It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Romney trade tough words over attacks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

I believe the irony in all this is with the fact that Obama started out to be a peacekeeper - he did get a Nobel prize - and now he is being forced to deal with this using a closed fist, not to mention the elections, just around the corner.

He’s being forced to deal with it?

He created it! He should deal with it. That’s what you get when you go booting heads of state and replacing them with radical Muslims who hate the US.

As Obama’s mentor once said:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

And this is why a person with kind of inexperience should not be president. His lack of it has shown over and over. He is a great speaker and he is a nice guy - rah rah. But this job of being the US president is not a on the job training position - and that my friends is exactly what we got on our hands here.

God help us if we have to take another four years of this guy. He said things and made promises that he had no idea of the ramifications if he could not fulfill those promises. Example: "I will bring the troops home in six months if elected president". Now just think of the number of young Americans that have died in the last 3 1/2 years since. And lets not forget "I will cut the deficit in half in my first term if elected president". Now just think of the uncontrollable debt this country has since.

His health care bill that was jammed down all our throats without any chance for us to find out what we were getting until it was passed. Health care for anyone and everyone - even illegal immigrants - and the money is not budgeted for those 12 million illegals. So how long do you all think our economy can keep that up? That money will come from the middle class.

Like I said - he said anything it took to get the job, unfortunately his fine tongue has gotten all of us deep do do across the globe and in this America of ours. He knows how to defend himself against other politicians and Fox News. He knows how to twist words and do the opposite of what he says. He knows how to look good on TV. He knows how to read off the screen. But what we all should be afraid of is his inexperience - it is killing this country. If you read his book or see the recent movie released (2016: Obama's America) you may see what this guy is all about and is not about.

Between his inexperience and his low attitude of America he has our country at the door of being a third world country and he knows it, he only needs four more years to finish us off. He is bringing middle America down to the poverty level as fast as he can, just four more years and he will of reach his goal, he will have fulfilled his fathers dream.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Blaming any POTUS for the tension in that part of the world is troublesome to me. This cauldron has been smoldering for at least 1,200 years. We, as westerners are just having a hard time understanding that because, to us, the Crusades are ancient history. The those in the Middle East? The Crusades never ended.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

He’s being forced to deal with it?

He created it! He should deal with it.

I disagree a lot with that statement.

Obama fell on the Presidency at a time where the U.S. were retreating and dealing with the problems of absence of power (governmental power). He might be very well unfit to make those decisions and deal with the current foreign policy problems, but there is a big gap between him being unable, and him being responsible for it.

What I meant with what I said, is that he is in a position where he can't show restrain nor weakness, and that is a very volatile and sensitive area to be in. A small exchange of words and orders in the wrong direction, or at the wrong timing, and the protests - and possible conflicts - would spread and burn even faster.

That’s what you get when you go booting heads of state and replacing them with radical Muslims who hate the US.

When did Obama put in place such policy? I'm not aware of it.

From my understanding, the U.S. Presidency - with Obama - made a clear step backwards in terms of foreign influence, especially in the Middle East.

He did what most americans were asking him to do: leave the ME, leave them alone, let them figure out things on their own.

And now the problem seems to be that Obama isn't showing enough strength, and that he should get in there guns blazing, rambo style, and throw out the window all the diplomacy he worked hard to accomplish.

That diplomacy might have been wrong, weak and backfired. But still, he tried something different, and it appears that people have a lot of double standards when talking about Obama's Presidency.

People should disagree, or agree with what he is doing. You can't disagree to agree, and then agree to disagree from week to another.

In my opinion, of course.
edit on 14-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join