It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do animals have souls? - Stories that prove they have and share the same empathy we do (or should)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Why do humans think they are superior over other life forms? This species has an ego problem.

Ya know, that commonly held opinion gets old after a while. How do you know other 'species' do not feel superior? Like the Great Apes when their 'pet' their 'man' goes back into the jungle? Like a lion who kills off all the cubs in a pride he's taken over because he knows he's better. Sure you can call the last one 'instinct' or 'nature' - and the other learned behavior - but it's all the same. We protect what is ours, what we know, and want to be better than everyone and anything else because of self preservation as a single and a species.

My point? If an animal has a soul? And I do believe they do? In my opinion it would go hand in hand with the 'ego' also.

Beyond that? If we agree animals have a soul - (and again as I said I believe they do) - where do we 'stop' on delivering up souls? Just at animals? Warm blooded? How about the cold blooded? Fish? And then there's the plants. It's living, breathing. We even hear plants communicate and 'talk' is you will. So, where does it stop? We're down to microbes now...

Souls? My opinion - anything living has them. Even my mountain Etna. But hey, that's just me.

peace

peace
edit on 14-9-2012 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Everyone has a soul...except politicians

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
Some people who are religious claim that we must have a clear set of moral law and ethics commanded by a religion, otherwise we would do things like torture and kill each other and all other beings for fun.
I once wanted to laugh at such a claim- that is against our nature, I experience. My instincts alone, with no thought or control keep me from doing that! It is a ridiculous and impossible idea!

I couldn't agree with you more. You are absolutely spot-on.

I have experience the religious making claims on the very ideals of Humanity for a while, as if without their doctrine we would all be out there killing each other. Obviously, this is complete and utter nonsense.

I was not raised religious in any respect. I later came to associate myself more with Pagan philosophy, because ultimately my parents raised us to respect nature and our environment. I did not need to have a priest telling me to be moral and a good person and the idea that people need such religious indoctrination to become good people is actually offensive to me.

It's also interesting to point out that the most religious nations are also the most violent. Look at what is happening throughout the world right now - we have deeply Islamic nations at war, Israel persecuting their neighbors, African nations indoctrinated by Catholicism on the rampage with machete attacks and guerrilla wars...

It certainly seems to me that religion is more inclined to create violence than resolve it. If these faiths believe that their religious dogma serves as a moral compass for Humans, their track record is truly abysmal.

As for the OP, I love these examples. I have ALWAYS believed that all animals have emotions. The idea that community, companionship and love etc are reserved for Humans is complete idiocy. We have evolved to be what we are, other species have evolved to be what they are, so why would we be the only species to evolve with recognizable emotions?

It's just another part of the stupidity and arrogance we have as a species. We seem to think we're special, rather than just another piece in the puzzle of life on Earth. We are a part of a much larger world, and we are not that special. We are no more special than any other species, we just happen to have evolved with thumbs!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Everyone has a soul...except politicians

And bankers.

2nd line

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It is absolutely rediculous to think animals don't have souls, or whatever you want to call it, and the same goes for every living thing, what the hell makes humans so special? Oh right, our over inflated ego! lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The soul being the consciousness of the brain, the more sentient an animal the more it would appear to have a "soul".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This post made me "Tingle" and gave me goosebumps. Religion has a lot to answer for especially when it states we are above animals. Whilst it may be true to some extent, we still have the responsibility to make sure their short live's are as comfortable as possible.

I to do not believe in organised religion for several reasons, mainly due to the fact that most religions for example Christians say you will only go to Heaven through Jesus, with that in mind what about the two billion people in Asia who have not heard of Jesus are they all condemned to Hell?

I personally believe that all living things have souls and we should treat everything as such.

Excellent Post OP....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

zoos can be used to care for endangered species and educate people about animals. A circus on the other hand is just cruelty.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Good Intention can do wonders when known.

Animal/human relations/behaviorism; case study.

One more.

People tend to have a special affection to animals since they don't judge them; just love them in a special kind of way; some species more than others by design I suppose. Mankind can learn much from observing the animal kingdom, plant/medicinal kingdom, insect k etc. by design once again.

I love animals though am not afraid to eat one from the farm as it wouldn't 'be' there if I didn't raise it. The animals on the farm always have a good life with much freedom. The freedom breeds satisfaction and if they are all fed, they tend to get along fine with one another including the sheep, goat, horse, turkeys, chickens, guinea hens, cattle etc. They actual enjoy each others company and find one another interesting in their own unique ways AS People Should if they only 'would'. The dole-ar and one book or another seemed to have divided and conquered most humanity from one another.....back to point.

Some experiences with animals on the farm/land in the jungle:
Very special moments with my horse and the only problems arrive when she's being ridden and a piece of equipment may be hurting her. If she's in pain, she'll give myself or another a few hints/warnings and if the rider doesn't 'pay attention' to these signals then she we gladly buck em off or ride toward a tree branch forcing one to fall off; lol.

Have/had 5 cats which help monitor or keep the jungle mice in check. Love to watch them chase the mice and lizards around as well as interact with the dogs who enjoy playing with the cats though always make sure they know where they stand in the Order of things. The dogs, 2 South African Ridgeback (Rhodesian) and a german shephard would often softly mock bite the cats in the head, not harming them, just letting them know to where they stand. They enjoy playing with one another and get along fine as long as they are fed and receive love and attention from their owner "mua". If I leave the farm and let another take charge for more than a week or so, the animals get irritated, agitated, and are more likely to fight with one another because they don't get the attention I give them while on the land. If I hug one dog or cat, I have to hug them all otherwise they would always fight with one another. They can be very jealous of one getting more attention than the other; a survival instinct and 'personal thing' I would imagine. An employee, a hired local, is less likely to give the animals the attention/care they need for various reasons that should be understood; maybe not.

cont.>

edit on 14-9-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluemoonsine

Have one lil kitten, my favorite that always climbs up the rafters in the jungle lodge at night when I'm about to go to sleep and she sleeps on my chest, just over the heart as the rythm comforts her in a special way. Very sweet, loving look in her eyes, makes one glow in a special kind of way.

Energy, positive kind, is affective and can make a huge difference whether with animals or humans or any kind of life as the book 'celestine prophecy' hinted at.

Does an animal have a soul? That depends on what one thinks a soul Is, or is comprised of. All life forms have an electromagnetic field, a plasmic 'being', though only mankind and et folk can Ascend to the cosmic heavens, or even understand oneself, their place in the universe or appreciate the grand creation of the Creator.

When one has a chance, try a deep meditation session in the wild, preferably by a river/stream. If done correctly, one's very being should feel halonic, or a glowing sensation, as opening of the chakra, third eye and tapping into the outer realms/cosmic energy. Long topic. Point I'm trying make here is after this session, try walking around the forest and when one is in this special mode, the animal kingdom WILL sense it and be attracted to you.

I often would experience dragonflies and butterflies come and sit on my shoulder or fly just around me as if they were feeding off an enhanced energetic field or the halo. Animals are sensitive, as people, and can really sense the mood one is in as well as intent. Animals more so, since their life depends on it every second of the day especially in the mountainous jungle, my favorite, where life flourishes and full of natural entertainment. It's a real shame most folks today have become estranged from nature, though that's another topic; not 'here'. Thought I'd share, there's volumes more I'd like to say about these topics though there's just not enough time here nor is it the right medium of exchange; must better in person. L8ter

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't believe in the concept of a soul. I do however see all creatures as equal. I'm wary of anybody who regards themselves as being more entitled than other creatures. To me, murdering a dog is every bit as serious as murdering a human.

The "soul" is an invention of the human imagination, used as a tool to motivate us and allow us to believe that we are supreme amongst all creatures.

If it was scientifically proven that souls exist (i'm confident that wont happen), I would have to surmise that animals have a soul too.

It also bugs me how many people when referring to say, their dog, use the term MY dog in the sense that they own the animal. I fail to understand how you can own another living creature.If it is right for someone to own a dog then why can't I own a human?Is it because of this unprovable soul claim?

Personally I have never owned a pet but have had many live with me. They've always been free to leave and one actually did.

The ownership thing is socially dangerous I think.When I see these abusive boyfriends/girlfriends who think they own their 'other half" I can't help wondering what allowed them to make such a prepoterous assumption. I can only guess that they were allowed/ encouraged to own a pet earlier in life, and always looked on anything different to them including the opposite sex of their own species as inferior

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am grateful to you for showing me these stories.

Some truths are self-evident.

I am currently watching debates on 'Is religion a force for good in the world', and even with the avalanche of info available to the compassionate and open minded, these tales (and the thousands, millions more unreported) didn't even need to be mentioned. It goes without saying their stories would have added more fuel to that fire which, now, can never be extinguished.

I only have one question - Who TRULY required this thread to be aware of these truths?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blah yada

The word 'ownership' is defined at will. I don't own my animals 'being', I see it as a complement to mine and learn from all nature as I should. I prefer to give my animals free reign to roam the farm at will though many naturally stay close to the house for where the land is is very wild with jaguars (come out at night), pumas, jagarundas etc, howler monkeys, harpy eagles and other predators on the prowl. The animals always come to the houselot at night where the dogs and humans keep watch over them. They naturally know where they're safe or not for without common 'sense' both mental and electric sensory, they would most likely perish.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Only warm-blooded mammals have souls.

Cold-blooded birds, reptiles and fish doesn't have a soul.

In my opinion...

edit on 14-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This video is about a lion cub named Christian who is adopted by two guys....see what happens when he was set free into the wild and visited later by his old friends.

Yes, animals have souls.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
Only warm-blooded mammals have souls.

Cold-blooded birds, reptiles and fish doesn't have a soul.

In my opinion...

edit on 14-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

Please view these photos. It may change your opinion.

A Swallows Tale

dogpawfile.wordpress.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Your post hit a nerve with me .

My most beloved dog I have ever had in my life , my 12 year old Chow Jasmine , passed away 6 years ago this Oct . She was my shadow , my loyal friend who was more loyal than any human . We also had a little terrier that was raised with her . Like myself , he was completely lost for weeks after her passing . The wife said she looked into both of our eyes when she came home from work the day we lost our Jasmine and did not know which was more heart breaking , the lost look in our little terrier's or my own . He did not greet her , and when she tried to pet him , he walked away to another room with his head down .

He is gone now too , a year ago this month , after 14 years by our sides . He had to be put down after a series of strokes . And I say this , if THEY are not in heaven when (or if) I get there , then Heaven is not a place I want to be .

a few of my favorite quotes ......

"A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. "- John Holmes

"Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices. This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery if inscribed over human ashes, is but a just tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a Dog. " ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog"

"For those who love dogs, it would be the worst form of a lie to call any place where dogs were banned "Paradise." Certainly no loving God would separate people from their canine friends for eternity." - Stanley Coren

"If having a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans." - James Herriot
edit on 14-9-2012 by whenandwhere because: grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
It also bugs me how many people when referring to say, their dog, use the term MY dog in the sense that they own the animal. I fail to understand how you can own another living creature.If it is right for someone to own a dog then why can't I own a human?Is it because of this unprovable soul claim?

Technically you can own a human being. Parents legally own their children.

When two parents divorce and battle for custody, they are more or less battling for ownership of the child.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

Imagine your experience in the afterlife included 'being' with the life forms you cherished and loved. This could be as a reward and both spirits would benefit from 'the exchange' in the flesh and thereafter. Something to strive for anyhow. From what I understand, the Creator can do anYthing and satisfy any dream if acknowledged and respected as one's Creator. It shouldn't be too hard to imagine the concept of reincarnation either as one's Soul-space is not a matter of time for the concept of time itself is meaningless to one's Creator, an immortal entity as other immortal beings though as in an Order or line of succession; an 'earned' one. To see the earth as a purgatorial rock, a testing/proving ground to something much grander is accurate from what "I" understand. The temperment of most human beings would be far too dangerous to be allowed to roam the cosmos till that Right is earned/understood for what it 'could' be.

Freewill while in the flesh could be as means to one's end for Ascension to a much grander mode of existence; Angelic so to say as from what "I" understand, the concept of Angelic is merely a Soul that has Ascended to a higher realm, where energy is abundant, though food, (caloric units of heat energy) is not necessary for the cosmos is full of energy. Ever witnessed lightening firing UP, instead of positive grounding to the earth as would be normal? I have, and would imagine it has to do with a spaceship that attracts energy the same way Nikola Tesla not only Invisioned though applied at will. Tesla confessed on more than one occasion that his knowledge was a Gift from above, in contact with ETs/Angelic entities, though unfortunately mankind misused their collective freewill to apply these gifts with positive intent for their 'neighbors'. Freewill is a Gift to be applied at one's choosing as well as the consequences of the Conscience whether applied or Not.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I truly believe that all animals possess a soul.If you take the definition of having a soul as having a sentient awareness of yourself as an individual.

Where I believe that the animal soul is purer and much more evolved than most human souls,is that an animal does not commit any act purely out of malice.they kill,but only for food or to protect themselves or others within their social group,they do not kill for trophies such as we do.They do not misuse or abuse us as we do them,you don't see a bear farming humans for their bile for example.Neither has any animal species ever(without human intervention) been responsible for the extinction of another species.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join