barack Hussein Obama on the list?

link   
I don't know. Double-billing for airline flights is a pretty corrupt thing. It's gotta be WAY worse than selling out to the Fed, and Monsanto, and BP, and allowing your citizens to be spied upon by domestic agencies and detained "for the duration" by the armed forces and such. I know no one here would ever do such a thing, whether accidentally deliberately.

Are you ****ing kidding me? Far more money has been stolen by the Tea Party in "franking" privileges....

link   
Sure..... RP would double dip 50k in travel funds when he gives back 150k in unused office expenses every year.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
As a non American, i am finding this thread very funny to be honest. Democrat and Republican supporters bashing each other over who is more corrupt!

As an outsider, my take is simple. Ron Paul has cheated the system. That said, he doesn't appear to have sold himself out, like most other politicians (regardless of nation).

Can he held up still as a paragon of virtue? No, not really.

Should he be pilloried for this? No, not really - in the grand scheme of politician corruption, this is small fry.

Conclusion? Messed up his hard won image quite badly but not fatally.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Hahahaa!!
Double billing. Isn't that common practice among politiciens. I rather he double bill than start war mongering. Ok, lets see, Obama, I don't know but he might not be an American citizen that continued Bush's agenda. And Romney who buys a company with the false pretext of saving said company, then lays everybody off and liquidates everything...he did that many many times to his own people none the less. Now, from what I can tell, he's pretty keen on Chinese slave labour camps. Seems to me Paul still comes out on top.
edit on 13-9-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
"Most corrupt" and all they have on him is double billing.

Find me someone in congress who doesn't do that and worse

This is a poor hit piece really.

You're right that he's probably not exactly who we want him to be. Still, he is miles better than almost anyone else in congress.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

yeah...right...he only has a minor corruption problem, so he's alot better then most...i wonder if he'll put that in his next political ad. Obama is looking better all the time, at least we know he's trying to help the middle class, where, for the last 4 years, republicans haven't given a damn about them.
edit on 13-9-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Im frankly offended by this article and its conclusions. How stupid do these people think we are? I dont know what else to say, its not really worth putting a lot of my time into refuting nonsense, besides others before me in this thread have done so quite eloquently.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Update to the article linked in the OP

Update, 3:13 p.m.: Paul’s office says it declines to comment on the CREW report, and referred Whispers back to the comment given to Roll Call in February. At the time, Paul’s spokesman Jesse Benton denied the congressman was reimbursed multiple times for the same trips, saying "absolutely zero taxpayer funds were ever misused." Benton also said it was "possible that wholly inadvertent errors were made in a handful of instances.”

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is the best they got on old uncle Ron?
Pathetic seriously pathetic

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Clearly the work of the mysterious, unidentifiable ghost writers in Dr. Paul's employ, for whom he's in no way responsible but don't you dare ask questions about.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Thanks ATS...

It appears that this IS indeed a "Hit piece"...

This is what ATS is for.... rooting out these situations.... thanks again!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
This is the best they got on old uncle Ron?
Pathetic seriously pathetic

That is the thing though, isn't it? It isn't actually pathetic, it is a demonstration of fiddling the system. Yes it is small fry and that is why his reputation will not suffer as serious a hit as it could do.

I honestly believe it may even have been oversight rather than willful fraud (which is what it amounts to). However, the fact is that here is yet another politician who is shown to have abused the system (willingly or not). As a man that stands on his principles, this is a serious knock to his reputation and therefore not pathetic at all.

In terms of corruption, it is pathetic. However, it is still corrupt behaviour.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Though, off-topic, how has the rapid expansion of the money supply helped the average middle class american?

Back to the original topic ..if anyone bothered looking up the facts here they would find the sum to fall under the category of an error.

Let's round up to $2000 USD.

Nancy Pelosi spent $2,000,000 gallivanting around in a jet over a 2 year period.

2000/2,000,000 = One One-Hundredth of One Percent (.001) EDIT: Tenth of One Percent - my bad!!

But let's be fair. She needed that jet. Let's just use the statistics of what HER AND HER FAMILY ATE AND DRANK WHILE ON THOSE FLIGHTS. She somehow spent over $100,000 during these flights.

2000/100,000 = Two percent. (.02)

Link

Get your head out of the sand. None of these people care about you. Obama doesn't give a # about you or the perceived middle class.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The writer of the article, Elisabeth Flock, may be worth googling.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I see our beloved Hal Rogers made the list. Everone in kentucky know's he is corrupt.he own's everything in Pike county.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Then how come he returns his surplus of budget back every year?

The only person to do so.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
By the way, here is a great article about this piece that ties the entire story together well, Imo. Article covers "CREW" and their agenda.

Then I discovered something else that caused me concern: CREW’s sources of implied “double-billing” boiled down to one single source: Jonathan Strong at Roll Call. This was the same back-up source Ms. Flock used in her article. As it turns out, Ms. Flock was not using this as a back-up source, but rather all implications of Ron Paul’s corrupt dealings boiled down to a single source: Jonathan Strong.

Linkage
edit on 13-9-2012 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join