It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Stanton Friedman posting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
After a couple of small, initial responses, Stanton Friedman is not posting anymore. How come?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Is anybody required to post here? He's busy or uninterested in posting at the moment. Can't hold that against him.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
We knew when Mr Friedman agreed to come here that he didn't have the time to post everyday.He'll answer questions when the windows of opportunity arise.

Also heestone is right.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
We knew when Mr Friedman agreed to come here that he didn't have the time to post everyday.He'll answer questions when the windows of opportunity arise.

Also heestone is right.

Didnt have the time? What do these UFO researchers do all day? I mean it seems like he's maxed out his information bank. What else is there to research? I would have expected most of these UFO researchers by now to just sit on the coach with a beer watching TV or something lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
He isn't JUST a UFO researcher, as you would know if you have read any of what he has posted or bothered to research him at all.

He is busy, that is all.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, I have researched him! And I know his background. Now he is essentially a RESEARCHER not a PHYSICIST anymore. I was just making the point that once you've maxed out the information bank you dont have anything else to do. There really hasnt been any good info. out as of late. So I was wondering what most researchers do in general when they've exhausted their search. I could understand if he's still out going to different archives or doing some more lectures, but writing one quick paragraph wouldnt hurt. I wanted to see him address what he felt about the disclosure project.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by crijack]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Was ATS paying him for his participation? He is a UFO researcher that makes money off of his appearances. Time is money, and I don't think the business owners of ATS would be able to pay his consultation fee. We're lucky to have what we have.

MK

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Its a bit of a joke really, arrange for an interview then not able answer much, when it was arranged did'nt anyone think or ask will you be able to answer questions for more than one night? What was the point in promoting this guest speaker if he was only going to answer a few questions.. Should have just advertised it as "will be here to answer a few questions, then thats it for one night only" Bad planning or comunication IMHO

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mfourl
Its a bit of a joke really, arrange for an interview then not able answer much,

No not really. Some of us spend alot of time here on ATS some alot less. Mr. Friedman cannot be expected to put his life on pause for 2 weeks to answer question in real time as we periodicaly put them up. Its not resonable IMHO. Be patient. Quite frankly its quite an honor to even be able to have your personal questions answered by such a noteworth UFO figure.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe he actually looked at the topics that are being discussed on the rest of the board and got scared off.
Maybe he thought, "Why should I discuss UFOs on a political flame war message board?"

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Maybe he actually looked at the topics that are being discussed on the rest of the board and got scared off.
Maybe he thought, "Why should I discuss UFOs on a political flame war message board?"

Well why not? I thought ATS was a very popular site compared to the others

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by mfourl
Its a bit of a joke really, arrange for an interview then not able answer much,

No not really. Some of us spend alot of time here on ATS some alot less. Mr. Friedman cannot be expected to put his life on pause for 2 weeks to answer question in real time as we periodicaly put them up. Its not resonable IMHO. Be patient. Quite frankly its quite an honor to even be able to have your personal questions answered by such a noteworth UFO figure.

Not saying that he should put his entire life on hold for 2weeks but it could have been a bit better planned/promoted. As the results at present from his appearance you have to admit have not been what was expected, well defo not what I expected!

Would have been better to have his undivided attention for one evening or 3hrs that fit into his schedule then a few replies!

Is he coming back? An update tbh would solve all our queries!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You seem to be the only one having a problem with him not rearranging his entire schedule to post on a message board, so please, rephrase your last statement.

The guy works for a living, and if you read anything about him you'd know he's a busy man. And to expect him to sit down "for 3 hours" is assinine.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

You seem to be the only one having a problem with him not rearranging his entire schedule to post on a message board, so please, rephrase your last statement.

The guy works for a living, and if you read anything about him you'd know he's a busy man. And to expect him to sit down "for 3 hours" is assinine.

lol no really lmao "you seem to be the only one having a problem with him not rearranging his entire schedule to post on a message board" lol when did I say rearrange his entire schedule, if he�s really that busy then what was the point of someone trying to arrange an interview? TBH I don�t even no the guy, or have even ever heard of him, all I know is from ATS. I just find it strange and misleading as to the promotion of the interview compared to the end result.

Sorry if that offends?

I think my problem is that I used to be a PA to a director and he had a very hectic schedule but everything was/is workable with planning!

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree with mfourl. I was also suprised at the end result.

But again I could understand if he's going around lecturing and researching more archives. But really a lot of the searching has pretty muched reached its limits. I dont think the army has declassified any big time reports recently where UFO researchers can just dive right into and come out with a public claim that UFO's exist.

And theres countless amount of evidence and video analysis from the experts that prove UFO's are real. Stanton Friedman can prove it and other researchers can prove it, so I highly doubt he's out trying to prove UFO's are real by doing more research on sightings. And we know he's not a physicist any more so he has no obligations to meet.

Maybe hes out there trying to examine and debunk the credentials of new "government officials" that claim to have worked on black projects. That would require a lot of research. Other than that, theres really nothing out there to investigate for UFO researchers.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by kyateLaBoca]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Stan hasn't even answered half of the questions posted. Those answers he did give were poorly formatted and rarely exceeded a paragraph or two.

I just don't think he really cares

If a presidential candidate can find time in his day to answer questions, then surely Friedman could.

[edit on 10-16-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wow, we post questions and we EXPECT people to respond in a matter of minutes. I am sure in his life, he has other things to do. The guy is nice enough to even answer a questions. Give people a break and give them some time. Life does not revolve around us. I guess I am just sick of people whining about not getting what they want.. when they want it.
Just relax, things will happen.....

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well, I for one am sweating. I�ve been approved for asking a question but was asked to let Mr. Friedman answer a few of the other questions first. I guess so that he doesn�t feel overloaded? That�s ok, I can deal with that. But how much more time is he going to be able to spend here?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
You do not need work to be busy. There is enough going around in the mind in life, that it can make you busy. My ex-girlfriend was in Germany, and I would only contact her once or twice a month, not because I was flooded with work, because I was overwhelmed with my own thoughts.

Now, what is taking up Mr Friedman's time, I have no idea, but I can at least respect that people can become busy. Now as Mr Friedman is doing this out of his own time, his own accord and is gaining nothing out of it, I don't think he owes us anything. So be thankful for what you get.

Wouldn't it be ironic, if he was just about to answer your questions, when he saw this topic, and decided "what a bunch of arrogant and ungrateful twirps, to hell with this" These kind of matters should be discussed outside the site, with moderators or admins, not publically. Have that much respect for a "guest" speaker.

Yes I also noticed his posts were unformatted, had a lot of spelling and grammar errors, and just did not seem to have a lot of effort put in them. Am I going to hold that against him? No, because he owes us nothing.

Learn to be thankful for what you get.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
John bull 1 answers this question above. I'm sure he will answer the questions when he has the time. I consider us fortunate to have even one question answered by this man, his time is valuable and any insight he can share is truly appreciated. I will be patient as I need to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join