It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Terrorists Won! We Are Not Free Anymore!" - Jesse Ventura

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is an interview Jesse Ventura did yesterday (12-9-2012)

Part 1

Part 2

I love how openly Jesse speaks, no wonder he is black listed on most shows

And i do wish, Jesse would actually get involved in politics or some other movement instead of just complaining and informing (not that im doing much different, but i do not have the reputation, age or popularity he does).

Anyway i hope you enjoy as much as i did.

Namaste

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Jesse is pretty darn sharp in the interview.

He pwned Joy and she doesn't even realize it.

on to the next guest...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker

And i do wish, Jesse would actually get involved in politics or some other movement instead of just complaining and informing (not that im doing much different, but i do not have the reputation, age or popularity he does).

Namaste

Doesn't Governor of Minnesota count?

He was a bit off when he was running things there. Besides, the terrorists have won so much that he moved to Mexico years ago. Must be nice to be wealthy enough to flee.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Jesse is amazing.

I would love to see him sit down in a 4 way talk with Obama, Bush, and Clinton... It would be awesome.

Joy is a tool, but she hasn't realized it yet haha. She is afraid of the broader truth that is. The real reality, that we were sold out.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Smell the agenda... in the first moments Behar refers to Jesse as a "conspiracy theorist".. thus planting the seeds of dismissal right off of the bat.

Marginalizing truth... it's the new black.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Smell the agenda... in the first moments Behar refers to Jesse as a "conspiracy theorist".. thus planting the seeds of dismissal right off of the bat.

~Heff

In all fairness, what was the title of his show again?

If I had a show exclusively about magic, entitled "The Magicians Parlor with GGD", it would be fair to call me a magician.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

In all fairness, he was also a professional wrestler, announcer, actor, author, and Governor of Minnesota... Cherry picking one label out of the barrel does, IMO, smell like agenda. Especially when he's promoting a book not about conspiracy theory.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

And FDR was a Christmas Tree Farmer? What's your point?

After he left the governorship, he kind of faded from view only to have a comeback where he made his brand on the conspiracy circuit. If he's looking to re-brand himself then maybe he shouldn't have dug in so deep with that "I'm just a guy asking questions" routine.

It's like that old joke about a mason who is talking to son:

"Papa, did you build the church?"

"Aye son, I did. And the fort wall. And the road in front of town hall. But do they know me for this? No! Let me tell you boy, for all the other things you do if you bugger one sheep that's all they'll know you for!"

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Jesse is amazing.

I would love to see him sit down in a 4 way talk with Obama, Bush, and Clinton... It would be awesome.

Joy is a tool, but she hasn't realized it yet haha. She is afraid of the broader truth that is. The real reality, that we were sold out.

The real issue is that Obama, Bush and Clinton did not make unilateral decisions - they had advisors, guides, and the political responsibility to keep things going to plan. It's such a frustration to keep hearing how these individuals are responsible for everything. If ONE person could really affect so much globally, where are the real peace makers in politics that are there to make real change?

You cannot budge the mountain, but you can yell at the peak. All you do is get a sore voice. The mountain remains.

Ventura is someone making decisions for himself. Perhaps guided slightly at first with whatever caught his attention. But he has no agenda other than his own.

All the seemingly good logic he throws at his opponents, sure, good show. Does nothing. The mountain remains.

You have to move the earth, before you can move the mountain. And it's WE THE PEOPLE who are the earth.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

In all fairness, he was also a professional wrestler, announcer, actor, author, and Governor of Minnesota... Cherry picking one label out of the barrel does, IMO, smell like agenda. Especially when he's promoting a book not about conspiracy theory.

~Heff

Well it would be rather odd to introduce Jesse Ventura the ex-Wrestler with his views on terrorism.

He is known to get involved in CT. His political career is already well known and isn't catchy enough. Who wants to hear the words of an old fart pollie.. lol

But a Conspiracy Theorist?! One who has spent his entire life cashing in on charisma and deceit?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't know if Jesse Ventura ever visits ATS but if he does I hope he takes into consideration what I'm about to say:

Jesse should have his own tv show broadcast on the web, and on any and all tv stations that will put it on. He could even broadcast on international stations if any would strike a deal with him.

If the MSM won't give him air time, his show could get popularity just because he's made a big name for himself in the world. I wonder what the viewership of his program would be

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Fair enough, but it is a current ( and old ) media trick to apply labels at the beginning of an interview or hit piece that are known to invoke negative reactions in the viewer. "Conspiracy theorist" is one of those terms. To the average American it is an automatic "nut job" reaction trigger and tends to totally prejudice a persons perspective from that point forward.

It would have been more honest, IMO, for her to have introduced him as "Jesse Ventura, author of the new book..." and then, later, to cover his other potential labels - instead of marginalizing him in the first sentence.

Manipulation is a subtle art - and this is an example of the art not being so subtle.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Fair enough, but it is a current ( and old ) media trick to apply labels at the beginning of an interview or hit piece that are known to invoke negative reactions in the viewer. "Conspiracy theorist" is one of those terms. To the average American it is an automatic "nut job" reaction trigger and tends to totally prejudice a persons perspective from that point forward.

It's kind of a two edged sword, though, in that at the same time the viewer thinks "nut job", they also think "what's this nut job going on about?" and stop to listen.
Never underestimate the tabloid factor.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I really like the way he talks. In every interview I’ve seen he has never been left speechless and he’s never been owned. I’d love to see him sit down on the Bill O’Reilly Show. It’ll never happen, but it’d be good for a laugh. Or him on a panel with Bush, Cheney and Clinton.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor

Doesn't Governor of Minnesota count?

He was a bit off when he was running things there. Besides, the terrorists have won so much that he moved to Mexico years ago. Must be nice to be wealthy enough to flee.

Ofcorse, i have the out most respect for what Jesse has accomplished so far, however, since he has realized the BS of the current government (By participating and being part of it), he has greatly decreased his active involvement in politics.

All im saying is, if someone like Ventura was to start up a radio show, political party or grassroots movement, he would gain a following fast. I would prefer listening to Jesse over Alex (Jesse) about the corruption of our government and im sure im not the only one.

And again, i know i have no right to say hes not doing enough, which im not saying either. Ill im saying is i wish he would get more actively involved again, he would gain momentum fast i think, espescially after Ron Paul, people are much more ready to listen to a radical ideas now.

Namaste.
edit on 13/9/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Jesse Ventura is right. Not only are we not free, we are not safer, not by a long shot so I really wonder what the agenda was all about regarding 9/11. Who wanted what and did they get it?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Living in Mexico 6 months out of the year because he likes the weather? Something fishy about that. Personally I think Jesse Ventura is pretty much bang on with everything hence why he's out of the country half year. His life may well be in danger living full time in the States. Look at how many have been murdered, committed suicide, or mysteriously disappeared trying to get the truth out.

I say job well done, and I am definitely one of your believers

I've always had this gut feeling that he creeps this site as well. Sooo.... Hey buddy!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well, he's right. We have lost a lot of freedom since the terrorist attacks and now fear our own shadows. Which is exactly what they wanted.

It was BS that he was marginalized as a" Conspiracy theorist". If people do not think there are "real" conspiracies going on every day, all around you...you better pinch yourself, you are prob dreaming.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
oh jesse to bad you wont just play their games even a little , you could wake up so manny americans

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

~Heff

But he is...by his own admission...

Unless you advocate misreporting the facts?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join