It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Springs CA, Take a look at this phote my son took

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Found this person talking about it on Facebook. Still looking for more.

Link

Hopefully that link works.

This is the event discussed in that facebook post.
edit on 13-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

After reading a bunch of articles about this, the missile was launched in New Mexico but it was seen in Phoenix, Las Vegas, and California.
edit on 13-9-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

That sux, it works for me and it is very interesting!
Try refreshing your IE page a couple times.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
i see the picture..but not sure what im looking at

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Missle launch............

case closed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

I'm able to see the picture, but isn't that just lighting behind some clouds? Or some other object with some light source being scattered throughout the cloud like a plane?

How long did the light effect last, was it pulses or consistent?

Nevermind. looks like tport17 solved it a couple of post above.

edit on 13-9-2012 by interupt42 because: Looks like the object was identified as a rocket

edit on 13-9-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Again thanks " Christoph"

I trust this could create some Idea's what you think this is..

Also wanted to point out that my son said that it came to a complete stop and then took off in a flash and out of site.
I discount any agruement that it was anything that would account for this being man made, or falling Space Debris
or meterite.
Unless you can convince me otherwise.
I was able to zoom in on the Image to a large degree, there were interesting aspects that seem to be a large round plume in the middle of this photo. Look close!
Jesse

edit on 13-9-2012 by jessemole because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
Again thanks " Christoph"

I trust this could some Idea's what you think this is..

Also wanted to point out that my son said that it came to a complete stop and then took off in a flash and out of site.
I discount any agruement that it was anything that would account for this being man made, or falling Space Debris
or metererite.
Unless you can convince me otherwise.
I was able to zoom in on the Image to a large degree, ther ewere interesting aspects that seem to a large round plume in the middle of this photo. Look close!
Jesse

Check out the link I posted. Here it is again. It was a missile. There is a video at the link.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sounds like what I saw this morning. I took these in Phoenix
mgmmgmmgm.imgur.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Article says it was a Juno target missile launched from Fort Wingate in Gallup. It was a target for a Patriot missile test. The Patriot was launched from White Sands.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Stupid dp.
edit on 13-9-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I live in las Vegas and also saw this. (only able to send through photobucket. Not sure how to upload.)

i770.photobucket.com...

i770.photobucket.com...

i770.photobucket.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoshibesto

Interesting pics you got there.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
LOL that there are 3 flags and a star already given to this post despite that the premise for the post (the picture) hasn't been provided.

Note not knocking the OP and I know he is working on it. but why would anyone give a star or flag to a post that is incomplete?

edit on 13-9-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

I remember the so called time traveller thread, now that was about 93 flags with nothing to show for it..........

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Caught it this morning from Nucla CO (approximately 230 miles due north of Gallup) at 0630 local time. I was sitting in my yard with a cigarette and a cup of coffee facing due south when I first saw the event; it was unsettling as at first it looked like someone drew a white line upwards/diagonally across a blue screen, account how far above the horizon the contrail appeared.
As a matter of fact, it looked as though it was launched from an airborne vehicle.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

After reading the persay cause of this I'm taken back that such a lauch of anything they claim would put many of people in danger from falling debri from such a attempt to test such a device. Why over American soil.. most test are done over our Oceans. Or is risk not a concern anymore?

Here is there commit...PHOENIX -- An early morning missile launch out of White Sands, N.M. lit up the predawn sky over Arizona Thursday.

The contrail was visible all over the Phoenix Metro area. Not knowing what it was, many people were quite concerned. Phones in the 3TV newsrooms started ringing off the hook after 5:30 a.m.

"We launched a target -- it's called a Juno," explained Cammy Montoya of the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. That target was launched out Fort Wingate in Gallup, N.M., followed by a Patriot interceptor from the missile range.

The contrail we saw was likely the aftermath of the launch, as well as from the Juno's booster, which separated from the target and landed in Cibola National Forest.

Montoya said such launches are relatively rare, happening only every year or every other year.

"It's one of our high-end, very intense launches," she said. "It's not one of our everyday thing."

Montoya said there's no danger associated with the launch and that everything went as expected.

The contrail had mostly dissipated by 6 a.m

As always a padded answer.

I like to know how many really heard the explosion of this encident.
Why not foretold warning this was going to take place... if it's taken place over these 3 States(or expected outcome of such a test)

Not buying it!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessemole
I trust I did this right..

If not I will try again!

Jesse

Well at least he managed to get a photo, good on him, at least he brought something to the table even if it was a missile launch..........cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
My wife managed to take two photos that came out well, and if I can get my laptop to settle down and behave, I'll post them straight away. They were taken well into the contrail dissipating, but also illustrate how the missile appears to not have been fired from a surface facility.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Sorry have not read the thread only your replies so far but wanted to give you and your son a thumbs up for capturing something so magnificent.

One thing I have to ask is that since this is supposedly a rare occurrence and given the situation in Libya and beyond, was this really something which should have been done? Could it be the drumbeats of war?

edit on 13-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
very weird!

it must be Planet X, or Global Warming, or chemtrails, or an impostor Paul Cartney

seriously though, nice pic

edit on 13/9/2012 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jessemole

@ Jesse - The 'brighter' element of the contrail to the bottom left...was that the point of origin? I ask this because that was exactly how it appeared up here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join