It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you *BE* the calmness (Peace) behind the emotion? [From STILL calmness - eMOTION happens]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The "being" precede the "thought" and the "action". Can you find the state of "being" behind the thought and emotion?

Here is a quick example, if you can silence the mind of thought by focusing on breathing, after you succeed, what "emotion" is there? Detaching from the excitement of happiness or unhappiness, there is calmness from which the emotions (excitement) arises.

Peace (calmness) is vast, and from there the excitement of the emotions arises.
Silence is vast, and from there the thoughts arises.

Can you stay true to the silent nature of calmness even in the mist of different emotions?

Emotions happen, thoughts happen, actions happen, but keeping to the root of silence - the state of being of calmness can manifest THROUGH the thoughts and action.

I hope this all makes sense...

In other words, it may be hard to keep the mind completely silent from thought, but it is possible to keep the state of being - the Calmness with your throughout all arising emotions... Understanding that you are not the emotion but the calmness before it in which it arises...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

have you ever experienced the situation, where there was a lot of action going on around you, but you stay really calm ? like you would not be a part of the "scene". my theory is, it is a gift. when you are involved and part of the action or you stand aside in a calm mood, is something, a human cannot do on his own.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by arpgme

have you ever experienced the situation, where there was a lot of action going on around you, but you stay really calm ?

Yes, I do it all the time. It felt natural to me but I couldn't explain it to others.

reply to post by arpgme

like you would not be a part of the "scene".

You aren't a part of the "scene" the emotion and the thoughts are but at any moment, just like you can remember that there is SILENCE behind the thoughts in your mind - there is also CALMNESS behind the emotions...

reply to post by arpgme

my theory is, it is a gift.

It is going back to the root of existence, before emotion and before thought - calmness, silence.

reply to post by arpgme

when you are involved and part of the action or you stand aside in a calm mood, is something, a human cannot do on his own.

Any being can return to this state, in fact, it is the natural state until one is over thinking or over excite (with either positive or negative emotion)....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

i guess, this is what stressed people look for, when they drop out and go into the wilderness or move to the countryside.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Yes, but you don't have to go anywhere to reach it;
although if you want to that is completely fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

do you have a technique for it ? can you cause it deliberately or is it non-stop natural for you ?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

When the drama happens and the thoughts go wild, we can even refocus our thoughts onto more calmness, or we can simply focus on the breathing to silent the mind

top topics

join