It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yemeni police open fire as hundreds storm the US embassy in Sanaa, casualties reported

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Your trying to convey a what if scenario and bringing up ancient history as is so often done on these boards to defend Islam. We are not talking what if's here but the cold hard reality of right here and right now which is Muslims are doing their usual thing of going completely mental over trivial things.

There is no excuse here. These people know right from wrong. I agree some of these countries are much less civilised than our own but they still understand that murder is wrong. And as for you calling the guys a few posts up a mini Hitler, In my opinion the closest thing we have to Nazism and is as dangerous on this planet right now is Islam.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanrak77

I am not defending Islam. Its a bad system, like all religion. I am also saying these people know right from wrong. They are in the wrong!

However treating everyone who fits a profile as a criminal, before it is proven guilty, is wrong.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So when is the war?

That's why we went through all these hoops with the bells and whistles of a full fledged crappy and free YouTube movie by a known non-religious con man....at his expense even though he was broke....

So when is the war.....? That's what this is about...our response.....target practice.....when?

I would like to know.

edit on 14-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
MEXICO is living a situation of imposition and the whole country is against it they say ,ENRIQUE PENA NIETO IS NOT THE LEGAL PRESIDENT OF MEXICO,,,the political party PRI bougth the election by bribering the poor and sending treats in work places, telling the working class to vote for them or else,the nation is agravated,and there is a violent conflict,dont know why this kind of news are not in the media,is because the conflict is too close to home???.....the central american presidents refuse to attend a metting witj Enrique pena nieto ,from El Salvador and Nicaragua,so lets see if this doesnt become another YEMEN.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The movie was released as an excuse and a cover for Al Qaeda's true intentions to get back at the U.S. for drone attacks that killed a top leader in June and now a top leader this last Monday in Yemen.

"Key al-Qaeda leader killed in Yemen" (Article dated Sept. 11th, but killing took place on Sept. 10th)

Saeed al-Shihri, described as the second-in-command of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), has been killed in a military operation, Yemeni government officials said.

www.aljazeera.com...

However, there is some confusion on who was responsible for this leader's death.

Some reports say it was the Yemen military and the Yemen military is stating it was a U.S. drone attack.

Regardless, it's an excuse for Al Qaeda to use against the U.S.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Tho i'm rarely 100% certain,I have no doubt there are hooligans,opportunists and thugs in the mix,but in general this uprising appears to be ideologically motivated..

edit on 14-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Darce

I'd like to know why the Media calls these people "Protesters". Judging by the imagery, they are not protesting at all - they are Rioting. Destroying property, injuring and killing people. These are protesters - they are rioting, so why is the media handing out sympathy? If these actions took place in any major city in the States you'd hear the media calling us rioters, etc etc.

It really does make me sick. This is over A DAMN MOVIE. A shady one at that.
edit on 14-9-2012 by zeeon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeon

I think w'eve determined this uprising is over more than just a movie,which was release some months ago..
Rioters indeed.
edit on 14-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They come after our people, we shoot to kill. Simple as that!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Time to pull out the .50 Cal machine guns... You want to storm the Embassy, we have something waiting for you...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The world would be a much better place if we could rid it of morons like those.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Sorry man but your proposal is wrong. Very wrong... You're talking like a sheep. Baahahaha, bleet bleet.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Yeah this has nothing to do with our continued presence in their countries in which we are continuously meddling in their affairs. That has nothing to do with it, they are 100% okay with that. You can bomb the crap out of them, impoverish them, violate their countries sovereignty but you make some lousy video about their religion and they begin to riot.

yes because that is the only cause for their discontent. You tools. You try to pin it all on religion as their only motivation. They have tons of reason to revolt. If you believe the video is the true reason for the revolt then you are just buying propaganda to put the usa in a good light to justify further aggression there.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Sorry man but your proposal is wrong. Very wrong... You're talking like a sheep. Baahahaha, bleet bleet.

O.k. Give me a better solution. Can you do it?

Lets say war breaks out. Islam can have a dual agenda by it's very nature. It's own scriptures say it's o.k. to lie and deceive to reach it's goals. Knowing this, how do you propose to protect your U.S. citizens from potential Muslim terrorists working within our own borders?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

So why wait for the video? Why not just start kicking off every day if they are so angry about the general situation?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Yes, there we go again. The incessant victim mentality. “They have a right to be mad.” The idea that all their problems are being caused by us meddling in their affairs. It is a result of the fact that the cultural leaders do not want to admit that they have been screwing up for the last 1000+ years. They want a bogeyman to point to and go, “It’s not our fault, it’s their fault. They are the ones that are keeping us down!!” It’s the simple act of deflection.

If you want to see how asinine that that argument is, go look at Korea. When the war went on hold, the south was awash with every type of explosive ordinance known to man. They lived in squalor. A good portion of their population had died in a proxy war supported by two super powers. After the fighting was put on the back burner, did they just sit around in their filth for 40 years, and tell everyone that the reason they are suffering is because America used them as pawns? No!! Did they hold it against us that they were used as stand ins in a war between us and china. No, They was thankful for the help we provided them. Did they whine and cry that their cultural and social problems were a result of the constant US military presence in their country? No….What they did was pull themselves up by their boot straps and hit the ground running. They are now among the top twenty economies of the world. They are among the top 10 military forces of the world. All that while getting no OIL money, and having a north Korea breathing down their necks 24, 7.

The middle eastern areas had it no worse than SK had it. And they usually had it better because they have often had a constant flow of oil money coming in to support their economy.

So enough of the stupid blame game. The only ones responsible for their condition is themselves and no one else.

The only reason other countries have to constantly go in there is to straighten things out because the people there can’t keep a lid on things.

Yes, they may be mad about the things we do, but to sit there and pound their fist about it won’t get them anywhere. It just makes them look the idiots they are. It’s time for them to quit blaming other people. It’s time for them to grow up and accept responsibility for their own condition and work on correcting their own cultural and religious problems that is causing the condition in the first place.

And them getting enraged at things we do in our own country is not our problem, it’s their problem. They are the ones that need to learn restraint when dealing with what they see from other countries and religions. They expect every other country to practice restraint when they deal with stuff coming out of the middle east, but they refuse to practice any restraint when the crap flows the other way. If they don’t like what they see coming from this country, then tough luck. I am fully fed up with the whining bunch of hypocrites.

Unless they grow up, and grow up fast, I have a feeling that they are going to be in a world of hurt.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I find it doubly concerning / ironic / ridiculous that you advocate that, whilst having a District 9 reference as your avatar.

Treating people like cattle, however well intentioned, will never end with a positive outcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join