It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SUPPRESSED: New Evidence of Early Man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
UFOTV just posted this 6days ago..

watching it now.. pretty interesting so far and only 5 mins into it..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

See what you mean 5min in myself and I'm hooked already

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
all .. i can say ..

is

WOW~!!!

this is the stuff that ATS is made of ~!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Already posted!
SUPPRESSED: New Evidence of Early Man, page 1

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the very interesting Vidio OP. Im 30 mins into it. A very well done vidio which raises questions. The kind of stuff which is why I like ATS.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
just started watching looks great

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I just finished watching the video and its very interesting. Even the part where the artifacts are up to 500,000 yrs old...but why didnt they find any skeletons of man from that time period? Why were people threatened when they wanted to see what was dug up (artifact wise) over 40 yrs ago????

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just finished watching the video. Damn could they put more commercials in it. I hate youtube.

I have known about this site for some time, There are a couple more , but they are less known and like this one are hidden and supressed. What I don't understand is why supress this? Wouldn't you think that the Mexican authorites would want to promote this? I mean jeez the oldest sites for man in the new world. What a feather in their cap for tourism. Why do they not want the artifacts validated or even found? Who benifits from concealing this site and what it could prove?

People have had their careers ruined by the odd BS surrounding this site. No matter what date they finally settle on, this will stand the belief of when man settled the new world on it's ear.

I'm just unable to see the reason for supressing this. I don't see who benifits from it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I think it's like the notion that if our governments inform us that aliens are real (assuming they are and visit, of course), it may cause social unrest. I think this is tied into the fact that many still believe literal interpretations of the bible.

Basically either: aliens being legit, or man existing at a high level of tech long, long ago...may conflict with sacred texts that depict a different story. It may cause people to enter such a state of cognitive dissonance, that they're willing to fight for their absurd beliefs and cause a lot of chaos.

I don't really know, though. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Almost done watching it, about 7 minutes left. What I don't understand is why the secrecy? What are they trying to suppress? Whether its 10,000 years or 250,000 years why try to hide that?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Just finished watching the video. Damn could they put more commercials in it. I hate youtube.

Adblock plus. I can't remember the last time I saw a youtube ad.

I think humans overall have an ego problem. They are afraid of learning that an ancient culture might have done similar or more than what we have. People simply can't accept the idea that an advanced ancient culture could exist, they MUST be primitive! We are the pinnacle, despite homo erectus surviving over a million years long than us. Homo erectus was the first colonizer out of the early hominids that spread over multiple continents. Perhaps they spread to the Americas as well. Many archeologists believe that Homo erectus was a sea faring people as well. Evidence of this is homo florensis (the hobbit) which is located on the island of Florres, who are considered Erectus descendants. Could they have crossed the Atlantic? It's certainly not impossible. I don't understand the suppression. If our ancestors had a rich culture, I'd like to know about it.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

.but why didnt they find any skeletons of man from that time period?

the only thing I can think of is..

the bones were to small and age eroded them back to the earth .. where as the mammoth was massive and took longer.. but i don't really know..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I have known about this site for some time, There are a couple more , but they are less known and like this one are hidden and supressed. What I don't understand is why supress this? Wouldn't you think that the Mexican authorites would want to promote this? I mean jeez the oldest sites for man in the new world. What a feather in their cap for tourism. Why do they not want the artifacts validated or even found? Who benifits from concealing this site and what it could prove?

People have had their careers ruined by the odd BS surrounding this site. No matter what date they finally settle on, this will stand the belief of when man settled the new world on it's ear.

I'm just unable to see the reason for supressing this. I don't see who benifits from it.

I had the same questions..

who would ??

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Perhaps the long arm of the Vatican reaches that far? (not into the past!) I am reminded of the New Zealand Mouris
(sorry spellchecker has no idea) and their hate of the graves of pre Mourie red haired giants that are destroyed when found.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

What I don't understand is why supress this?

A better question may be, is it being suppressed at all?

Having watched about half the video, I had a little google using the terms 'Valsequillo' and 'Hueyatlaco'. I found plenty of discussion about the ongoing scientific controversy, with quite a few publications putting forward evidence to support the various positions – and, it seems, a fair amount of acceptance within the archaeological community that, while the dating of the Hueyatlaco strata to around a quarter of a million years is very anomalous with respect to the current picture of human evolution and geographical diffusion, it is probably valid. The methods used and the competence of the researchers are not in serious doubt.

The Wikipedia page on Hueyatlaco gives a very clear, concise account of the controversy, describing the various claims, quoting and often linking to the publications in which they are made. Clearly, there's not much suppression going on within the scientific community.

But earlier, it is true, there were two parties trying to keep the Hueyatlaco research quiet.

One was Jose Lorenzo, the elderly Mexican academic who accused Cynthia Irwin-Williams, the eminent archaeologist who led the first excavation at Hueyatlaco, of salting the site with artefacts. He also appears to have threatened her Mexican fieldworkers and had 'confessions' of salting extracted from them under duress. Parties associated with him may also have been behind the mysterious disappearance of Wilson's Hueyatlaco finds in Mexico. Dating these vanished artefacts would resolve the controversy once and for all.

Lorenzo's motive seems to have been simple professional jealousy combined with macho male chauvinism. There may have been a political angle, though; traditionally, in Mexico, there has been friction between the Mestizos, the people with Spanish blood who tended to be landowners and members of the elite, and the Indios, most of whom were dirt-poor and harshly exploited. There have been many revolts and uprisings in Mexico's history, and key members of the government and the mestizo upper class may have been persuaded by Lorenzo that a prior claim to the territory of Mexico going back 20,000 years might strengthen the hands of the Indios and their sympathisers. Academics in poor, backward countries, who are usually members of their countries' tiny, closely connected elites, are well known for this kind of skullduggery; frankly, there's quite a lot of it where I live. But remember, all this was a very long time ago and Mexico is a different country now.

The other person trying to suppress information about Hueyatlaco – in this case, the stratigraphic dating evidence – was, oddly enough, Williams herself. As her protégé, Virginia Steen-McIntyre, explains in the video, her reasons were simply that she didn't think the dating was credible, and feared the disbelief and ridicule that might result from their publication. Having already been burned once by the Lorenzo affair, she must have feared greatly for her reputation and career. It's notable that the list of publications on her Wikipedia page contains nothing about Hueyatlaco, and she is known to have broken with many of her colleagues over the dating issue. However, Williams died in 1990 after years of chronic respiratory illness (a career spent inhaling rock chips will do that to you) and any influence she might once have wielded is no more.

So yes, there was suppression, but not at all systematic and ultimately unsuccessful – apart, of course, from the critical issue of the stolen artefacts. But it was carried out long ago by individuals, largely for personal reasons. There is honestly nothing to suggest a cover-up by the scientific community, or by the present authorities Mexico, or a shadowy cabal of the Mexican or global elite, or anyone else of that kind.

The debate continues, unsuppressed. See, for example, The stratigraphic debate at Hueyatlaco, Valsequillo, Mexico by Harold E. Malde, Virginia Steen-McIntyre, Charles W. Naeser, and Sam L. VanLandingham.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Fascinating. an hour and a half well spent. Thanks for posting.

I tend to believe this may be true. Some theories suggest Man is much older than presently thought, that civilization has been destroyed and recreated many times stretching back millions of years in time. I too think Mike Warter's attitude is unscientific. It seems he had trouble coming up with explanations to refute the evidence against his theory especially when talking about the diatoms.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Watch the video to the end . Recently they wanted to get a permit to go back and take further samples the permit process was diliberately delayed and when they finally got it, they found that the site had been built over and filled in

There was more contraversey when they were prevented from searching for the original artifacts in the warehouse where they are stored.

Some one is actively trying to cover this up And I'm really wondering why..

edit on 9/15/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Watch the video to the end.

Thanks. I'll take your word for it.

Recently they wanted to get a permit to go back and take further samples the permit process was diliberately delayed and when they finally got it, they found that the site had been built over and filled in.

That could just be property developers doing what property developers do wherever they're allowed to. No-one is claiming that Mexico is corruption-free.

There was more contraversey when they were prevented from searching for the original artifacts in the warehouse where they are stored.

Yes, well... who knows what else is going on in that warehouse?

Some one is actively trying to cover this up And I'm really wondering why.

If you insist. That someone, then, is evidently in Mexico, and their reasons, whatever they are, must be pretty parochial. Remember the political angle I mentioned earlier. This may still be a consideration in some people's minds, especially now that the PRI is back in power. Old men dreaming dreams, you know. Certainly the cover-up is not in the world of archaeology, nor does it seem to extend beyond Mexico.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

if you watched the whole video..

it creshendos at the end..

1/2 way into the video doesn't even do the video justice..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join