It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Wants Bush Out!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

This is the guardian article I was referring to.
The quotes I mentioned were bradcast on the news channels I mentioned so do not jhave any links.
However almost every commnet I have heard has been to the effect of
" The US foreign policy effects the whole world and its frustratng we dont get a say in who becomes president"
Keep in mind this is not a direct quote merly representative of the comments I have heard.
However the whole point of the guardian article was to show those in the UK how they could influence the US election by writing to undecided voters.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hmm... well this sounds more like an initiative by one newspaper. I'm sure they were able to get a group of people to agree with them on this idea as well. However, I don't think that this should be seen as a representative of the views of rest of the world. The fact that people outside the US are critizising the Bush Administration is one thing. Believeing that non-americans in general feel that they should have the right to have an actual say in the US election is quite another.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I had made a post with a link to that guardian article.

I have now also posted a link to the replies thet the US folks sent.

I just wanted to say the world wants the US out!! The whole damned country... build big booster rockets on it and send it into space where they can bully themselves and have an arms race that never ends. That will leave the planet to us normal folks to get on with our daily lives. Ahhhh bliss!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The world's opinion of this nation is very important. We ARE NOT alone on this planet. So, being the people that cherish our freedom (of speech, choice, expression, etc), why would anyone in their right mind support this President. He cannot speak *communicate effectively), he as the leader of the greatest power in the free world should be able to do this! He cannot form alliances with foriegn powers, with this Irag war he has all but lost our closest allies. I am not a democrat neither am I a republican but I do vote! I would not recommend to anyone to vote for Mr Bush.

God help us all if he is reelected!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Acutally like always you are leaving the part of where Canadians have to cross the border to the US and buy some prescription drugs down here which their health program doesn't allow in Canada...how is that for letting your poor people die?

Sources please? If you're going to accuse my country of letting our people die, I'd at least like to see it documented.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by specialasianX
Cargo

I think an Australian Newspaper would have a better idea what the Aussie people like than some conservative radio show half way around the world.

WTF? Radio 3AW is is Melbourne, Australia, not Melbourne, Fla.

Anyway, John Howard is for Bush. That carries a lot more weight that two unknown US-haters posting on the internet.

Well this US Citizen, U.S. Army veterarn of 20 years, and Ohioian is proud to say he agrees with these so called "US-haters" are saying. Just like a Bush supporter, ignore the whole picture and make your decisions based upon selected information (be it true or not!), Glad your voting for Bush, hope most folks have more common sense.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
The only people that says the United States commits atrocities, are the people that hate this nation. That goes for the people within this country that is voting against President Bush.

A vote for Kerry is the display of hatred for the American way of life.

[edit on 15/10/04 by Intelearthling]

You are aware of the implications of your statement, aren't you?

Because it basically means that people who do not vote Republican are not true Americans, and that they hate their country.

This discourse can also be interpreted, in its extreme meaning, as advocating the instauration of the only truly "American" government, which means permanent Republican rule.

I think that when the opposing party and its supporters - even if they represent a good portion of the country's population - begin to get dubbed "enemies of the people", dictatorship is not far behind. Or civil war.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Politics
A wise man once said family and politics don't mix, well the same holds true with traveling. You'll find there are few countries outside of the U.S. where U.S. foreign policy isn't despised. And there are very legitimate reasons for this. Listen and learn. Don't brag about being republican, the party and Bush are overwhelmingly scary to many abroad. Plus, statistically speaking there is a high probability you will become a democrat after spending time overseas. Or you might just give up on American politics all together and decide to stay in Europe. It happens more times than you might think.

backpackingineurope.org...

This is just one reason I don;t suport President Bush being reelected. I served overseas in the US military. I formed many friendships, and the above listing from the address listed is just one of many that express what a world once envious of this nation thinks of our leader!

Why do you suppose that is? Maybe because he has shown the world we don't care about them, just us.

Already, 4 years to many!!!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
begin to get dubbed "enemies of the people", dictatorship is not far behind. Or civil war.

I believe there will be a civil war soon. With people calling 50% of the population traitors, un-american etc things might get ugly. Americans have never been so apart before now. FEMA are just waiting for it to happen, with a smile on there face!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
yup...john titor was right after all

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Excuse me? Republicans aren't grown up?

Listen you "Intelearthlink", I'm not american (happy about that A LOT!) but you are totally the kind of person who is brainwased by american patriotism of the government. U can like your country, but a country is just a peace of land...
Patriotism is very important in your country, but it does'nt mean u have to beleive and trust all that the government say and do. Yeah...u r proud to be american but every nation can make a bad move and become "the black sheep" and that is what u r right now, I'm sorry....Everybody hates the US government, now something has to change...
Why don't you start living your own life instead of focusing on a government plenty of disgusting old men who wants to be the king of the world...it's too late now buddy, u will have to let your government down and let go...Ur country has destroyed a part of the world, plenty of lives just for money, they lied, they cheated....and u like them!!! Well, sorry for you baby..I know U CAN'T SEE THAT, your news channel is just and total propaganda and brainwash!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   

[. U can like your country, but a country is just a peace of land...

Wrong amelia. America is not a piece of land. It is a shared dream and promise. It is a society, and a culture. America is not the land underfoot it is the people in that land.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331

Wrong amelia. America is not a piece of land. It is a shared dream and promise. It is a society, and a culture. America is not the land underfoot it is the people in that land.

BRAVO

As great as her avatar is, she has no idea what in the hell she is talking about.

And talk about brainwashing - it seems that global liberalism has been doing a number on her with all that rhetoric of how evil America is.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
As great as her avatar is, she has no idea what in the hell she is talking about. And talk about brainwashing - it seems that global liberalism has been doing a number on her with all that rhetoric of how evil America is.

Oh, global liberalism now is it? So you guys attempt to argue that the world was behind the invasions of afghanistan and Iraq, then when that is shown to be a complete spin of bull defication, world opinion simply fades into the 'evil rhetoric of global liberalism'... Get real. Sad to think you are actually going to cop out on a partisan note, World Liberalism eh? LOL It is sad to think you not only buy into the two party illusion, but you are digging in on the wrong side of an imaginary fence. World Liberalism, jesus man you make that word up or did you parrot it from the GOP rhetoric? Hey guess what guys, the rest of the world is liberal because they also oppose illegal and preemptive invasions! Woot!
Hey I smell something... Who let the bull in here?!?!?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
When they want to do what in their hearts they know is right....then I will listen...and no wonder the world wants Bush out. He has balls and did what the world community said they would but yet couldn't.

Lol
You mean he had the balls to make mistake after mistake?
Comon, such an arrogant, proud, unintelligent man really does not deserve a second chance in my opinion.
Kerry would have gotten my vote, and I think most of my country (the netherlands) would vote Kerry as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

As great as her avatar is, she has no idea what in the hell she is talking about.

And talk about brainwashing - it seems that global liberalism has been doing a number on her with all that rhetoric of how evil America is.

Maybe she thinks past countries and boarders?. If America is a dream its time you woke up.

EARTH is our house , our country is just one room!

Freedom of the country is one thing but it means nothing if you do not have freedom of the mind.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

BRAVO

I'm not saying that the states is crap!!!!! I know u LOVE your country and u have your flag on the garden....But you don't have to hate each other (repub/demo) for that!!!!Every country is a piece of land...yours is not better..why don't american understand that they are not better than the rest of the world!!!!!!

I'm done here....
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbut I love you anyway

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In defence of Amelia...

Why can't people resist equating foreign disapproval of a government or its policies and hate of an entire nation?

"Liberals" are not spreading hate of America as a nation, which is as it should be. No nation should be hated for the actions of its government.

I am far, far from hating America. What I do hate is people thinking that because I criticize the current American government, it automatically means I hate America as a whole.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
What I do hate is people thinking that because I criticize the current American government, it automatically means I hate America as a whole.

Yeah. But this ridiculous logic of theirs makes it a whole lot easier to ignore the actual criticism.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Durden]

IBM

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Excuse me? Republicans aren't grown up?

Listen you "Intelearthlink", I'm not american (happy about that A LOT!) but you are totally the kind of person who is brainwased by american patriotism of the government. U can like your country, but a country is just a peace of land...
Patriotism is very important in your country, but it does'nt mean u have to beleive and trust all that the government say and do. Yeah...u r proud to be american but every nation can make a bad move and become "the black sheep" and that is what u r right now, I'm sorry....Everybody hates the US government, now something has to change...
Why don't you start living your own life instead of focusing on a government plenty of disgusting old men who wants to be the king of the world...it's too late now buddy, u will have to let your government down and let go...Ur country has destroyed a part of the world, plenty of lives just for money, they lied, they cheated....and u like them!!! Well, sorry for you baby..I know U CAN'T SEE THAT, your news channel is just and total propaganda and brainwash!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Look Amelia, I probably would not go off like this if I was speaking to the person on your avatar in real life. The piece land you refer to is our home and it will be defened and kept sacred. It will be honored for those who protect it and won it during war. If we let our guard down it can be taken. I am glad im not Canadian because be would not have anything to be proud of except snow and trees. What major inventions have come out of Canada that haev changed the world? It is not just any ordinary piece of land like Canada. It is the land of opportunity, where one can become anyone as long as you work hard. It is where dreams can come true.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join