THIS is what a POLICE STATE looks like! (personal experience)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So. Got pulled over for "weaving in between parked cars" and "veering into the right hand parking lane" as I was turning right. There are three cars parked on that street. Two of them are ass to nose, an the other is 4 blocks away. I'd LOVE to know how I weaved in between those. Also, sorry for not making a full 90 degree turn.
THIS IS WHAT A POLICE STATE LOOKS LIKE. I'd LOVE to watch the video of my driving. Because I KNOW D*** WELL I didn't weave/veer off ONCE.

and my favorite part was when I said "my father is the court administrator and my mother works for the police department, I don't want to harm their reputation."
she (the cop) replied "oh, can we start over?"

yeah, ladies and gents, tonight was a rough night. being wrongly accused of driving "poorly."

EDIT: I got a $300 ticket.
no nepotism here, except for the fact that she "wanted to start over."
which just PROVES she KNOWS she pulled me over for a bogus reason.
i've got pictures of the street that I got pulled over on as well. (literally 20 feet from my house, I was turning on to my street to go home.)

and THEN she had the audacity of accusing me of drinking because I was UPSET and my forehead was sweating.
now. I'm the kind of girl who has never gotten a DETENTION in school. the thought of getting in trouble upsets me. ESPECIALLY because of my parents. so this woman accuses me of being drunk because I'm nervous, upset, and sweating. on a hot summer night, after being pulled over by the cops, when I HATE getting in trouble.

I hope to GOD this woman gets fired.. or even better.. arrested.
edit on 13-9-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)
edit on 13-9-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
oh, I've also got $300 worth of tickets because of it.
and I was 20 feet from my house.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Actually the alarming part of your story, to me, is that you apparently got shown favoritism because of the fact that you have family in the system.

As for the rest? You apparently didn't get a ticket and being pulled over, even if erroneously, is a far cry from a police state. Just means a cop took a shot at fishing for a juicy DUI collar.

~Heff

ETA: You posted your second post while I was typing. If they are bogus tickets, fight them.
edit on 9/13/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

sorry, you may not have seen my reply. I got 300 worth of tickets. but YES. I was like. REALLY?!? she CLEARLY knew that she pulled me over for a bogus reason.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
lucky your in amerika... over here you would be facing additional charges for using relatives to get out of trouble ... and theyd be investigated by the anti-corruption commission..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

I'm in sympathy with your $300 in tickets, really.

But you gotta post how you got them so we can be appropriately judgey.

edit on 9/13/12 by Ameilia because: to add the word "be" =)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

a traffic violation for "veering into the right hand parking lane" when I was turning right..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is what cops do, they are now there to raise revenue for the goverment and the private investors of the police force (the police force is a LTD company, with investors who want to see a return on their investments) This means police for profit, not for protection. Which means they have to criminalise as much of the population as possible, to meet quotas. (helped by handy laws made by those who are investing their money, good way to get a return) Coupled with the cold hearted fact that the police are on a massive power trip and enjoy bullying and belittleing everyday people. They are criminals, hired by the goverment to keep the status quo.

Sorry you had to deal with them, I know it's hard to avoid them all the time, but it really is best. They are the most untrustworthy people on the planet.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
and the worst part is, in Illinois, if you try to fight the ticket, and you lose, the tickets are DOUBLED.
so it's pointless.

"just listen to the cop, and agree to whatever they say, because if you don't you'll owe MORE money, even if you're wrongfully accused."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
It’s called revenue raising….. no surprises here, she was probably down on her quota for the month, near the end of her shift and you got picked.

Fight them if you want to…… but it will cost you more.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

lol.
Yesterday a cop took my gerber multi tool of me. said it was illegal even though i knew it wasn't. He had two cop buddies with him, They said they do me a favour and not CHARGE me this time as that would incur a 300 euro fine or 750 if it was a second offence.
The multi tool was a gift from a friend and work colleague who died tragically.
I walked away. But was simmering with anger, 10 minutes later i returned to where the cop was now showing his new aquisition to his friends.
"ok, charge me" I said "give me a receipt for the multi-tool, i'm happy to pay the fine"
and "i want your name and number"
Policy man quietly handed my tool back!
RESULT!!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

very cool! I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
I will keep this story in mind if it happens again!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by discolo

ah! that's my favorite line as well! "we're doing you a favor" "we're gonna let you off the hook" etc. bleh, filthy pigs!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Last week my spouse (whose is a lousey driver - he cannot stay dead center in the middle of the lane, no matter how hard he tries - or maybe doesn't care) ... anyway, in the middle of the night in an empty tiny town he turned left and crossed over the TIP of the center line. Sloppy driver is all, and he wouldn't have done that if there were any other cars on the street at that time of night.

So, he's pulled over and instead of a breathalyzer (he doesn't drink or do dope) he gets a full vehicle SEARCH!

Weird.

There have been so many incidents where they find nothing and toss in a single dope seed during their search to cover their own hineys. He was "expecting" them to pull that common trick.

They didn't pull that dirty trick though - no ticket - a "verbal warning" with no record made of it.

PS Edit - he said the policeman had his finger on the trigger the whole time and was shaking like a leaf.

I could tell of an even WORSE incident at that same location - but - it makes me so angry to think about it, that, I'll skip the story for now.

Still, POLICE STATE fits.

edit on 13/9/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: contraction typo

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Give me a break... We got our door kicked in windows broke and held at gun point for 45 minutes laying on the ground full of glass, while they ransacked the house... No incident report no arrest made, they just talked **** and left..... Try being held hostage by trigger happy idiots with a badge, then tell me what a police state looks like...
edit on 13-9-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
and the worst part is, in Illinois, if you try to fight the ticket, and you lose, the tickets are DOUBLED.
so it's pointless.

"just listen to the cop, and agree to whatever they say, because if you don't you'll owe MORE money, even if you're wrongfully accused."

Can we get a source on this?

This isn't sounding right. $300 for swerving, which will double if you fight it and lose? The way you said "tickets" made me think you got multiple tickets. But just one, which you already know the exact dollar amount for, which will double if you fight it?

Either America is much worse than I thought or?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Everyone thinks that they are a perfect driver. No disrespect to the OP but I often see really good drivers who I think should be banned from driving for their road sense and silliness.

Being pulled over for a road infringement is not a police state. I could give you a whole list of countries you should travel to if you wnat to experience a police state.

Regards

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

ESPECIALLY because of my parents. so this woman accuses me of being drunk because I'm nervous, upset, and sweating. on a hot summer night, after being pulled over by the cops, when I HATE getting in trouble.

Oh boo hoo. Your parents aren't supposed to matter in the eyes of the law. Anyone else and they would have probably breathylized you... Sorry you missed out.

Sidenote: I don't mind getting tickets if I make an infraction. I just want them to hurry up with it. My time is just as valuable as everyone else's. I don't need to spend 40 mins while they write a citation. Let them do it parking maid style...

*BTW, getting pulled over is not a police state. The police have every right to pull you over at any time to check if you have valid insurance and registration or of course if you made a driving infraction. Should they go beyond that though, push boundaries, etc.. Then by all means complain.

Most encounters I've had was with a mutual smile on both sides, and it should always be that way. I know some have experience worse, and that's a shame.

(The OP doesn't sound like they were smiling from the get go though...)
edit on 13-9-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Here is what a police state looks like. The courts make up a number that fathers are supposed to pay for a child regardless of how it was conceived. If they can't be bothered about the details regarding conception they should not be bothered with the details of payment..... Yet they are... Why?

You see my friend, everything with the government has to do with money, most states would like to declare things like child support unconstitutional but like any law the states don't wan't to uphold they are threatened with complete cutting of federal funds and programs which is enough to force them to comply because all states are bankrupt as is our entire country. It's just another way for the machine to tow in states who's lawmakers actually have a brain.

In this economy, they are happy to put a man in jail for not paying child support and maybe he is a deadbeat and maybe he is not, the problem is that the second you put him in jail, it's not only the mother and her government entitlement programs and the kids draining the public, now were paying $100.00 a day for the dad to stay in jail........ Wow, that makes alot of sense!

Get rid of entitlements except for the real exceptions, stop making having kids a living for women. Stop giving foreign people a 3 year tax break, stop bribing states with money you don't have to enforce your bogus federal laws. This I think is a first step in making things right again.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
To be honest you got lucky my friend! I AM GETTING CHARGED with an Aggravated DUI right now here in Arizona........ No I was not drinking, nor was I smoking anything at all! Just like you I was pulled over for false reasons! I was not told why I was pulled over till a full week after they arrested me and put me in jail. I went to jail for a FULL 24, meaning I missed work that day and am skating on thin ice with my job now. (BTW I walk two hours to work now, every day!) The cop that arrested me has been camping out front of where I work on my lunch breaks just to get a good fu**ckin laugh. He is there every day and claims he has a right to be there and laughs at my misfortune. Anyways a week goes by and they have finally told me that I failed to stop before making a right hand turn at a light.... Which is a complete and total lie. I stopped before the crosswalk, pulled up some, stopped a second time to allow a car pass, and then I turned. HOWEVER THAT IS COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT because he had turned his "cop lights" on when I was a good 75-100 feet or so from the crosswalk meaning that he MUST have been pulling me over for a different reason right? Well no. I did in fact have 7 grams of marijuana in the car however it was in my friends pockets, as well my friend had two pipes on him. Of course, they tell my friend WHO IS 18 "You are off the hook, You have 10 seconds to get the f**k out of here". AND yes the cop did in fact say the f**k work I am not exaggerating. My friend bolts, the cop then turns to me (and I am already cuffed face down in the pavement) so now why do you think it is okay to be smoking weed while you are driving??? I told him the truth, that I have not smoked any weed in more than 48 hours. Yes I do smoke weed, but just once a week as a reward for me doing excellent with everything else in my life. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, Alcohol is far worse and has bad side effects the following day. Weed is harmless. Cop does a blood test WITHOUT my consent....I do infact have a phobia of needles. This cop was laughing loudly in my face because I was afraid of the needle. Of course weed will show up because it stays in your blood for weeks! This cop then shows me my wallet and says, okay for our paperwork I need to know if you had any money on you while you were arrested. I said yes, I have $180 in the wallet that is in your hands. He laughed and said to me, not anymore you don't I just checked and there is no money in your wallet! I just came from the F**Kin bank, and you pulled me over. You took my wallet. How does my money dissappear between you arresting me and us getting to this cramped holding cell??? So they put me, 5 foot, 100 pound, 20 years old computer geek in jail with mexican gangs, REAL drug addicts, etc.. He then marks down that I am being not cooperative and that I was harassing him? This cop is charging this as a Felony! What did I ever do wrong! F**King bullSh*T I tell you! I am leaving the USA once I get this sorted out. However if the court system is as bad as I think it is, minimum sentence is 4 months in prison for this. AND BTW, I had to pay $2000 to get the car from the impound lot! SO YOU MY FRIEND ARE VERY LUCKY THEY DIDN'T F*CK YOU AS THEY DID ME.

First post, sorry for grammar guys but as you can see I am stressed and am lost in my head because of this it is not even funny.
edit on 13-9-2012 by a7x0shane because: additional info.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join