It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wants Bush Out!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
It is where dreams can come true.

Like most other country.

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Originally posted by IBM

Like most other country.

Tell me what other country has a better college and university system than the US? Why do others come to study to the US? Obviously we are better. IF you study in the middle of a jungle ridden country your dreams will not come true because the resources do not exist.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
IBM The USA is just another country. But its a country where corporations rule, and call all the shots... where money is power and humanity is overlooked for profit. Its a country where politicians are bought out through 'political sponsorship'. A country where the rich get richer and poor get forgotten about and arent give n the opportunity you praise. A country that preaches human rights and tolerance, yet when put under the microscope does not practice these things, it is a country where scientific progress is impeded for commercial gain. A country where the environment means #, if its going to affect the economy. A country that will allow people all over the world to suffer so its people can own 2 SUVs. A Country that goes to war on false pretenses. A country that causes problems worldwide, yet never takes responsibility.

To me the USA is a country that incorporates greed and corruption...

I'm sorry to those who love your country (i'm sure it is a nice place), but your system needs a major overhaul. I'm not attacking the people of your country, I'm not attacking the 'land of opportunity', I'm attacking what this land has become and the people who make it so...

Those my friends, are a fraction of the reasons the world does not favour your country.

Oh and IBM.. the English University/Colledge system is generally excepted as alot better... more people around the world know of Oxford and Cambridge, than Yale and Harvard.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by specialasianX]

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
SpecialAsianX if I bought an SUV I will not be sorry for the hard work I put into earning it. No corporation rules me. Corporations are just an excuse of the lazy people not wanting to work hard. Im not being told by any company what to do in my house. I am glad that large corporations exist. I am a consumer and proud of it. I purchase a product i like, the company makes a profit, we both go home happy. How are my human rights being violated? Is there anyone being mass executed or enslaved? I dont think so. My freedom has not been violated. If people are so against corporations, why dont they complete school and start thier own to corporations to compete against the others. There is nothing wrong with a corporation in that it is a business like any other. I am glad I dont live in a place where terrorism would be the determining fact in my life. I would much rather worry about prices than bullets. I myslef think that America is too nice and naive, we are letting oursleves get taken advantage of and this needs to be stopped. Thats only two colleges. We have MIT, CalTECH, Berkley, John Hopnins, Princeton, the list can go on.....

[edit on 22-10-2004 by IBM]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
" I am glad I dont live in a place where terrorism would be the determining fact in my life. I would much rather worry about prices than bullets."

Can somebody else see the irony on this ^

..America..the land where no one have to dodge bullets or be afraid of random violence and murders.Where terrorism doesn�t affect your daily life.
-ap

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Never heard of them except fo princetoon... but even then not with the prestige that oxford and cambridge have...

Also i know the people of the US dont care how their actions will affect the rest of the world (some do... most dont) and franky you can have your SUV if it makes you feel good about yourself. Corporations arent all bad... its the corrupt ones and the fact the gov. gets corrupted by the corporations that makes it bad.

And do you care that there are people in Africa who work twice as hard as you ever will just so they can be fed? While your country rapes their lands for their resources so that the CEO's of the companys doing the raping can have another house. Sure if you live in the US its all fine and dandy, but you obviosly dont care how your countrys oven-consumerism affect the rest of the world... and i guess if you'll have a self-centred perspective of the world, i dont think i can change your point of view

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
IBM The USA is just another country. .

Don't make me laugh. If we are just another country, how come every person in the world with half a brain would know that the US is BY FAR the most powerfull country? How come if we are "just another country" does everyone come to us with their problems? How come we pay for the majority of everything? How come we have the best military? How come the dollar is the strongest currency in the world? Etc etc etc etc etc etc.......

To me the USA is a country that incorporates greed and corruption...

Well you can say the same thing about your country and every other western/modern free market economy nation in the world. Or do you think that Europe is any different? How about Japan? How about China? How about Russia?

As far as corruption goes, it's no better or worse here then any other country.

I'm sorry to those who love your country (i'm sure it is a nice place), but your system needs a major overhaul. I'm not attacking the people of your country, I'm not attacking the 'land of opportunity', I'm attacking what this land has become and the people who make it so...

An over haul? Are you kidding? Our country is the greatest nation ever to grace Earth - more powerfull then the Roman or English empires. We are the center of civilization on Earth in case you haven't figured that out yet.

Oh and IBM.. the English University/Colledge system is generally excepted as alot better... more people around the world know of Oxford and Cambridge, than Yale and Harvard.

And no - the English system is not considered better. Want proof? All the best profs come from Oxford and Cambridge to work here. You know, at places like MIT that brought us the internet.

Hell, in just the Ivy League alone you can come up with schools that match the very best of all of Europe combined. That is to say nothing of the very technical schools such as MIT and Berkley.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aape

Originally posted by IBM
" I am glad I dont live in a place where terrorism would be the determining fact in my life. I would much rather worry about prices than bullets."

Can somebody else see the irony on this ^

..America..the land where no one have to dodge bullets or be afraid of random violence and murders.Where terrorism doesn�t affect your daily life.
-ap

Compared to most of Europe, we have had nearly zero terrorism - less then 1 attack on our home soil a decade. We also have lower violent crime rates then say, the UK.

Oh yeah - and AsianX

I drive a Jeep! It eats up lots of gas and I don't care because I am a typical rich American who owns 10 different guns and played football. My other car was an old GTO (before I sold it). That ate up even more gas and blew more smoke into the O zone cause it had no CAT. I guess I am the prime example of why the world hates America.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
[Don't make me laugh. If we are just another country, how come every person in the world with half a brain would know that the US is BY FAR the most powerfull country?

In matter of fact they are the people with half a brain who say something like that.

How come we have the best military?

Because you start a war every 5 years and so. One must have something to start with. And i wouldn�t say you have best military with any aspect as all. By waging war against 3rd world countries you can�t prove a #. Ok you have fancy toys there but it doesn�t mean nothing about strategical decision making and overal fitness of your troops. And anyway who would want to brag about ones army except you?

How come the dollar is the strongest currency in the world

Whaaat? By what means? Last 6 years i have checked dollars has gone down.

Our country is the greatest nation ever to grace Earth - more powerfull then the Roman or English empires. We are the center of civilization on Earth in case you haven't figured that out yet.

I really REALLY feel sorry for you. I haven�t got words to descripe your sayings so i just let it be. I don�t know what your media is feeding to you and now I don�t even want to know.

-ap

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Compared to most of Europe, we have had nearly zero terrorism

Hmm yeah..? Well tell me; what is the current national terrorist threat level in the US - is it 'Low'?

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Durden]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Specialasianx have you ever been to America?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I guess I am the prime example of why the world hates America.

At least you are right one on one issue.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Originally posted by IBM

Like most other country.

Tell me what other country has a better college and university system than the US? Why do others come to study to the US? Obviously we are better. IF you study in the middle of a jungle ridden country your dreams will not come true because the resources do not exist.

England. For EXACTLY the same reasons. Why do Americans/japanese/french etc come to Oxford and cambridge? Lets not get drawn into who is better. Plus different people have different dreams, education is not the ONLY way to achieve your dreams. Some peoples dream are to spend 1 night in a tropical jungle under the stars amongst the wild. So whilst jungles do not have 'dream' education they contain the dreams of nature.

Beneth college and Uni your education is nothing special really, nor is Englands. Anyway, dreams can be found all around the world. Can you got to America to visit the great wall of china? no can you go to America to visit the pyramids?? no. Can you set up your own business in America? yes and germany? yes and england? yes and france yes and india yes etc etc etc

Do you see my point? Dreams can entail MANY things which are not found in America, so how can America alone be the land of dreams?

America contains one of my dreams which is to experince New York and its size, food, peoples etc. But I have others that America can't offer. Which is why I see the Earth as the place of dreams!

BTW, corperations only interested in profit margins whilst ignoring the impact of there ways on environment and peoples are not the complaints of Lazy people. These are people that can take there head OUT of the system and look around.
Tell the hard working farmer he is lazy when the corperation McDonolds force the industry to factory farm.

Tell the hard working child making clothes for rich corperations he is lazy. I could do on, but I doubt you care.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hahahaha you guys make me laugh A LOT!!!!!
You "fanatic united we stand" are too much into this!!!!! Do you understand that MATERIAL and MONEY is not important, it is not a good value, USA is the Land of consumerism, money, beauty and brainswashing!!!!
And with your posts, now we can ALL beleive it is TRUE

Forget about american dream and start living in harmoney, peace, love and take care of the ones you care for...that's it

Come in Montr�al....you'll see the is not just "trees and snow" baby

By the way...beautiful women do have influence, I agree

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I love you americans because u r humans of planet earth just like me

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
Hahahaha you guys make me laugh A LOT!!!!!
You "fanatic united we stand" are too much into this!!!!! Do you understand that MATERIAL and MONEY is not important, it is not a good value, USA is the Land of consumerism, money, beauty and brainswashing!!!!
And with your posts, now we can ALL beleive it is TRUE

Forget about american dream and start living in harmoney, peace, love and take care of the ones you care for...that's it

Come in Montr�al....you'll see the is not just "trees and snow" baby

By the way...beautiful women do have influence, I agree

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I love you americans because u r humans of planet earth just like me

Amelia, Beauty is naturally accepted anywhere. So why did you choose your avatar of a beautiful women, instead of an ugly one? Where do you live now?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
................he might invade, but because he's stirring a hornets nest in the wrong way... instead of smoking the hornets out thus making them less dangerous, he's jabbing a stick in the hornets nest sending them into a frenzy... and then he attacks a bee hive and tells the world its a hornets nest... and even after the evidence shows its a bee hive, he still insists their hornets..................

Here is more prime evidence why we shouldn't trust international voices....yet again another foreign source providing intelligence misleads bush, and then blames us after we use the stick.

Actually that bit about it not mattering; it probably already has.....more than any other piece of information about bush....the writings of the international posters on this board have been swaying me towards bush.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
American Mad Man

what makes you think that MIT brought us the internet? stanford, UCLA, & Utah first three universities connected by ARPANET.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As far as America having the best education system, well maybe.....

But India surprisingly has more engineers per capita than any other country. Guess where a lot of engineering is getting outsourced to these days, hmmm.

Now the Japanese have shown they are pretty smart with technology, they make great products at an affordable price. The Chinese are going ahead full speed with their manufacturing as well.

In Russia there are also vast numbers of very well educated professional people. In Europe too.

If Americans are so smart, why is the economy going backwards ?? Why are imported motor vehicles replacing Chev's and Fords on the roads??

Even the US aircraft industry is bleeding these days. Having a university education is one thing, but putting it to good use is something else. You have to ask yourself why all this is happening........

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
American Mad Man

Most of your points have been debunked or refuted... and it is obvious you are so ignorantly patriotic...

But your point of how the US is the best empire ever, even better than the english empire?

In its prime the English Empire controlled more of the world than the US does (and that includes the Puppet regiemes the US has around the world), British culture was far more widespread, and the British had no major rivals (economically, militarily or culturally)...

So where you get the idea that the US empire is the best ever, i dont know... but it isnt even up there with the best yet, so get off your high horse and realise your country isnt all that, and it is just another block of land in an ever diverse and changing planet.

And someone asked if i have been to the USA, no i havent, but i would like to visit (once Bush is out of power), becausei relaisei have much to learn about your country, and i think most of the people would be great people to get to know (i have friends from the US and in the US and they are great... even the republicans
)... its just arrogant 'american is the best in everything' attitudes that i hate.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So specialasianx if you have never been to the US, how would you, or could you possibly know what problems the US may or may not have?
I see you posting constantly about the problems with the US system, the problems faced by US citizens etc. But with no practical or first hand knowledge you are pretty much talking out of your as* aren't you?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join