It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Ron Paul One Of The Most Corrupt Members Of Congress, Report Finds

Link USNEWS

Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul has been named one of the most corrupt members of Congress in a new report from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics.

The report says Paul "double-billed" his travel expenses a number of times over the last decade, meaning he may have been reimbursed for the same flights both under his official allowance as congressman, and by either non-profit groups under his control or his campaign committee.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 13-9-2012 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well there ya have it... The bastion of ethics that everyone thought Paul was, has now been formally questioned with evidence supporting the fact that he is NOT what he makes himself out to be.

All the while he's saying "AUDIT THE FED!" He's also saying "... so you don't audit me instead!"

So ATS, what are your thoughts on this? Is this made up to make him look bad? Hardly.. there is actual data and evidence. Is this really not his fault but his accountants? Hardly, it's his job to ensure that he hires ethical people.

I'm glad that we are exposing the corruption in the congress, starting with one of THE MOST CORRUPT... Ron Paul.

Link to USNEWS
(visit the link for the full news article)

UPDATE: Yes, this appears to be mostly a hit piece. As pointed out in this thread, the actual report the article is based on doesn't even show him on the list of most corrupt congressmen. ATS wins again!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
He's a politician, what do you expect?

Wait for the excuse - clerical error.

+11 more 
link   
framed obviously.
they'll do anything to discredit him and they will NEVER audit the fed.

+88 more 
link   
"Most corrupt" and all they have on him is double billing.

Find me someone in congress who doesn't do that and worse

This is a poor hit piece really.

You're right that he's probably not exactly who we want him to be. Still, he is miles better than almost anyone else in congress.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
herp derp

I do not doubt for one second that Jessie Benton, or whomever was running the show, made clerical errors relating to flights. I really doubt RP was doing line by line accounting for his campaign or congressional seat. But to call him one of the most corrupt members of congress? haha. sure.. ok

Let's see who penned this article you are referencing...................................................

Washington Post Writer Elizabeth Flock Resigns After Editor's Note Claims 'Significant Ethical Lapse'

This is not the first time that an editor's note has been added to Flock's post. In December 2011, Flock came under fire for a post she wrote titled, "Mitt Romney is using a KKK slogan in his speeches." The editor's note above that piece stated that the post "contains multiple, serious factual errors that undermine its premise." The note also acknowledges that The Post "should have contacted [GOP candidate Mitt Romney's] campaign for comment before publication." A blog post of a similar nature resulted in MSNBC issuing a formal apology to Romney. MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts picked up a story from blogger Joh Aravosis, who wrote that Romney's slogan "Keep America American" was one that happened to be used by the KKK in the 1920s. Roberts called the phrase "a central theme" and "rallying cry" for the notorious group. MSNBC's Chris Matthews formally apologized to Romney, calling the report a mistake. After her resignation, Flock told Poynter that she "enjoyed online reporting" but "always sought a pure reporting position over one that involves aggregation."

link

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Knit Picking Alert! This coming from people who dont even know where their president was born.

If anything this would make me support him even more. You think these tactics dont grow old? Think people cant spot a disinfo piece when they see one?

Poor effort.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
'A number of times' is the hit piece way of saying 'less than ten'

Show me the true data.

BTW- RP returns his salary every year to the tune of over 100K. Explain that bit of corruption.
edit on 13-9-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

link   
Thats not corruption, thats just cheating. Find proof that his vote has been bought or something of real substance and then come back and make a thread.

+17 more 
link   
I have to call major bull dookie here.
Firstly, the most corrupt?

Coming from USNews?
What a joke.
He double billed trips?
And that makes him the most corrupt?

So, anything they can find against the man and now it's "most corrupt"?
There's no misuse of taxpayer money for said trips.
Most importantly:
There are no lobbyists that can pay him off.
Lobbyists that are paid, to pay off, all your friendly legislators.
In my eyes, if you take money from someone to sway your vote, you are corrupt.
So that means, inadvertently, that 98% of CONgress is corrupt.

Not Dr. Paul.

What a load of hogwash.
Coming from the source I didn't expect much else.

+16 more 
link   
Nice hit piece from a Soros funded organization.
Gawd, I love politics.

DiscoverTheNetwork.org

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

did you read the source?

this is about $1700 since October 2000.

$230 in October 2000

and then

$1480 in February 2005

That's all they got on him? weak...

That's really corrupt to cheat on two flights in the last 10 years... He must not be that corrupt or he would know to cheat more than $1700...
edit on 9/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   
This come to light about a yr ago. I thought he said that he would pay back the reimbursement if it was shown where this happened.

But really the main point is that do you really think the most corrupt politician is getting paid twice for airfare. Really.....

link   
If you continue reading to the comments section, you'll notice someone mention the report is titled ''Most corrupt", but doesn't actually list Ron Paul in the 'most corrupt' category. The author of the article basically offers no retort once this has been brought up. Additionally she had to resign from the Washington post in April for what amounted to aggregation and poor research.

Still, I think Ron Paul could do with clearing this issue up regarding his expenses. A similar scandal happened in the UK which ended up in prison terms for some MP's.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yeah I remember this story. The articule doesn't give any evidence that he used that money. If they can show me where money was taken, then I'll take another look at this.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I support Ron Pauls ideas and principles but I cant stand the worship of the person Ron Paul. Worshipping politicians is so anti-Libertarian. So I really wouldnt expect him to have a clean slate. No human being has a clean slate. Its time to stop viewing politicians as either messiahs or devils and instead look at the issues that need to be done.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If "double-billing" over the past several years is all they have on Ron Paul, then that makes him a saint and the gold-standard for honest politician in comparison to all other Congress members. We have far more insidious forms of corruption taking place in Congress, we can start with the level of insider trading taking place and the corruption between lawmakers and lobbyists and kickbacks for favorable laws.

I don't think this group can even begin to understand just how corrupt Congress is.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
All your post shows is exactly what your agenda really is OP.

The GOP want to be careful starting a smear campaign against Ron Paul...i have a feeling he would be more than expecting such a back handed swipe, since he's the most intelligent member of the party, and will repay the favour 20 fold...the originators and planners of this rubbish had better hope they don't have skeletons in their closets...or bank accounts full of FED hush money.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
LMAO.

Now, I'm always one to hand out 'you suck' awards to politicians, but come on.

This article claims he's one of the most corrupt politicians and the only thing they have is double billed expenses?

Doesn't Ron not take a congressional salary?

I'm sorry, but this group is also funded by George Soros.

Really though, I'm pretty sure there are a few worse members of the government...corruption wise.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm not surprised. I would love to have the hope of a good human being versus the crooked murderer criminal 'choices' for November provided to us by the matrix-of-control. But there are many instances in video, clear as can be, of Paul flipping the Illuminati hand sign. WTH. I don't trust that.
Maybe he didn't know better.
Maybe there are always excuses for him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join