It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind Spot Insanity

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe this is how they really look, and our brains are able to process it through this trick!

Show me ordinary people morphing and I will change my tune, otherwise they are all aliens in disguise!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Woah, this pic makes me feel like my eyes are crossed even when they are not! I find it really quite hard to keep looking at this picture, I can't seem to decide on which set of eyes I want to focus in on.

To the OP, very cool find, I love it. Totally amazing!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Yes, very cool, it's like your brain can't decide which face to lock onto (obvious), perhaps because the other face/eyes are always so close to focal point that brain keeps wanting to check them for eye contact confirmation (loose theory, heh).

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Also I think the singular joining nose confuses our facial processing, like we have to know which face belongs to the nose. Would be neat to see if the effect stays with two noses in the mix as well (maybe not, prob. why there's just one slightly elongated one).

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The two faces in the OP just got really blurry. I wondered, "Exactly what am I looking for?..."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

hahahah
ugly celebrities

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yes indeed, this is why humans look directly at each other when conversing.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They turned into anime looking people for me lol

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Better lay off the tentacle pRon, I guess.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
These things always bug me. I'm blind in one eye, so all I see is the cross I'm staring at and out-of-focus faces on the periphery.

It's as exciting as a 3d movie for me. *shrug*

...forever envious of the biopic.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
These things always bug me. I'm blind in one eye, so all I see is the cross I'm staring at and out-of-focus faces on the periphery.

It's as exciting as a 3d movie for me. *shrug*

...forever envious of the biopic.
Did you see this post:

Originally posted by XL5
If I cover my left eye, the face on the right side will have no right eye and the opposite will happen if I cover my right eye.
I just tried the same thing. If I cover one eye, the effect still works, but in only works on one eye meaning one image looks normal and the other image (which is where the blind spot is) looks distorted.

So if blind in one eye is your only issue then you should still be able to see what I see when I cover one eye. Stereo vision isn't required to see this effect (though it is for 3-D movies).

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

That picture makes me nauseated and dizzy. I think if I looked at it long enough I would throw up. Makes my brain want to do a blue screen.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hehe interesting exercise.. for me they started to warp... Bigger noses, eyes, more pronounced cheeks... As if a street artist would draw "you" rollerblading down some street... you know BIG head small body artists.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
CRAZY!!!! Awesome link, it blew my mind.

I too noticed a bunch of them looked liked the stereotypical "greys" Aliens. I wonder if this simple little trick exposes one of the biggest phenomenons of our time. I have heard some people before talk about how the reason so many people see the same Aliens (other than them existing, if they do) is because there is something hard wired into our brains that causes us to all share a similar experience like seeing the grey aliens.

This kind of provides some evidence for that theory. Many of us are seeing the traditional grey alien faces on these people, perhaps the whole alien phenomenon is some sort of odd mental freak out or something and this little trick shows it's possible for different people to see the same thing, even though it's not really there.

At times they did look like caricatures, which is what the previous poster was talking about I believe, when he mentioned the people on the street that draw your picture but make you look all funnny.

After googling caricatures I found the following pictures that look very similar to how some of those faces looked in the OP's link:

Link

Anyway, very cool post, I'm going to have to show some friends this trick.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Thanks, good post and thoughts btw.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is wild! They turn into aliens and cartoon characters. Good illusions, different perceptions?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well I am sort of lost on what is supose to happen because I could tell the difference between faces, and recognized some of them not all of them though.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So if Aliens come to earth will they see us like we see us? Or a different way..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
They turned into anime looking people for me lol

For me it was like my brain was using that face deformer app people mess with on their phones/pictures haha.
edit on 14-9-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PegCity420
So if Aliens come to earth will they see us like we see us? Or a different way..

Interesting thought. It depends on how their eyes/brains work (that's if they even have these)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join