It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do animals have souls? - Stories that prove they have and share the same empathy we do (or should)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

Care to explain what the heck you are talking about?
I have absolutely no idea of what you mean , or where that comment came from.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here is what I once wrote about the topic of "Animal Souls":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want, I could of course copypaste them to actual posts in this thread as well, but it would require three separate posts, because of the length of the explanation. In my opinion, what I tried to explain there is the most logical theory so far, and it perfectly explains pretty much everything about this topic in a coherent way that makes sense.

I don't mean _I_ explained it in a coherent way - just that the theory itself is coherent and pretty much flawless, for incorporating 'human-like' animals as well as very stupid animals, insects and such.

You can take it for whatever it's worth - in my opinon, it's an interesting theory that I have never found any evidence against. It could be wrong, but it would certainly make so much sense and explain a heckuva lot, if it were true.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think animals have souls, if you mean in a sense of emotion and some thought maybe, but not as much as us humans, as we have the best brains of all.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
do animals have souls?
did dinosaurs?
do humans, probably not, the conception of a soul is a human belief first bought around by the egyptians to make death an easier thing to deal with and was later copied by other cultures/religions.
if everything has a soul, which every holy book states at least one animal does, you get to the afterlife there will be some pissed off animals at you for eating them.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Not really sure,

we want to know.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Of course they have souls
and intelligence has NOTHING to do with it. We cant even predict the weather or a freakin earthquake and yet posters perceive themselves to be more worthy of a soul
... and yes most animals can predict both of the above, it's just the dumb humans that can't
They have souls and believe you me!!!! A DAMN SIGHT PURER than most humans on this rock!

.....and Breathe
rant ended.
edit on 14-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 14-9-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Thanks for the post , I loved it . Got me choked up . I may be a man , but I am a big softy when it comes to animals . I have read something similar sent to me after the loss of my Chow Chow . I like this version better .

I have debated with my self concerning animals and souls and then my wife gave me my Jasmine as the greatest gift I have ever received . There was something in her eyes , a light , that proved TO ME (at least) that there was a soul there . And I questioned myself ..... why would a loving God give us such a faithful , loyal , loving creature who never judges , who knows NO guile , who does not care who you are or what you do , how much money you have , how large your house is or what you drive . A creature , like a child , who some dirt bag will kick , starve , chain up out in the weather , generally ignore it's most basic needs yet still wag it's tail and look at it's "master" with hope and love and then tell us when (s)he has passed on , we will not be reunited in the afterlife ? I can not except that , I will not except that .

If Heaven is truly paradise and God loves all his creatures , all my beloved dogs will be there to greet me when they see me approaching the "Rainbow bridge" . Whole and healthy again . From my first dog that was poisoned by an a**hole neighbor , to my beloved Jasmine , to my little terror of a Jack Russell that was a puppy mill dog that I purchased to keep another couple from buying and using as a puppy making machine (I over heard them say they were going to breed her twice a year and sell the puppies) to our little rescue "mutt" now , who stole our hearts when we saved her from the pound the day before she was to be put down .

Another poem that was sent to me after my Jasmine's passing......

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your friend , so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Sorry , but I love animals and have a VERY soft spot for our canine companions as they are more loyal to us than most humans .

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am not a Christian, but I still believe we have souls. One of the people who has been instrumental to me in reaching understanding and finding my spiritual path is Dr Michael Newton. He interviews his clients under hypnosis about 'life between lives.' In this extract from 'Destiny of Souls' he is talking about the souls of beloved pets.

Dr. N: Kimoye, what do you like to do for recreation?

S: Frankly, I am a rather quiet, unsocial soul and I enjoy doing two things. I garden and play with animals during the time I am away from my group.

Dr. N: Do you actually grow things in the spirit world?

S: Creating living things from energy is one of our important exercises here.

Dr. N: Tell me about playing with the animals.

S: I have a dog and cat as well as a horse. These are my pets from the last life.

Dr. N: Do they just appear when you want them?

S: No, I must call for them as they don't normally live in our spaces here. I can't go to their place. An Animal Caretaker brings them to me. We call them trackers.

Dr. N: Meaning the tracker has to find your pet and not one created out of energy, as you might do with a plant in your garden?

S: Absolutely.

Dr. N: Do animals have souls, Kimoye?

S: Yes, of course they do, but in many varieties.

Dr. N: What is the difference between animal and human souls?

S: The souls of all living things have different . . . properties. Animal souls have smaller particles of energy . . . less volume and are not as complex and multifaceted as the human soul.

Dr. N: What other differences do you know about between the souls of humans and that of animals?

S: The main difference, other than size and capacity, is that animal souls are not ego‑driven. They are not overwhelmed by identity issues as we are. They also accept and blend with their environment rather than fighting to control it like human beings. (stops and then adds) We can learn from them.

Dr. N: You said that animal souls had their own domain in the spirit world. How then are you able to associate with them even with the help of a Caretaker Soul?

S: (perplexed with me) They have sensory energy on Earth like us . . . we share their physical existence . . . so why not the mental . . . ?

Dr. N: Well, Kimoye, you did say they have a different arrangement of properties than our intelligent energy.

S: So do my plants, but I am not denied their company if I wish it.

Dr. N: You mentioned that you play with your dog. Can plant energy become dog energy?

S: No, because each form of life does have its own assortment of energy—this energy does not cross the line into another physical form on the same planet.

Dr. N: Does this mean a cat won't transmigrate into a higher form of life and a human being will not become a lower form, say in the body of a cat, in a future life?

S: Yes, that's right. Energy is created and assigned to certain physical and mental forms.

Dr. N: Why is that, do you think?

S: (laughs at me) I don't know about the grand design here, except that mixing soul types is not expedient.

Dr. N: Tell me, Kimoye, do you see the animal souls of your pets in groups such as that of your own soul group?

S: Like I said, I don't go to their places. They have no need to call for us to come to them. I can't tell you about these areas except to say the Animal Caretaker told me there is a general division of land, air and water groups.

Dr. N: Are any connected with each other in the spirit world?

S: It is our understanding that whales, dolphins and seals are together—crows and hawks—horses and zebras—that sort of thing. Animals have their own connections with community bonding by general species that we are not supposed to under­stand—at least I don't.

Dr. N: Well . . . ?

S: (breaks in) I guess if we needed to know we would be told.

Dr. N: Okay, now let's go back to your original statement about playing with your pets during recreation time. Could you have a wild animal such as a wolf?

S: Only if the wolf was domesticated.

Dr. N: Can you explain this to me, Kimoye?

S: (subject frowns in concentration) The associations with animals need to be productive in certain settings for us to be motivated to work with certain life forms. My dog on Earth can be with me within my spiritual property where I built my house and garden because it is natural for him to be here. He belongs with me because we were bonded playmates. Our mutual love and respect for each other on Earth is being renewed because it is good. There is beauty in this for both of us—this must be why it is permitted.

Dr. N: Could you differentiate between the soul of a domesticated animal on Earth and one that was wild?

S: I think so. As I said, animal souls are much less complicated than human souls. The domesticated ones are able to extend love and affection to humans, which we need. The wild animal souls are not as focused in this area and don't understand us very mu

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
To me this is some proof towards my belief that love is the natural state of all beings.... not love is just conditioning...very beautiful OP had me tearing up in a very positive way. So thank you

Note to add: Animals are the essence of love manifest in that they entirely understand the concept of service. They lack the ego that us humans spend so much time struggling with. I believe animals have sense of self just not the idea that their self is any more important than another self. This of course is just my intuitive understanding.
edit on 14/9/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

They have souls and believe you me!!!! A DAMN SIGHT PURER than most humans on this rock!
reply to post by DreamerOracle

If that is the case am I to presume that the cats that tore my childs rabbits to shreds in a screaming bloodbath just for fun are now being tortured for all eternity in animal hell ?

Unless of course animal jesus forgave the bastrds

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

why would a loving God give us such a faithful , loyal , loving creature who never judges
reply to post by whenandwhere

I'm confused, is it only domesticated animals that your god gave souls to ?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

reply to post by DreamerOracle

If that is the case am I to presume that the cats that tore my childs rabbits to shreds in a screaming bloodbath just for fun are now being tortured for all eternity in animal hell ?

Unless of course animal jesus forgave the bastrds

If you had shown a touch more responsibility as an owner,and ensured that the poor rabbit was kept safe from any potential predators then this sad situation would not have arisen.We have 5 cats and 2 guinea pigs but wouldn't dream of putting them together.Cats will act on instinct and attack and possibly kill any creature they regard as prey,they do NOT kill "just for fun".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

Great thread. You put a lot of examples out there to make your case. I hope they do, because I lost a beloved golden retriever years ago. She brought so much comfort to me and my wife. She never barked at strangers and loved to be with people. We now have another golden retriever that has a different personality but we love he none the less. She getting to the end of her life now. She's 14 yrs old and is struggling with hip displasia. She grew up with our children and again is loved by the entire family. We now baby her since she's struggling just to get up.

Dogs have a way of comforting and bringing smiles to our faces. They sense danger and they protect us when we need them. Any living thing that can do that must have a soul.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I did a thread earlier this year about gorilla's recognizing and disarming snares.

I linked to an article about Octopus imtelligence also, very interesting article.

S+F, great topic.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thank you for this wonderful thread. It is good to see how much we still have in common with our cousins on many branches of the tree of life. It seems they are more complex than scripture (an ancient collection of half-educated writing) gives them credit.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Are you merely trolling ? No , all animals . It is why I do not hunt or fish . I can not kill a deer or any other animal for sport or any other reason . I only use my dogs as an example as they are a constant in my life .

When I still had my farm I owned cattle that I purchased so they could grow old , fat and happy and die natural deaths . I could not bring myself to throw a saddle on the back of my horses and use them for my own pleasure anymore and just allowed them to run and be horses . I made sure no one used my farm to hunt on . No one used my ponds to fish in .
edit on 14-9-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by blah yada
It also bugs me how many people when referring to say, their dog, use the term MY dog in the sense that they own the animal. I fail to understand how you can own another living creature.If it is right for someone to own a dog then why can't I own a human?Is it because of this unprovable soul claim?

Technically you can own a human being. Parents legally own their children.

When two parents divorce and battle for custody, they are more or less battling for ownership of the child.

They battle for custody.Custody is not ownership.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
of course they have souls.. and thats why you shouldnt eat animals because you are in turn eating their souls... yep, pretty f'd up right.
edit on 14-9-2012 by GameKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I actually dropped a theology class over a quite heated argument with the professor because of this very topic. Of course, I personally believe that animals have souls! (I'm a christian for a bit of background). Then, years alter, some (very friendly) Jehova's Witness peeps came to my door and we talked about this very topic, and I couldn't help but throw up my hands in frustration at their logic. (That animals did not have souls).

Their reasoning was (With out taking the whole bible into consideration) was that they can't choose to worship God, therefore they can't be "saved" and have souls. I then asked them then, why did he even give them such intelligence, personality and emotion? I believe that animals, because they are not human (though biologically we are all very much 'animals'), their purpose is a bit different than us-they know their creator, I don't think God created them with the same plan in mind. (That is not to say we can not learn from them, oh no, I've learned much from animals!) That's just my two cents on this subject.

Also, when, given the intense emotional experiences (among other types) I had with my horse, I was told he'd jsut rot in the ground after he died, I wanted to fly off the handle. I am not sure the verse in the bible....but there's something in there that says somethign to the effect of 'there is a place for all God's creatures'. I interpret that to mean there is a place for them, somewhere, after they die.)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join