It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Springs CA, Take a look at this phote my son took

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is probably what your son caught on his iphone...btw, the iphone user says the iphone camera sucks (just saying
)

There are 4 bright spots within the streak of light....apparently there was something shooting at the original streak of light to cause it to go ballistic in the sky...thoughts?

Btw, here is the ORIGINAL NEWS article related to this story:

UFO ON SKY NEW MEXICO AND ARIZONA PHOENIX 13 September 2012

www.gabehash.com...

U.S.: An unidentified flying object was seen in New Mexico and Arizona early Wednesday September 13, 2012.

The object was seen at 5:30 am and is thought to be evidencerocket from White Sands in New Mexico where there is a missile complex is 330 km away from the Phoenix area.

The videos will show were recorded from Phoenix Ariozona by Matthew users Mollo, Nitespeed13 and Clintus and can see the videos in those channels.

Judge for yourself.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added notes, links, pics

edit on 13-9-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

I noticed those objects right away too. Seems kind of strange that no
one else has mentioned them. The closer one appeared to be rocket
shaped & the other disk shaped...unfortunately I have a small monitor.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Gee I wonder if this is related? Asteroid 2012 QG42 passed by the earth today.
I created this thread about it earlier. Maybe it was a threat after all or maybe they sent something up to study it?
Asteriod 2012 QG42 Thread
edit on 13-9-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon
reply to post by Tardacus

You need to understand, the US military has been launching test missles over airbases and other areas since we got Werner Von Braun in '45. Happens every week. And they don't fire them over civillian airspace, you do realize as any pilot would there are vast swathes of military only airspace across the entire country. just saying your point is false, what you or I "believe" means nothing to do with reality. Just saying Boss.

I looked into that and that area is not protected military only airspace, in fact i looked at a map of just one commercial airline`s flight paths and their flight paths criss cross that entire area. The distance from whitesands to fort wingate is approximately 350 miles. The target missile crossed several interstate highways and populated areas on it`s course to fort wingate.
This "test" definitely made extensive use of civilian airspace and was conducted at an altitude that was visible all the way to california and this was done without any prior notification or warning to anyone.this doesn`t look like a pre planned test this looks like an " oh crap! launch a missile at that thing, quick!" type of deal.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Look at my post above this one.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm sure there are some birds having a funeral in the forest where it landed.
Would anyone even be told if this missile killed someone camping in the forest?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
US Army missile test sparks UFO reports in Southwest

Three unarmed rockets fired from New Mexico to test Patriot defense system

The "explosion" was a normal separation of the first and second stages of the unarmed Juno ballistic missile that was fired at 6:30 a.m. MT from Fort Wingate near Gallup, N.M., said Drew Hamilton, a spokesman for the U.S. Army's White Sands Missile Range. The expended first stage landed in a designated area of U.S. Forest Service land.

looks like the trail started after the separation–causing it to look like the Juno was launched from mid-air.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Seen missiles before,what was the target??.......dont see the launch smoke froma base,this one is weird........

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

Missle contrails, my girlfriend took picture here in Vegas. numerous stories listed.

video///
www.fox5vegas.com...

www.gjsentinel.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i remember when i saw something like this. it was a missile test off the coast of santa barbra. OP's photo looks very similar to what i saw.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You guys do realize that the Patriot missile is an anti-missile missile? The same one used on Iraqi Scuds that rained down in Desert Storm.

If there were to be a war (a real shooting war), these missiles will defend the west coast from incoming ballistic missiles launched from subs somewhere in the pacific ocean. Just one aspect of the total defense of the US west coast, these would be seen to streak in profusion if there were any incoming warheads.

Kind of iffy because any ballistic missile would typically MIRV into a number of warheads and decoys making it difficult to target the real warhead instead of all the false targets or decoys. Plus you have sub launched sea skimming cruise missile that sweep in from the ocean at tree top height, adding to the melee.

When you see but a single track like this it is a test. If it had been an actual emergency, there would be dozens of these plus outbound ICBMs, all climbing to apogee.

At that point you can keep staring at it and go blind with the first burst up there, or run and find a man hole to drop into. Then kiss yer arse goodbye.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That's a rocket's exaust/contrail. It is so high up that it still catches the sun's rays -- just like an aircraft might just after sunset. Or, in this case, as it looks very dark, it may be the light from the rocket's near-nozle exhaust illuminating the exhaust cloud. Anyone who lives within several hundred miles of Vandenberg has seen these on a number of occasions, although this one was apparently out of White Sands, NM. Not UFO, but USAF. None the less, they are cool to behold.

Glad you were finally able to get the picture to upload.

edit on 14-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: Had an addition to make.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole

I trust this could create some Idea's what you think this is..

Also wanted to point out that my son said that it came to a complete stop and then took off in a flash and out of site.

I discount any agruement that it was anything that would account for this being man made, or falling Space Debris or meterite. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

So you are going to discount any argument that it was man-made unless convinced otherwise, huh? How are you going to be convinced if you discount any argument that it was man-made? See the problem here/

So even though there was a missile shot that would correspond to the place and time, and some have said this looks just like a rocket/missile contrail/exhaust, you're going to insist that it was not man-made. Swell. This is the problem with a whole lot of the UFO community.

You're basing your belief on what your son told you he saw. Couldn't he be mistaken in part. Furthermore, if this was a missile defense test as it apparently was, there would be two rockets involved. The big exhaust cloud would likely be from the test missile, which may have stopped firing, hence the "stopped" exhaust cloud, proceeded by the second missile moving out.

I think your post is very illustrative of how observations of very explainable man-made phenomena are staunchly attributed to being non-man-made and non-natural. Lots of UFO sightings have such declarations by the observers. But look what it turned out to be in this case. By no means am I suggesting all UFO sightings can be attributed to more prosaic explanations, but it is likely that the vast majority can be. And people with closed minds who claim what they saw or told they were saw could not be a natural or man-made phenomena are doing nothing for the reputation of the study of UFOs.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
You guys do realize that the Patriot missile is an anti-missile missile? The same one used on Iraqi Scuds that rained down in Desert Storm.

If there were to be a war (a real shooting war), these missiles will defend the west coast from incoming ballistic missiles launched from subs somewhere in the pacific ocean. Just one aspect of the total defense of the US west coast, these would be seen to streak in profusion if there were any incoming warheads.

No, I didn't realize that Iran had ballistic missile armed submarines that were menacing the eastern Pacific Ocean. But I'll be sure to put on my tinfoil skull cap and watch out for them now. And might I recommend a good re-education camp to you?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocha123
Seen missiles before,what was the target??.......dont see the launch smoke froma base,this one is weird........

I've seen plenty of Vandenberg missiles from LA and once from Death Valley and I've never once seen low-level contrails, just high-up ones. They must have actually been reptilian battle cruisers, huh?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'd say get a better phone camera

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokomotiv23

Much obliged! I agree, in that there would seem to be more to this than what is stated in the official story line. While I've no doubt that there was a missile (or missiles) involved, what I saw with my own eyes does not jibe with a launch originating on terra firma. I'm at a loss to explain what I saw in mundane terms...(shrugs)...best way to put it is that it looked like it was fired from a wormhole. Crazy? On the face of it, yes, but it appeared that suddenly, roughly 10-15 degrees above the horizon in clear skies at sunrise.

Well if it happened at sunrise, only the part in LOS of the sun would be illuminated, which is likely why you didnt see it while it was on the lower portion of its initial trajectory. Seems a purdee mundane explanation to me -- no wormholes necessary.

Why is it that when people see unusual phenomena, they have to ascribe to it the most fantastic explanations, and be suspicious that more is going on than meets the eye?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by imagineering
Missle launch............

case closed.

No way, you disinformation agent, you. Its clearly intradimensional, time-traveling angels breaking wind.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
reply to post by tport17

However, the risk to attempt such a test over US soil begs to question why??
I see it decending, some see it the differently...

I recall a incedent and few others of film taken in Norway that is similar.

I wish there was a complete vid from start to finish..

If it was a test by Military... that would be on file. show me that recording, and I will be shut down on a agruement.
Testing a Patriot weapon here... thats hard to take, if we were to test our ability to take down any threats... there is a different shore line to that.

UFO... premature to say.

I know what I have seen during the 58 years on earth starting at 7 years old.
Different topic..
Different forum!
Thanks for asking!

Jesse

You do realize the US used to test nuclear weapons in the atmosphere -- both on US soil and on Pacific islands? Blew up a couple in space and at least one underwater, off the coast of California. We've even lost a couple of hydrogen bombs on American soil or just off the coast. The US military's motto is not "Safety First" or "Do No Harm".

And White Sands Missile Range is named as it is for a reason. Kind of like a gun range is for shooting guns...

You're still not acknowledging that this was a missile test? How about you contact the military and ask for the records, as you're the person who doesn't believe it's the case. But let's put the shoe on the other foot: until you show me records that it was an Alpha Centauri space ship, I am not going to believe it is of ET origin.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Typically a rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB north of LA. I'v seen a fiew. Let me guess..... yiu were facing towards the tram...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join