It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Voluntarily Blocks Muhammad Video in Egypt and Libya

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If I go delete some pictures from my photobucket site, I'm not "policing" anyone. It's my business.

True, but you don't allow access by people in some countries and deny access to people in other countries, do you?

I don't have that capability, but if I did, I might. It would be up to me. The pictures there are MINE and I can do with them as I like. I do have the capability to allow some people (by giving them my password) and denying others. I don't do that, but I could and it would be my choice.

The youtube spokesperson I believe said the video fully met youtube guidelines so they had no reason to remove it.

I don't know YouTube's policies, but I imagine they have the right to remove ANY video they decide to for whatever reason. And that includes limiting the distribution.
edit on 9/13/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by detachedindividual
1. Secure all US sites in all Muslim nations to the best of my ability.
2. Order a government investigation to track down and arrest, interview and charge those responsible for creating or funding this video - it was done under suspicious circumstances, funded by religious extremists, and many of those filmed were lied to in order to get them to participate - that is fraud, and it has put their lives at risk.

Those are good points, if they confirm that the actors were lied to and fraud was involved, which seems plausible to me. But it may not be that clear cut if the actors signed contracts that said they allowed voiceovers, in which case it could be just sleazy but not technically illegal, so I'm not ready to convict somebody in the court of public opinion. But an investigation is warranted, I agree.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

I'm thinking that they could win a case even if they signed a contract allowing for almost anything. It certainly seems that they were lied to, and I compare it to what could happen in other instances where something highly emotive is involved.

For instance, we would all be outraged if a black actor appeared in a film they believed to be about Rosa Parks, and then they found that it had been edited to be a propaganda film for the KKK and the people who had hired them were using that film to cause racial hatred.

I think the actors have a case here, especially as their involuntary involvement will directly affect their careers, their families and their safety too.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
People here are thinking with "modern" style minds, where their people have constitutional freedoms and rights. Not all countries have these same rights we penned for ourselves. So if Youtube prohibits the viewing of a video what would be a catalyst to death and destruction throughout the world, damaging relationships in the grand scheme of things....meh. Besides, if anyone really wants to watch, I'm sure there are avenues available. And, to find out the video is a false flag......the attack had been planned weeks earlier.....before the trailor was released.......the video becomes non essential at this point. Imagine a scenario for a moment, if you will......WWIII starts because of a movie trailor.....and Youtube could have stopped it.....but because of censorship violations, they don't. In 2015, because of nuclear advancements and modern technology, 30 million people are dead, 80 million maimed or injured and there is no end in site. Yea or nay on Youtube censorship.....I say Yea.

For crying out loud, The USA has already moved 2 war ships toward Libya.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by Arbitrageur

How about a link to the video? I want to see what all the fuss is about.

Its really stupid and in my opinion, not all that offensive. It reminded me of a Borat type movie.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its a shame the YT mods couldn't have acted faster and killed this trash before it went live IMO.

Its an obvious move to provoke a violent reaction IMO.

Look at who made the vid,and look at their motives.

The hornets nest has now been poked,as planned sadly.
Why the heck can't we all get along-we are all brothers and sisters on this spinning space rock after all.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That may be true, but don't forget we have to also hold the people responsible for violence accountable for their violence. If somebody calls you a name and tries to provoke you into a fight, you don't have to beat them up. You can ignore them and walk away.

South Park has made fun of nearly every major religion on the planet but they have only received death threats as a result of one of those religions they made fun of. Something is terribly wrong with this picture, and it's not with the creators of South Park.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
just my opinion - but IMHO - this is the worst course of action possible

the content and its alledged " offiensive " matreiel is irrelevant - it is a casus belli - people are not reacting to it - they are useing it to justify pre-meditated acts

the vid is already ` out there ` - and people will find " another way " to view it . - and be ofended - so they too can " react "

most will not even watch it - they will " react " - because they " know " they should

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Why are you using a photo of a very obvious under-nourished guy as your Avatar?

Its a very cruel way to portray this guy!!

I always feel sorry for them but the only people that can sort the mess out...... won;t.

Charities have been collecting Monies for ages but the problems are still there.....

I don't mean to close my eyes to it but I feel anger, depression & guilt when I see these photos or people ask me for cash via charities because there's not much that I can do and I would prefer to feel happy, free, enlightened & Innocent in my day to day life as its better to smile than it is to be sad.

What are you trying to say with this Avatar/photo??? Are you deliberately trying to make us feel guilty?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why do we continue to bow to every need and whim of the Muslim religion..Seriously, what makes them so special...Just because they are so ignorant mined they go into a blind rage over a f*****g picture or a movie..Looks to me like they need to come out of the stone ages and join the rest of human society..Why aren't they fire bombing and human bombing googles HQ... you can type in mohammed in the images and get all kinds of disrespectful images to pop up...Religion, the most evil thing ever devised by mankind..Isn't it wonderful
edit on 13-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: sp

top topics

<< 1   >>

join